The Good Dinosaur Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally saw it yesterday, and annoyingly couldn't get a 3-D showing. I have to admit, I also don't get why it's getting mixed reviews because of the story because they did something excellent by making it simple instead of the more complicated films they usually do. In fact, reading up on some of the stuff that was in the original Bob Peterson draft, I'm actually glad they didn't go with much of it. Like Arlo having another sibling. They made a sweet, simple film about self-discovery. And yet, while I did like Inside Out more, I love the fact that they made this movie as different as possible. Especially since it was a secret western.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I finally saw it yesterday, and annoyingly couldn't get a 3-D showing. I have to admit, I also don't get why it's getting mixed reviews because of the story because they did something excellent by making it simple instead of the more complicated films they usually do. In fact, reading up on some of the stuff that was in the original Bob Peterson draft, I'm actually glad they didn't go with much of it. Like Arlo having another sibling. They made a sweet, simple film about self-discovery. And yet, while I did like Inside Out more, I love the fact that they made this movie as different as possible. Especially since it was a secret western.
How many stars might you give it out of 10 ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't quite believe in star ratings. I go by comparative rating. I'd say my top 4 animated movies of the year would be Inside Out, Peanuts, Good Dinosaur and Minions. Probably in that order, but if it's a number ranking I'd tie Peanuts with Good Dinosaur.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed every animated film I've seen this year. That would pretty much be everything but Strange Magic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To give you an idea of how last minute some of the changes to the film was... well... Tomy has the toy license for Pixar films. Among other products, they have very small 2 piece figure sets. One of the sets features a Stegosaurus character that wasn't in the final product. There has to be more examples of toylines that featured characters on the cutting room floor, but this is a rare one. Kinda wish I bought it now in hindsight.