1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "How Are You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Barry Lee, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I understand now...it's just when you originally stated it, I thought that you were implying that you didn't think that phrase was correct or something... :p

I wonder what happens if you want to tell someone you're not doing well? Grit your teeth and say you're fine under your breath?
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Maybe you just ignore the person? Sarcasm is not taught in the books
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

What a sin.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

So, how are you today?
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Fine, thank you. And you?
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    Ay...muy mal, muy mal!

(That's actually what my grandfather ALWAYS used to say when asked how he was. My brother and I still do that to each other as a running gag.)

Though I can't say I'm good today (I'm NEVER good...but I am sometimes proficient!), at least I don't feel like getting drunk again.

At the moment. Status may change.
    --------------
  7. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Doing well. I actually did my reading for class and finished my French homework already! Joy! Although I am a bit tired...:sleep:
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Right then, so...my sister has been in Cambodia for the last six months and upon returning has decided that as of last weeek or so, she wanted to catch up on ALL the Doctor Who episodes that she has since missed, which is about a season and a half give or take. So now my brain has FINALLY reached the point where I have watched so many Doctor Whos that I feel the need to talk in a funny British accent very quickly with a few moments of loud slow talking that display an "aha moment" or point of realization or dramatic emphasis and flail my arms about while I explain things in a way that no one will understand.
    muppetfan24/7 and newsmanfan like this.
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------------
    Ack! Ack ack ack ack....

Rhonda: You spitting up a hairball or what? Do it over the toilet at least.

No...I just posted my finished painting. And am terrified. There's only one person I really hope likes it. I'll be crushed if he doesn't.

Rhonda: You're pathetic, you know.

I know.

-----------------
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It didn't make me smile, so I can't put it in that thread, but I just barely got a C on my chemistry test. I'm not happy, but I'm not sad. Its not failing. Its just...average. And all I need is a C in that class...
  11. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I'm okay. I'm off for 4 days because of the Jewish holiday, which is good, but I also bombed my science quiz, which is why I feel bad(this might be my last post ever once I tell my dad:grouchy:)
  12. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Well, thank you for asking! :3

I'm alright...long day at school, as usual. But nothing particularly eventful...however my Spanish teacher imitated Carly Rae Jepson, which was awesome! Especially funny since he's about 60 years old and pretty strict...and he was making fun of a pop star, which is always a plus! :p

jgidley: Oh nooo! That's unfortunate :( ...hope you can still get online and can make up your quiz somehow...best of luck, my friend! :)
  13. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I feel your pain, Sgt Floyd. Science is not my thing AT ALL:confused::eek:
  14. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I feel kinda sick. I hope it clears up because it's my birthday tomarrow.
    muppetfan24/7 and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  15. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I feel OK. It's just that I have homework and studying to do over the weekend.
  16. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Feel better, and happy almost birthday! :D
    mo likes this.
  17. mo

mo Well-Known Member

thank you!:)
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At first, I wasn't too thrilled about basically having no other choice but to temporarily switch to Firefox or Chrome or whatever since someone in Germany's breached/hacked IE... however, I AM pleased to see that Firefox has improved somewhat from what I've dealt with in the past: websites and web pages don't look nearly as wonky and sloppy as they did before, though there are still some minor quibbles with layouts and such... but oh well, hopefully they can get this security breach straightened out.
  19. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Better, now that I've had some coffee (I was really tired for some reason this morning). French class starts in about 14 minutes, so I should log off soon.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Feeling sad with a death in my family. I'll be at the funeral home all day tomorrow or today rather. So I won't be on MC much if at all today.