1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "How Are You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Barry Lee, Nov 8, 2006.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

At work I have been helping to add new products to my employer's website, editing pictures, creating prices, things like that. My boss told me today that I didn't have to come in for the next two weeks because he was thinking about creating an entirely new website and he didn't want me working on things that might be obsolete in a month or so. Having a vacation will be fun, but I will miss out on one paycheck, which stinks. A mixed bag.
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Eh. Go hiking. Go swim in wherever it is you Yankees swim. It's only one paycheck, and they want you back, right? Offer to help with the new website design!

------------
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think they want me back, and I will definitely be willing to help out with the new website design. They have no clue what's going on and aren't entirely willing to learn, while I have no clue what's going on and am willing to learn. I think I'll spend those two weeks off writing and studying for the GRE.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I just got back from seeing Brave, and critics aside, I thought it was pretty good: I was expecting more of a How to Train Your Dragon rip-off, but this story was a lot different, and it was pretty original too, somewhat. Either way, I liked it, I'd recommend it.
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Pretty good! Okay, so I am supposed to sleep right now, but it is now the month of July, I have teeth surgery soon (ugh!), lots of rest, and going back to school next month. Big deal!
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Relieved. I finished my summer classes. Although I'm not going to be completely relaxed until I find out the damage.

For some reason I have the urge to read The Catcher in the Rye again :smirk:
  7. newsmanfan

Er...surrounded by phonies? Or a prof trying to put the make on you?
    -------------
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

for english we were reading all coming of age stories :p
  9. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Not good. My 80 year old grandma fell this morning, so everybody is really anxious. She didn't have to go to the hospital but I'll never forget all of that blood *shudder*
  10. newsmanfan

--------------
    Very weirded out. I don't allow stuff to get to me, pretty much EVER, much less entertainment...but I watched "Event Horizon" last night for the first time and it gave me a really weird dream this morning which now has me doing a lot of introspection. (If you like horror and sci-fi, it's a great film, well-acted; pretty gory but suspenseful. Has Laurence Fishburne, Sam Neill, and Jason Isaacs among other great actors.)

I don't blog, but felt like I needed to say something about it. Anyone who wants can take a look: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103068079030832171558/posts
    ----------------
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I don't have a facebook account but a friend of mine posted a link to my newer youtube video on his page. So my mom's page was up and I went to check it out to see if anyone said anything about it. In the explanation of the vid he made a mention that it was more for a younger audience (it was puppets). It wasn't too bad, I'm totally flattered that he even posted it. But it just got me down a little bit because I'm trying to avoid an exclusively kid-audience/mindset with my videos.
  12. newsmanfan

----------
    Sadly, that seems to be the catchall label for anything involving puppets. The Muppets, especially TMS, were never just for kids. Perhaps if you posted a description with your video uploads something like, "Family-friendly but not kid-exclusive"? *shrug* You figure out the wording, but let people know you're not aiming just at kids in some way so you don't get labeled, would be my suggestion...
    ---------
    Gonzo's Hobbit likes this.
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh thanks. I never thought of that. I will play around with that suggestion. Thanks. Maybe I'll put that in the channel description.
  14. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Seriously depressed at home, feeling the love at work. My brain hurts from the powerful emotional tug-of-war.
  15. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Just realized my birthday is in less than a month! Yay!
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Happy early birthday, Casey!
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Ha ha, thanks. :p Never to early to start thinking about parties! :laugh:
  18. newsmanfan

Hey, at least you have love in ONE locale...got me beat...
    -----------
  19. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I just added bacon and cilantro to a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Best idea ever. :insatiable:
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm looking back on my life of the past eight months, and I'm trying to figure out if anything has happened, like if I ended up walking under a ladder, or if I opened an umbrella indoors, or if I let a black cat cross my path, or if I broke a mirror, or I flipped my mattress on a Friday, or if I angered a gyspy, or whatever... I swear, this has NOT been my year, I'm seriously thinking I've either been cursed, or I've become a jinx, or something... one break, I can't catch one lousy break, it's really driving me crazy, I don't know what to do... almost everything I've touched lately results in disaster.

What is wrong with me?