The Hoobs - Quality Entertainment

Luke

Reaction score
I just wanted to mention 'The Hoobs' seeing as it seems to have been forgotten along the line. It's getting better, lots better - even though Groove's original puppeteer and voice left.

Today for example i was watching yet another quality episode (seeing as i live like a TV couch potato) and in just 30 minutes they had all the characters wearing tutu's, one character scoffing all the sweets in a sweetshop, and the most serious character dressed in leather and riding around on a motorbike like a Hells Angel. That and with all the 'in jokes' and looks from the puppets it's getting really good.

I guess they went from being good, to not so good, and now they have picked up again. I guess they are coming to the end of the 250 epsiode run so they don't care how much they stick to the script anymore.

Theres a few booklets and videos out as well as some other merchandise.

:rolleyes: :big_grin: :mad: :confused:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

LOL !

I take it not many people like it !

Im gonna have to watch some newer episodes, Whenever i see it i always cahnge the channel.

See ya

GuySmiley

Reaction score
I think its a shame that the Hoobs aren't very popular. The stories are always quite good and the concept of the show is a good one (i.e. gathering data for a Hoobapedia!) and it has some pretty good songs in it as well!

C'mon - you know you all sing along with the Motorettes!

Hoobletoodledo!

Luke

Reaction score
I think is gonna get a bit more popular - they have run a promotion to get a free limited edition video this week for free in 'The Sun', our largest tabloid newspaper - though you had to collect a few tokens each day.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Why arent hoobs on in america they look cute and all the earth monkeys would adore them. I DONT HAVE TO TAKE A NAP!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah, is Hoobs coming to the US anytime in the projected future?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's been extensively picked up by educational broadcasters and cable stations in Canada for this season so I'd be surprised if it isn't on one of the US channels as well this year.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck-Beaver
It's been extensively picked up by educational broadcasters and cable stations in Canada for this season so I'd be surprised if it isn't on one of the US channels as well this year.
Well, YTV and Treehouse aired Mopatop's Shop a couple of years back and I don't think it was ever picked up in the US, although I could be wrong.

I think British accents scare American children!

Mark

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MahnaMahna
I think British accents scare American children!
**** - i think i just fell off my chair with laughter - i think you're right. You yanks always make our kids sound like the ones out of 'Village Of The D*mned' though, like in that Simpsons episode.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
**** - i think i just fell off my chair with laughter - i think you're right. You yanks always make our kids sound like the ones out of 'Village Of The D*mned' though, like in that Simpsons episode.
First off, don't call me a Yank, I'm a proud Canadian and I'm comfortable with British accents. I'm just not the biggest fan of the Queen!

However, I am a little frightened by American accents. And they make fun of the way we talk? Doesn't make sense.

Mark