"The House That Henson Built" Article

mummytomb

Reaction score
I doubt it. There wasn't a lot of intense research in the article.
Note: Disney does not own the Henson company.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Anyone catch the part about the assumed plot for the new Muppet Movie? I wonder if that's what it's really going to be about.
:coy:
Considering two things... one, that the quote came from Segel himself, and two, that we've already seen that on that actual website when it was first published--then yeah, I'd say there's a good chance that that's what it'll be about. :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I doubt it. There wasn't a lot of intense research in the article.
Note: Disney does not own the Henson company.
The Mouse House may not own JHC, but it does own The Classic Muppets.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Mouse House may not own JHC, but it does own The Classic Muppets.
...He didn't say they didn't--nothing in his post should've even led you to believe he wasn't aware of that. If anything, it should show you that he DOES know that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Then why's he sayin' that Disney doesn't own The Jim Henson Company when:
1. They've been partners for years (and in a way, have owned each other since Jim's passing)
2. The article talks about The Classic Muppets that Disney does own

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Then why's he sayin' that Disney doesn't own The Jim Henson Company when:
1. They've been partners for years (and in a way, have owned each other since Jim's passing)
2. The article talks about The Classic Muppets that Disney does own
1. What does that have to do with Disney owning JHC (which they don't)? Just because they're partners does not mean Disney owns them. JHC still retains rights to Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and most of Henson's original, non-Muppet projects.
The Article said:
Like Henson Studios (now under the Disney umbrella)...
He was just pointing out that the article mistakenly said that Disney owned ALL of Henson Studios.

I really liked this article--a lot. Not nearly as good as the Fuzzy Renaissance article in the NY Times, but it's good to see that articles like this are even being written! Good things are a'comin'!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. These articles show that good things are definately on their way! GO MUPPETS!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This article just sounds like he is putting out wheat we already know with some inaccurate information. I honestly tried reading it but it was a snooze fest.