1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 17, 2018

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by stephenjlizard, Oct 15, 2008.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

That's just ignorant parents always assuming puppet stuff is for kids.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, i've heard stories about parents getting freaked out because they took their kids to Avenue Q.
    It's so flipping stupid. If you plan to see something and don't want to scar your children/be offended/grossed out, then actually research what you're going to see. Especially now, all you have to do is see the rating on the trailer or look at the parents guide on IMDB.

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

The TV ads for Avenue Q clearly say that it's for adults only, so why do parents take their kids to it anyway?

Reminds me of when Ryan Reynolds had to tell parents not to take their kids to see Deadpool because even though it's R-rated and strictly for adults, they dragged their kids to it anyway because kids love superhero movies and they somehow thought it was kid-friendly.
    [​IMG]
    I have a feeling that the very same thing will happen with Happytime Murders because parents will think it's family-friendly Muppets or Sesame Street.

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Because parents today spoil their kids and this is why we have nanny reality shows.

Yup, it will, and there will be change.org petitions to make it G and parents whining "mah baby wuz expozed 2 dis movie and it had bad language!!!!11111!!!! Dis movie iz puppet bait and da producers shud b ashamed!!!1111!!!"

It's gonna happen. I have powers that predict the future.

5. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Well-Known Member

Saw the trailer recently. I have no problem with its raunchiness, it's just similar to what I'm already familiar with from Crank Yankers.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I made this same comparison in the Muppet Fans confession thread.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I guess I'm not at all surprised that Bill Barretta is performing the lead puppet in the movie - he's always kind of been Henson's edgiest puppeteer.

Muppy and gavry3 like this.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

I just saw the trailer this weekend, and yeah, the lead character does have a Johnny Fiama feel to him.

It looks...crude and awful and wonderful. Yeah, I'll watch that.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

OK so, like, this is kind of a moral dilemma...

I really want to support this movie because it's The Jim Henson Company and I want them to make other things, I also hope that if the movie does well then there will be more puppet movies. But what if it gets awful reviews, should I still go to see it and support a terrible movie?

IDK, maybe this is stupid because the movie isn't even out yet and we have no idea how it'll do one way or the other. But, hypothetically what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Muppy, Froggy Fool and D'Snowth like this.