1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Henson Audition Tape: Website

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Ryan New Member

Hey all!
    Remember a month or so ago I told you all about the Kevin Clash experience and me sending in a tape? Well, here's a "Behind The Scenes" look at the audition tape. I hope you like it! ;)
    http://members.tripod.com/fragglerockmagic/
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Cool stuff and great puppets!
  3. Ryan New Member

Thanks for the kind words, man! :D
    BTW, most of these pictures are from Bloopers and flubs. When I find my copy of the tape, I'll make some Mpegs.
  4. Jeffrey Gray Member

Oh my god...Candy looks just like it came out of the Henson workshop!!! (I mean, seriously, it looks like a genuine Muppet...)
  5. Ryan New Member

LOL

Thanks! But I can't take the credit. Muppeteer Terry Angus built her for me. :D YYYAAAAYYY Terry!! ;)
  6. Cantus New Member

Hey Scooter, have you heard word back about the tape? I have some stuff that I'd like to use for an audition tape too, I should post some pics up like you did. Where did you send the tape when you sent it to Henson? What sort of details would i need if i were to send one in? I'm from Australia and it is my goal in life to work for the Jim Henson company.
  7. Stryder Wolfe New Member

that's awesome!
  8. Jeffrey Gray Member

I also want to work for Henson, but I am not going to audition until I have received an education in puppetry, and until I am old enough for them to accept me without me having to drop out of school or something like that...
  9. MuppetQuilter Member

Looks great Ryan! :)

The captions on the pictures were fun, too.
  10. Ryan New Member

Wow, thanks guys! I am glad all of my hard work paid off in the end (or almost end, I hope! LOL) ::Crosses Fingers::

Jeffrey Gray
    Send a tape now. They are alaways interested in teaahcing new talent. And they can't hire you until you are 18, so.. send a tape anyway. You can find out where to send it on Henson.com. Or, write to them and ask them where to send it.

Cantus
    Yeah, send a tape. No word yet. But Kevin guaruntees a letter back from every tape You can just lip synch to a song or two, or do anything...there is no set time limit. You can find the address on henson.com

Thanks to everyone for their ongoing support. I'll let you know when I hear something

BTW, if you are vitally intereted in working for JHC, try to obtain a copy of the 1998 MTR SS panel discussion including Kevin. He talks abut auditioning a lot.
  11. Jeffrey Gray Member

Scooter:

I don't know anything about how to operate puppets yet, and have no time to learn at the moment, with school in the way. That's why I'm waiting. I hope to do it after I graduate from college (and actually learn something about operating puppets). But by that time, maybe I'll find something else I want to do instead. Either way, it's just a thought at the moment. It'll be a few years until I actually audition...I was just saying that I wanted to be involved with the Muppets in the future.
  12. Joggy Member

The best way to learn to operate puppets is just DOING it. Purchase or build a puppet that's easy to perform and start experimenting on movements, voices, expressions... you really don't need classes or anything to get started. Just mess around on your own... Then see if you can pick anything up from lessons (or experiences with other puppeteers, etc)
  13. Jeffrey Gray Member

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind...
  14. Traveling Matt New Member

Ryan-

Forgive the ignorance, but what does "MTR" stand for?

Where can this panel discussion be found?

- Billy :cool:
  15. Ryan New Member

TravellingMatt-

No problem. MTR stands for Museum of TV and Radio. I have the show which I obtained from trade. E mail me and maybe we can work something out!
  16. Traveling Matt New Member

No problem, Ryan.

Could you post some of the stuff Kevin says about auditioning here?

Don't rule out a trade though, because I'm expecting a lot of new stuff in the mail from another trade in the next few weeks, so I'll keep ya in mind!

- Billy :cool:
  17. Ryan New Member

Travelling Matt:
    I'll send you an Mpeg. Got IM?
  18. Traveling Matt New Member

Sure, on AOL I'm Icedudeweb.

What's your name, so I can maybe catch you?

Thanks

Billy
  19. Ryan New Member

I'm ryandill02