1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by stephenjlizard, Oct 15, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they've been working on this before long before Steve's departure, and Disney isn't even involved with the movie.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

This movie was already in production before they fired that certain puppeteer. Steve never had anything to do with it. Why are you trying to start drama again?

Froggy Fool likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ahh because I love drama and there hasn't been any in while.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

NO! Bad Dwayne!
    *drop kicks Dwayne in the nipple*

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

ouch

6. Muzzarino

Muzzarino Well-Known Member

On that one Letter P bumper here, there's some pictures of Lucy the **** shown on the left.

7. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I can't believe they're using the lawsuit in the marketing:

8. Muzzarino

Muzzarino Well-Known Member

That already past, so we don't need to worry about the legal action against it.

9. D'Snowth

Okay, now that was rather unncessary.

LittleJerry92 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

They are simply going for shock value simply to pull in more movie goers.

I wonder if this hurts the relationship between Sesame and Henson.

11. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I don’t know but, honestly it’s more of the marketing team that’s doing this rather than the Henson Company. I remember Brian saying in interview that he was trying to avoid Sesame Street/Muppet references in the film.

12. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

The Happytime Murders and the people making it have basically told everyone “**** you, we don’t care about you, get the **** out of our way, and enjoy the movie you ***********!!”

I love it. I’m really hyped now. The balls on these people are fantastic.

13. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I don't care how they market the movie if the jokes suck.
    "Oh, you like pee? I have..."

Hardy-har-har. I'd love to meet the 8 year old who wrote that zinger.

14. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

It’s almost as good a joke as your username.

15. CBPuppets

CBPuppets Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly I heard that movie has been in the works since 2010.

16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there will be some corny R-rated jokes, but I'm still excited none the less.

17. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Yeah, it shocked me it was rated R. They must of pushed for that, to be like "puppets are for adults too".

18. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Goes back to my point of when I hate when people assume that all puppet stuff is for kids.

19. D'Snowth

I agree with what Shane said a few posts back, that blue comedy can work in the right context, but then there's blue comedy that's utilized purely for shock value and for the sake of pushing blue . . . and this movie does seem to be doing the latter. I'm not saying puppets can't be adult, because they can: Sid & Marty Krofft started out doing a burlesque show with marionettes, and we all know Jim pushed hard to prove that puppets could be for adults as much as for kids. I get what the Hensons are doing with this movie, wanting to prove that puppets can be for adults as well, but there's also the hope that this movie will be successful enough to bring puppetry to a more mainstream status, which would actually be wonderful! That being said, however, my main concern is with how blue this movie is, and how hard they're pushing the adult humor and raunchy content that if this movie does, indeed, become successful, that this will end up dividing puppetry into kids only and adults only, much like successful adult cartoons like Matt Groening and Seth McFarlane's stuff has done for animation.

20. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

That's what I was getting at; what Jim did was timeless and for all ages.

scooterfan360 likes this.