1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by stephenjlizard, Oct 15, 2008.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You forgot this as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

So... is it just me, or does the new Detective Pikachu trailer look like the type of film Happy Time Murders should have been?

The movie is taking Pokemon, a childhood property, and making a realistic "gritty" buddy cop movie. They make jokes about the Pokemon like interrogating a Mr. Mime, saying they will make him talk. The movie looks like it plays on your expectations of what a Pokemon movie is. It seems like this is what a PG Happy Time Murders would have looked like and it seems to be widely loved by the internet.

Perhaps Brian Henson was wrong to go the hard R route and should have gone PG or even PG-13.

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that when the DVD comes out December 4th, one of the bonus features will be a commentary by Brian Henson and Bill Barretta! Even the people who weren't crazy about the movie, you gotta admit that makes the DVD worth buying. For instance, I'm not really a fan of the Dark Crystal, but I like watching the behind-the-scenes footage and listening to the commentary.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

Will the DVD have an extended directors cut?

5. antsamthompson9

There will be deleted scenes. I guess you could take those scenes and edit those into the movie if you really want to.

Lorelei likes this.
  6. CBPuppets

CBPuppets Well-Known Member

I hope to get it on BluRay

7. antsamthompson9

Now that the film's out on DVD, is anyone willing to make a version with Melissa McCarthy and the 2 sex scenes edited out for certain people who won't give the movie a chance for those reasons? Little word of advice: Instead of just cutting to the next scene, show text describing what's going on so the audience isn't lost. Also if Melisa's in a scene with a puppet, just zoom in on the puppet so they don't miss the awesome performances by the puppeteers.

8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Sounds bloody stupid to take out the main actor in the film

ConsummateVs likes this.
  9. antsamthompson9

Hey, I'm just trying to show people who are skeptical about this movie that there's more to it than the raunchy stuff.

10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Cut out the sex scenes that is totally understandable but the MAIN ACTOR???

ConsummateVs likes this.
  11. antsamthompson9

That's a certain someone who I don't wanna call out's problem for not giving Melissa a chance.

12. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Bahahahaha! Reminds me of how China is banning Winnie the Pooh from Kingdom Hearts 3 because people made memes about their president looking like him. They basically put a white fog over him, hahaha.

13. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Look I enjoyed Happytime Murders as well but, I don’t think anyone should force people to watch the movie.

14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Mmmm yeah taking out the main actor is a bit overkill. Besides, removing the main character from any movie would make the whole thing a confusing mess

if people dont wanna watch the movie for whatever reason, that's their business

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  15. Lorelei

Lorelei New Member

When I got my DVD in the mail, the first thing I did was watch the deleted scenes, and they blew me away! How different the film would've been if only STX had let them keep the darker noir parts! So I've moved all the files from the DVD to my computer to make a full edit for my personal viewing. I'm going to add all the deleted scenes in their original positions in the film, plus figure out a music change (McCarthy said the first script she read had "I'm Your Puppet" as the opening music). Oh and I'm thinking about putting the "True Hollywood Story" short from YouTube somewhere at or near the beginning of the movie, since it might blend nicely. I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole re-assembled thing from beginning to end.

16. Lorelei

Lorelei New Member

Hi CBP -- Did you see Happytime's "True Hollywood Story" short on YouTube? I've always wondered whether a big chunk of that short was supposed to be in the movie itself.

17. antsamthompson9

This is sad: The movie has been nominated for Razzie awards. It's sad that some people couldn't look past the crassness and realize that there is a really good story at the center of this movie.

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have put more focus on the story and less on the crassness.

19. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I would be very interested in seeing a fan edit of the film. I am positive the youtube video was put out by Henson after the studio butchered his movie as a means of getting the backstory out there.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  20. antsamthompson9