The Henson Stictch

Reaction score
In the book "The Art of the Muppets" by Henson Staff, they mention something called the "Henson Stich," or the stich Don Sahlin invented for Henson designed to hide seams in Muppet Fleece.

What is this secret stich? Does anyone know? Thanks.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Janice Tenderly said:
In the book "The Art of the Muppets" by Henson Staff, they mention something called the "Henson Stich," or the stich Don Sahlin invented for Henson designed to hide seams in Muppet Fleece.

What is this secret stich? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Search the puppeterty forum this question has already been discussed at some length

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you guys find the thread, could you post the URL here please?

T'ANKS!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
D'Snowth...go to the main Puppetry Forum page, Click "search" and type "Henson Stitch". All of the threads will appear. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Basically, sew so you don't see seams.

heh heh: sew/so, see/seams.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I should have thought to search before I asked... Anyway, appreciate the direction...

By the way, I have been enjoying this forum for some time now. Thanks so much for all your wonderful, helpful advice.

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
After some poking around on the internet, I made the following discovery:

The Henson Stitch was apparently originated on the planet Mars. Cryptoplanetologist Richard Hoagland recently un"earthed" retouched NASA photos that reveal the presence of an invisible stitch on the infamous "Face of Mars". After running the photo through 30 different filters, and superimposing elements of the Zapruder film onto it, and calculating the square root of the sum of 33 degree Masons at Jim Henson Productions, the stitch was clear as day.

Seriously ... the Henson Stich is as elusive as Bigfoot, Nessie and Elvis put together. If it were real it would either be patented or widely disseminated.

It's an urban legend. Like how I lost my kidney in South America last year. (Incidently, whoever did it stitched me up with the Henson Stitch.)

What I want to know is how they hid marionette strings pre-cgi in the bicycle sequences (Muppet Movie & Great Muppet Caper.)

-- Scraps "wild-eyed conspiracy theorist" Flippy
:wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's not an urban legend...it's real. Just like Bigfoot. :wink:

They hid the marionette strings in the Muppet Movies through careful lighting and photography.