1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Henson Stictch

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Janice Tenderly, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Janice Tenderly

Janice Tenderly New Member

In the book "The Art of the Muppets" by Henson Staff, they mention something called the "Henson Stich," or the stich Don Sahlin invented for Henson designed to hide seams in Muppet Fleece.

What is this secret stich? Does anyone know? Thanks.
  2. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Search the puppeterty forum this question has already been discussed at some length
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If you guys find the thread, could you post the URL here please?

T'ANKS!
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

D'Snowth...go to the main Puppetry Forum page, Click "search" and type "Henson Stitch". All of the threads will appear. :)
  5. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Basically, sew so you don't see seams.

heh heh: sew/so, see/seams.
  7. Janice Tenderly

Janice Tenderly New Member

Thanks everyone! I should have thought to search before I asked... Anyway, appreciate the direction...

By the way, I have been enjoying this forum for some time now. Thanks so much for all your wonderful, helpful advice.
  8. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

After some poking around on the internet, I made the following discovery:

The Henson Stitch was apparently originated on the planet Mars. Cryptoplanetologist Richard Hoagland recently un"earthed" retouched NASA photos that reveal the presence of an invisible stitch on the infamous "Face of Mars". After running the photo through 30 different filters, and superimposing elements of the Zapruder film onto it, and calculating the square root of the sum of 33 degree Masons at Jim Henson Productions, the stitch was clear as day.

Seriously ... the Henson Stich is as elusive as Bigfoot, Nessie and Elvis put together. If it were real it would either be patented or widely disseminated.

It's an urban legend. Like how I lost my kidney in South America last year. (Incidently, whoever did it stitched me up with the Henson Stitch.)

What I want to know is how they hid marionette strings pre-cgi in the bicycle sequences (Muppet Movie & Great Muppet Caper.)

-- Scraps "wild-eyed conspiracy theorist" Flippy
    ;)
  9. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

It's not an urban legend...it's real. Just like Bigfoot. ;)

They hid the marionette strings in the Muppet Movies through careful lighting and photography.
  10. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

and don't forget editing!
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

This is a contradiction in terms. If it's secret, no one knows. Because of that post the threads (mainy the ones in Henson stitches) of the universe will now officialy unravel and we may all die. Careless words lose lives.
  12. ScrapsFlippy

ScrapsFlippy Member

If a Henson stitch falls in the woods, and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Somehow, it reminds me of a joke.

Descarte walks into a bar. The bartender says "Want a beer?"
    Descarte says "I think not."
    Poof.
    He disappears.

Wocka wocka wocka

-Scraps
  13. Beauregard

Hey, that reminds me of a saying:

If someone shoots a mime, does anyone care?
  14. ...A mime is a terrible thing to waste! :o
  15. Beauregard

Never underestimate the power of the mime.
  16. great mimes think alike..
  17. Beauregard

Some things just blow my mine.

Bea:zany:{Land mine, that is...}regard
  18. mime what you say. :crazy:
  19. Beauregard

Mime your manners, young man.
  20. hey, your the one making potty talk!