The guilty pleasure thread!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And I wonder why people should feel guilty about what they like. I wondered if "guilty pleasures" meant "things we know are bad but like anyway", which makes me think, if you like it, do you really want to admit it's bad?
Because itz da interwebz and how DARE you lyk s0mthing that sucks!!111111

But seriously, I would think, going by that interpretation, it's because people don't want to be harassed by idiots who feel the need to point out when someone has "bad taste" or the "wrong opinion" about things.

I usually use the term to mean something that I don't personally normally like, but like this particular thing, regardless of if its good or not. It's just one of those phrases that has different interpretations...

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this thread, because why the heck did it die?

Anyway, my guilty pleasures are:
- Burger King food
- Wendy's food
- junk food in general (especially pizza and candy)
- disco music
- We Built This City by Jefferson Starship
- some of the Chris Savino era episodes of Dexter's Laboratory (like the one where Dexter and Mandark's dads fight, and the one where Dexter is stuck inside his computer)
- Fanboy and Chum Chum
- Space Jam
- Home on the Range (the Disney movie)
- Minions (the movie and the characters)
- furry/anthro art (not the sexy stuff, though)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, and the original 80's My Little Pony (I lump them in this category, because it seems nobody likes these cartoons anymore).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this thread, because why the heck did it die?

Anyway, my guilty pleasures are:
- Burger King food
- Wendy's food
- junk food in general (especially pizza and candy)
- disco music
- We Built This City by Jefferson Starship
- some of the Chris Savino era episodes of Dexter's Laboratory (like the one where Dexter and Mandark's dads fight, and the one where Dexter is stuck inside his computer)
- Fanboy and Chum Chum
- Space Jam
- Home on the Range (the Disney movie)
- Minions (the movie and the characters)
- furry/anthro art (not the sexy stuff, though)
Oh, I forgot one:
- the Sonic R soundtrack. The game itself stinks, but the soundtrack is decent in my opinion, and I don't quite get why so many people hate it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My guilty pleasures are:
-New SpongeBob
-New Simpsons
-Clarence
-Teen Titans Go
-The Dixie Chicks (after the controversy they caused back in the 00s, a lot of people seem to hate them)
-The new Captain Underpants movie
-The Star Wars prequels
-Jar Jar Binks (see above)
-The Lilo & Stitch anime (most fans seem to dislike it due to Lilo's absence, but I've grown to like Yuna)
-What Does the Fox Say?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Bloodhound Gang. They are pretty much my opposite taste in music. But they did tour with Bowling for Soup, so...maybe there's something to it :stick_out_tongue:
Wasn't The Bloodhound Gang also the name of an obscure children's mystery/thriller series on PBS back in the 80s? Due to my vast knowledge of obscure pop culture, I thought that was what you were talking about at first.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My guilty pleasures are:
-New SpongeBob
-New Simpsons
-Clarence
-Teen Titans Go
-The Dixie Chicks (after the controversy they caused back in the 00s, a lot of people seem to hate them)
-The new Captain Underpants movie
-The Star Wars prequels
-Jar Jar Binks (see above)
-The Lilo & Stitch anime (most fans seem to dislike it due to Lilo's absence, but I've grown to like Yuna)
-What Does the Fox Say?
I have a few others:
-Season 5 of Robot Chicken (Many fans claim it to be the weirdest and most offensive season they've done. I personally find it to be just as awesome at the others)
-The Garfield Show
-The Simpsons crossover with Family Guy (Aside from the Star Wars ones and some of The Cleveland Show episodes, this is the only Family Guy episode that I still really like after quitting the series not too long ago;Stewie's prank call to Moe was a bit uncalled for though, I agree with the critics on that one)
-The Looney Tunes Show (I find it kind of weird that I like this but not Space Jam)
-Clarence (I feel like the show can get a bit weird and awkward at times so this isn't one that I'm particularly proud of watching)
-The asdfmovie videos on YouTube. Again, due to how zany, immature, and sometimes awkward they can be
-Benthelooney on YouTube (I know he has some unusual interests, being a brony and someone who draws suggestive photos on Deviantart. But I think his YouTube work can be really clever and funny at times, especially Daisy and Dexter. They are so cute and make me laugh on a personal laugh because my neighbor has two dogs with the exact same names as the titular dogs from Ben's shorts)