1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The guilty pleasure thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mo, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Just Starship, not the Jefferson part.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

You know how I said most Robot Chicken fans dislike season 5. Actually, I find Season 3 to be the most disturbing and creepy season they've done so far. It still has it's fair share of really good, genius skits but a lot of it really disturbs me and creeps me out as well. I guess they were probably just trying to push it with the dark humor once they realized that's what fans like, but thankfully they stopped going that far once season 4 started. A lot of the show's biggest nightmare fuel moments originated in that season (the only one that didn't is the infamous Sunny Muffins skit) aside from that you'll see some of the most disturbing ones they've ever done if you binge the DVD version from beginning to end. Some of these scenes include a baby taking a bite out of a puppy, Jesus getting whipped and liking it, a group of people looking at an adorable baby who we then found is dead (seriously, who laughs at that?), The Cat in the Hat as a flasher, a kid watching his mom get beheaded right before his eyes, a little boy committing suicide after playing the game Operation, a very twisted take on the obscure children show The Magical Garden, She-Ra brutally attacking every character that comes in her way, and a very hard to watch skit about Helen Keller. The writers even openly admitted that they were sorry about the Helen Keller one, which is a rare occurrence for that show. In fact, the whole episode Celebutard Mountain is pretty much creepy to me all the way through. Within the first few minutes we already see Seth Green brutally murder an innocent person, the creepy puppets from Mr. Rogers (I know their innocent children's characters, but they've always creeped out for some reason), a very uncanny valley depiction of the Devil, a horrifying looking Big Bad Wolf, and two suicide jokes. Yeah, that episode made me feel disturbed and offended rather than happy like most episodes do. But personally, I don't hate season 3 despite all of that. It actually has some of their best moments in there too. Mumm-Ra Doubtfire? You gotta admit, that's pretty clever and let's not forget about such clever, unique parodies as the very punny Sir-Mix-A-Lot skit, Boo-Boo Bear as Rambo, the Sleestaks hanging out at the library, a very ridiculous take on Zelda, a Forrest Gump pun involving anthropomorphic trees and the hilariously off the wall Fraggle Rock one. Any season that references Fraggles is automatically a favorite of mine. If I were talking to someone who'd never seen the show before, I wouldn't discourage them from watching season 3 for that reason. I'd just tell them to prepare themselves for some pretty grotesque stuff every once in a while.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.