1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

The Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island coming to Blu-ray December 10

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet fan 123, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I'm watching Muppet Treasure Island right now since it's Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I really can't wait for the Blu-ray. The DVD looks... okay... but I know it'll look SO much better in high definition.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

its 1 month and 16 days until this is released!

ElizaSchuyler and panmanthe2nd like this.
  3. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

It's going to be great!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. muppetlover123

me too im excited :)

5. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

:insatiable:: B is for Blue-ray, that's good enough for me!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. muppetlover123

you know ive been thinking i wonder if the preview of muppets most wanted will be the clips shown at D23 the Dominic and Constantine number and the theater clip they showed...

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

ToughPigs has done a cover redesigning contest again

Okay. At this point, these are no longer funny. It's always the same jokes. Yeah, we get it. The cover sucks. Making a worse one as a commentary has been done. The real challenge is to say "Your cover sucks, here's a better one."

I applaud the serious attempts. The For the love of Piggy collection's actually quite cute. But really do we need to do the "obscure Muppet" joke everytime?

Twisted Tails likes this.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I have made one for every contest, but I try to keep the jokes (somewhat) newer. In the past (the first contest to be exact) I was the only one to that joke (inserting Elmo and the sorts) and now it seems that a lot of people have been copying my idea. In this one I made fun of Disney's handling of the Muppets. I did try to connect with the fans, poking fun at everyone's grievances.

Sorry if mine wasn't what you were looking for.

jvcarroll likes this.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

After watching the trailer for Muppets Most Wanted I can see why they are releasing this when they are. These two movies are the more action packed movies, and it looks like Most Wanted is going to be more action packed then both of them combined!

10. muppetlover123

Does anybody have their copy yet from dvdworldusa.com? A couple people from bluray.com have theirs.

11. panmanthe2nd

Mine's arrived!!! I'm just about to watch it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. muppetlover123

How are the bonus features?

13. panmanthe2nd

So-so. It has the classic bonuses, which are all good.

The only 'new' one is the 'Let The Good Shine Out' music video, which is from the sing-along, but without the words on the screen. the music video is good quality, but I wouldn't say HD.

It's a pity they didn't get any better bonus for GMC. :(

But, all-in-all I'm very happy to have all of the Muppet movies on Blu-Ray!

14. muppetlover123

What about the Muppets Most Wanted preview or whatever that is on the bluray

15. panmanthe2nd

I'll look again when I can, but I couldn't find that on there. There was a 'sneak peeks' button, but that was just about other disney blu-rays.

16. muppetlover123

It should be on there idk

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I received a copy today, and it makes NO SENSE.

The package includes one Blu-Ray, which consists of both films on the disc, and as well, they threw in a DVD copy of Great Muppet Caper, without MTI included.

MTI is only available on the Blu-Ray, but not the DVD. The bonus features are on the Blu-Ray disc.

EDIT: Wait! There's another DVD under the GMC one! I didn't see that. It might just be a re-copy of the Kermit's 5oth. The DVD looks lame, it the typical grey cover they always put.

18. muppetlover123

Im just excited for both on bluray. The bonus features sound lame

19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

"The Tale of The Story Beyond The Tail" sounds pretty exciting, as well as the Audio Commentary by Rizzo, Gonzo and Brian Henson. None of these were on the Kermit's 5oth DVD.

20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The commentary was on the first DVD release, and has special behind the scenes videos as well. Great fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.