The Hoobs

HPDJ

Reaction score
Am I the only person who watches The Hoobs? I think it's great!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it myself cause that show's only aired in the UK. But there are nine characters from the show in my Muppet Listings.

Are there more than just the nine? If so, please LMK and we can talk further then.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I dont watch the show but like any Henson or puppet thing I'll watch it if its on, even if the target audience is quite young.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I've never been able to sit through a whole episode.

luvtosr

Reaction score
I haven't watched it for a while but I do love it, especially Groove, Roma and Hubba Hubba. It's on a little early for me at the mo' I wish they'd put it on later in the morning again.

Roma reminds me of Uncle Travelling Matt from Fraggle Rock a bit, only she seems to have a better grasp on things.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
I've never been able to sit through a whole episode.
I know what you mean. I'm not sure if its on the TV here at the moment but I dont think I have sat through a whole episode, I like the puppets but dont watch it for entertainment value. Plus its amusing to hear the puppets with British accents, not something im used to.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've never seen a single episode. But I might buy the up comming uk dvd release, just so I can say that I've seen at least one episode of that serie.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
I know what you mean. I'm not sure if its on the TV here at the moment but I dont think I have sat through a whole episode, I like the puppets but dont watch it for entertainment value. Plus its amusing to hear the puppets with British accents, not something im used to.
Yeah the only thing is they all have generic southern accents, it would be nice to see a northerner somewhere among them.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
Yeah the only thing is they all have generic southern accents, it would be nice to see a northerner somewhere among them.
Well you can't have everything! lol. I keep forgetting that theres many types of accents in certain ares of the Uk aswell as the US, here in Australia the general public just label any british or american accent either british or american, lol. We dont really have different accents in certain areas here. I have a slight British accent and im often asked when did I come out to Australia.