1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 16th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
    The Muppets show how "the most unfriendly street in town" transformed into Sesame Street in this new, one-hour Christmas special.

4. Christmas Shopping
    Get great deals and go Christmas shopping for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

5. The Muppets Open Macy's Parade
    On Thanksgiving morning, the Muppets kicked off the 90th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Let us know your thoughts on this anticipated appearance.

The "How Are You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Barry Lee, Nov 8, 2006.

1. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Tired. It was the first day of the fall semester for me. Three classes in one day (though at least the first one was only 50 minutes long). To top it off, I had to pick my text books up from school, and there's a ton of them.

2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    I recommend a wheelbarrow...or an indentured servant.

Listless today. Down and don't feel like doing anything. Slept in and spent the afternoon watching Firefly. Trying to get motivated by some snappy writing to get back to my own.

------------

3. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

Excited! It's my first day of Junior year! Even more excellent news, I am in my favorite teacher from Freshman year's class again and I'm with a great teacher who I thought I'd never have. I'll tell all after school.

4. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Fine, thank you. And you?

(straight from my elem. school English textbook)

5. beatnikchick300

Hungry. Might need an early lunch as soon as the Taco Bell in the student union opens.

6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*wonders why Vincent randomly quoted his English texbook*

7. Vincent L

*wonders why Hubert wondered why I used my elem. school textbook*

8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*wonders why Vincent wondered why I wondered why he was using an elem. English textbooks, seeing that he missed the point of the question: I was wondering why he would actually quote and source a textbook when it really isn't an uncommon phrase...

9. Vincent L

Because it's a classic phrase. When we decide to joke about the textbook, we use either that phrase or "This is a book."

10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

A classic phrase?

*has no idea what Vincent was talking about*

11. Vincent L

In our textbooks, when someone says "how are you?", the only possible answer is "Fine, thank you. And you?"
    It is the same from elementary school to high school…

12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Er...the only possible answer? How weird...

13. Vincent L

That's why I made fun of it.

14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I understand now...it's just when you originally stated it, I thought that you were implying that you didn't think that phrase was correct or something... :p

I wonder what happens if you want to tell someone you're not doing well? Grit your teeth and say you're fine under your breath?

15. Vincent L

Maybe you just ignore the person? Sarcasm is not taught in the books

16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

What a sin.

newsmanfan likes this.
  17. Vincent L

So, how are you today?

18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Fine, thank you. And you?

19. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    Ay...muy mal, muy mal!

(That's actually what my grandfather ALWAYS used to say when asked how he was. My brother and I still do that to each other as a running gag.)

Though I can't say I'm good today (I'm NEVER good...but I am sometimes proficient!), at least I don't feel like getting drunk again.

At the moment. Status may change.
    --------------

20. beatnikchick300

Doing well. I actually did my reading for class and finished my French homework already! Joy! Although I am a bit tired...:sleep: