The Hoobs - Motorette Beanies

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
The motorettes (Warrick mis-spelled them in the header!) look very familar. I can't place them yet. I'm think Sam the Robot from Sesame Street? It's driving me nuts!
I'd hazard a guess you might be thinking of some mashed potato commercials from the 70's. They had aliens with the same kind of symbal type heads that spoke in Dalek type voices.

Other than that, yeah Sam the Machine is fairly similar too !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

I didnt say i could spell, I said about Beanies - LOL

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
I did see them, and they do look a little like mini-Sams. Man! I just wish they'd show Mopatops shop and Hoobs over here instead of those accursed Teletubbies. I mean, really! Those two shows look like fun! Too bad there's that PAL/NCTSV gap over here. I'd trade taped current episodes of Sesame for taped episodes of either. Of course, by the time they get there, it'd be that season.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Too bad there's that PAL/NCTSV gap over here. I'd trade taped current episodes of Sesame for taped episodes of either. Of course, by the time they get there, it'd be that season<<<

Oh I know...I love the Muppets BBC special, Mopatops episodes with Frackles, Droop, etc...Hoobs, etc...

Hopefully *someone* over int he UK will 1) find out how to convert to ntsc from PAL 2) figure out how to convert to vcd cdr

So endlessly lame how theres that PAL/ntsc thign with vhs

radionate

Reaction score
Um, if I'm not mistaken there are converters are there not?

Luke

Reaction score
Decent quality VHS converters are pretty expensive but VCD's shouldn't cause too much of a problem. A lot of this stuff is aired in Canada so i thought you guys can get it from there ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
No! I don't think you can get Canadian TV, unless you have cable, or live near the boarder. Heck! I'm having trouble getting BOSTON TV stations on my set (no cable) and I had a heck of a time taping Scooby Doo last weekend (the WB comes in really wavery).

But if I could get Canadian TV, and the two shows DID air there, I'd be watchin' them ever second I get the chance!

Now, If you could only order the beans on line!

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
No! I don't think you can get Canadian TV, unless you have cable, or live near the boarder.
...or if you live in Canada (like me). There are 30 million of us you know!

The Hoobs airs up here daily in most parts I believe. If you have satellite it is on a few different channels. I don't watch it myself, it's a little "kiddy" for me.

Mopatop's Shop used to be on (the episodes of that are only 8 minutes long, if you're interested) and I didn't watch much of it either.

The shows are REALLY well done. They're very charming and probably appeal to children a lot. It's the British accents that scare US programmers, I think!

Mark

beaker

Reaction score
>>>It's the British accents that scare US programmers, I think!
<<<

I always wondered that...is that why we dont see the Hoobs and Mopatops here? But we did get UK imports Thomas the Train WITH UK accents, Teletubbies, and of course Bob the builder(not sure if that was redubbed)

My question is, isnt UK programming using English? What's the problem then if it doesnt need to be dubbed in Enlgish?

Btw, Canada is ntsc right? Im sure quite a few American Muppet fans would love to see some of those Mopatops episodes(do you have any that have cameos from the Muppet Show?)

Luke

Reaction score
Thomas The Train was called 'Thomas The Tank Engine' over here. The have problems with airing UK shows because some regional UK accents are hard to understand.