The grand MC exodus begins...

beaker

Reaction score
It's no secret over the last few months we've seen the absense of quite a few of the once big time posters.

However, quite alarmingly there seems to be quite a noticble absense and recent exit of virtually all of the remaining 'MC old timers" and a bunch of the well established newcomers.

Now I'm not going to cite any thing or situation behind this, I just find it kind of disheartening that a lot feel they cannot participate with the community they once held dear.

I fear there is quite a few more big time posters to quit soon which is unfortunate...yet its a sign that things have gotten perhaps a bit to heated in recent time.

But let's not lose contact. Being on MC shouldnt be a line in the sand. This community is more special than anything else online, as its very fabric I hope holds together no matter where we hang our collective porkpie hats.

So whether you be on MC, or now Warricks's FR forum, TP, or exclusively on AIM...lets keep everyone in touch and hope for the best. Perhaps someday soon we can all come back together into a collective fold somehow.

matleo

Reaction score
The great Conjunction is the end of the world!!!!!.......Or the beginning.
End, Begin: it's all the same.

But seriously, I think a lot of people are taking time off. Ya know,cooling their heals a bit. I know some people have just gone back to college or whatever and don't have as much time as they used to. This is actually a trend we go threw every fall if I recall correctly.
Like many around here, I've also decided maybe it's time to kick back a little. I'll be around and lurk, but I'm also going to actually try and cut back on my web time a bit. I've got a lot of projects goin' now and need to focus my attention on my puppet company and the flesh and blood people around me. The irony is that I'm finding several of the 'fleshies' around me these days are MC folk. Go figure.
In my experiences, I've found that we keep in touch with those who are important to us. Wether I'm here or not, I will probably continue to IM Warrick, Jamie, Annika, and others. I look forward to the prospect of a NY Muppetfest and meetig many of you. I'll still be lurking here, but probably posting less. Basically it'll be like how I was back on Delphi so most of you won't notice the difference. I don't know if there is a point to this rambling but I guess it is something that has been on my mind lately too, Cory, and I just haven't wanted to say anything about it. Thank you for letting me have my moment. In the last year or so, I've shared a lot with many of you, the horrific acts of 9/11, the buzz leading up to Muppetfest, the rumors and argunants about a Disney buyout, the relase of the series 1 Muppet figs, and any of my own recent personal events which some of you have helped get me through (wether you knew or or not). If I forget to say it later or if I've forgotten to say it earlier, thank you for being part of my life.

Love, Matt aka Matleo

beaker

Reaction score
To chris: Quite a few old timers, way too many to list. Theres stilla few around(me, luke, chillydown, byron, Warrick, etc) but most have gone their ways.

to mattleao: I really enjoed reading what you said...especially the part about the root of things...which is staying in contact. And also meeting people at Muppetfest...as well as the possibility this could just be a season of time off. I do think, as I have talked with others, its much more than that, but whatever.

I truly think a season of change is coming up for various things relating to the online Muppet community and beyond that Muppetdom itself. What kind of change? I cants ay exactly, but it definately has the possibility to either strengthen the rift or
bring us close together. The reason I say that is because I see patterns. It was like this last summer on 2001. So much in fighting, then togetherness during and around Muppetfest, then fighting right before the changeover from Delphi. Yet with the buyout looming soon, a possible muppetfest announcement, and other things simmering behind the theatre curtain...well change is definately in the winds.

grail

Reaction score
yes, well...some of us that very publicly left are very quickly finding that we don't know what to do with all the free time...i never realized how much time i spent in here, and i'm already missing it...i think i may have to reconsider my previous position...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
on knees in front of grail

Yes Mike, PLEEEEEASE don't leave us! You've been a great addition around here, nice and funny and interesting, and I know that I (and some others) would really miss your presence.

:frown:

Stick around, buddy...pleeeeeeease?! I'll even stay on my knees for ya and let ya feel taller! :big_grin:

:stick_out_tongue:

*truly hopin' he reconsiders*

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Mike! Come back!! You rock!!

Beaker..you're not leaving are you? That would be really bad!! Man! Everyone's leaving!

P.S. I can't really go to Warrick's Fraggle Board since I know so darn little about them!! Stupid cable!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Yeah, Mike! Come back!! You rock!!

Beaker..you're not leaving are you? That would be really bad!! Man! Everyone's leaving!

P.S. I can't really go to Warrick's Fraggle Board since I know so darn little about them!! Stupid cable!!!
Oh, Im not going anywhere! Not with great comrades like Luke, you, Matt, Kim, Chris, Warrick...and now from the looks of it, Grail is back...so yeah...we'll keep this party rocking somehow:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
I'll also be making some changes to my Muppet online presence and will keep you guys informed.