1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "How Are You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Barry Lee, Nov 8, 2006.

1. robodog

robodog Active Member

I used to be terrified of needles. If a doctor pulled a needle on me my fight or flight response would kick in and I'd run out of the room. But there came a point where I didn't have an option. I had to get a blood test and there was no way of avoiding it.
    I was given some kind of pill to take before I went in to get it that was supposed to calm me down. It didn't. I got there and the second I saw the needle I had a panic attack. They put me in a room so that I could calm down. I sat in there for awhile and finally decided that I had to do this. I really had no choice and I might as well get it over with. So I finally let them stick me.
    It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It turns out it isn't even really painful. It's more the idea that someone's sticking a needle in you and extracting blood that's bothersome rather than the pain. I still get nervous when faced with a needle but nowhere near the way I used to be. I can handle it fairly easily now.
  2. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

My dad and the doctor use to have to pin me down because I hated needles so much. I still don't relish them and I freak a little if someone pulls one out unexpectedly. But for the most part I can be unmoving when getting a shot. At one point I thought I was past the fear. Long story short I smelled the alcohol and all the anxiety came right back. I have to go in today. I'm not planning on a shot but I'm afriad someone might bring it up. If they do I'll probably just dodge it.
  3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Ear infection. Woo. ._.
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Owwwwooooo...been there, done that, HATED it!

Get it drained, and hope you feel better soon WhiteRabbit! :sympathy:

-------------------------
  5. WhiteRabbit

)= Fun times, yo. Thanks. -huggles newsieness-
  6. newsmanfan

-------------------------
    Eep!

*squirms out of huggles*

Er...I like you too...but please don't wrinkle the plaid! :news:

Hope the infection doesn't do any real harm and you get past it soon. The one that knocked out part of my hearing in one ear permanently was the summer I recall coming downstairs with my head turned completely sideways...because ONLY in that position could I keep my balance...yeesh.
    --------------------------
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Although I'm a little surprised by myself, I'm thinking about considering taking up a little "extra cirricular" project, and considering doing something I swore off years ago: a new webcomic, if only like a miniseries web comic... I'm not so sure I'll actually do it, but I guess I'll see how I feel about it later.
  8. newsmanfan

---------------------
    I am NEVER growing old. Never ever ever.

I'm going out for a drink. Anyone coming along?

----------------------------
  9. WhiteRabbit

It's one of those days where I keep laughing at everything.
    ...hur hur. xP
  10. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Me! Oh! Me! Choose me!
  11. newsmanfan

---------------
    Okay, but you have to buy your own, and we're calling a cab if we have more than two!

I'm half-stuck in an alternate reality today. Dreamt a real person was fictional, and we both knew it but I didn't want to acknowledge it at first. Very strange.
    -----------------------
  12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan! :insatiable:
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow that's pretty awesome actually! I love when dreams get all abstract like that, lol.
  14. WhiteRabbit

15. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Better, but blah-humbug!
  16. We Got Us

We Got Us Active Member

A little tired, a little confused, a little overwhelmed...a little dreamy, especially after Figgie's story chapter involving moi and a certain gofer >cough< yeah, that pretty much made the day worthwhile. :D
  17. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

I'm back on the forums, so I'm happy.;)
    How are you?
  18. newsmanfan

------------
    WB CvonC! (Didn't want to verbally confuse you with the other Count here...)

----------------
    Count von Count likes this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Great to meet you! Wait, where've you been all this time?
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I feel gross. I dont feel like total crap, but I'm tired and I feel bloated. Yay for being a girl -_-