The Henson Museum in Leland, Mississippi

peyjenk

Reaction score
Is the Birthplace of Kermit Museum in Leland, MS still open? I went once years and years ago and loved it, and have wondered for the past couple of years if it was even still in operation. It was small, but very interesting with an amazing display of Muppet merchandise and some actual Muppet puppets! Has anyone else been?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was wondering about that to, especially since the big flood that went through the area a while ago.But apparently it is as the web page is still going and there is a new exhibit there on loan from the Jim Henson legacy.
www.lelandms.org/kermit.html

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was wondering about that to, especially since the big flood that went through the area a while ago.But apparently it is as the web page is still going and there is a new exhibit there on loan from the Jim Henson legacy.
www.lelandms.org/kermit.html
I don't know, the website looks a bit outdated: there's "new" info on the Muppet postage stamps that have been out for awhile already....

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It looks like there is a forum for the city of Leland and it has active posts. You could post there and ask if the museum is still open. It sounds so awesome, I want to go there sometime!