"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tough Pigs posted some conceptual art...

Henson, if you're listening... do whatever the heck it takes to get this thing freaking made. Sue Wienstine for money next time they have something in the Oscars if you have to. Just get this thing made because

is TOOOOOO cool a character to let die. I'd buy an art print of that right now. That's how freaking cool that one looks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What/who is the character you're talking about Drtooth?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Maybe they should just do this as a graphic novel or picture book...those look great. I wish they would take the approach they did with Mirror Mask...the movie might not do well at the box office but might make its money on DVD sales and a cult following(similar to what happened with labrynth and Dark Crystal)

Drtooth

Reaction score
What/who is the character you're talking about Drtooth?
I don't know his name or what the heck he is... but it looks like a hard boiled noir detective in blue Muppet form. He's smoking too... wearing a trenchcoat... trust me.. he's a REALLY cool looking character.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. Did some sleuthing of my own, found his name to be Phil Phillips who'll be paired up with Det. Edwards to solve the murders as his ex-girlfriend Jenny (Heighl maybe?) becomes the killer's next target.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm for this as long as it is mature not just vulgar.... Its neat idea I just don't want them to be pushing the envelope just because. A Matue darkly humorous story would be great...Maybe in the vain of the original Roger Rabbit novel.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. Did some sleuthing of my own, found his name to be Phil Phillips who'll be paired up with Det. Edwards to solve the murders as his ex-girlfriend Jenny (Heighl maybe?) becomes the killer's next target.
There's also a very cool photo of a 'murder victim' Puppet with its stuffing spilling from its stomache. Looks like this movie could be IMMENSE!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm for this as long as it is mature not just vulgar.... Its neat idea I just don't want them to be pushing the envelope just because. A Matue darkly humorous story would be great...Maybe in the vain of the original Roger Rabbit novel.
I agree and get exactly what you're saying. Vulgar only works if it's funny and serves the story.

Personally, I liked the low budget Feebles. Well, some of it. Parts were vulgar and funny and parts were just poop jokes and gross-out humor. I can't endorse those bits. Puppets, animation, live action...it doesn't matter - cheap is cheap.

I hope Happytime goes the funny route.