1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Grumpy King: New Cartoon Network puppet series

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Buck-Beaver, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Buck-Beaver Active Member

2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Is this really puppetry? Looks more like CGI to me.
  3. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Aside from the obvious CG effects (like the wand sparks) it's 100% hand crafted puppetry. Jonny and Will specialize in doing Bunraku-style puppets...their bodies and/or the control rods for the puppets are just erased in post production when necessary.

If you watch their demo reel (there's a link to it at the bottom of my post), it includes some "behind the scenes" shots of them rehearsing and working on-set. The same sort of technique was used extensively on shows like "It's A Big, Big World" and "The Book of Pooh".
  4. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The only thing I dislike is the fact that they don't talk. Who is going to sit through an 11 minute show with no talking? Other than that it is great! ;)
  5. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Is it an 11 minute show? It's probably non-verbal so it's easier to sell and broadcast the show in foreign markets.
  6. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Most Cartoon network shows last around 11 minutes, with two episodes. I could be wrong.
  7. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Um... I couldn't access the website. Please help me!
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Saw the first video. It's intriguing to say the least. Will have to check out the other two later
  9. bluebomber95 Member

How the **** do they get those expressions?! It's looks like stop motion... without all the stop!