1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Apr 23, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Dang, I forgot to set back clock back last night... no wonder I was so tired when I got up this morning, I ended up getting up an hour earlier than I normally would. ><
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

We don't set the clocks back till Nov 3. :p
  3. D'Snowth

I don't let those government fatcats push me around or tell me what to do: we were supposed to set our clocks back the last Sunday of October before George WHAT Bush extended it for no reason (claiming that it would improve import/export businesses, even though it didn't), so yeah. I've already fallen back, and watching the rest of you sheep still follow Bush's idiocy. :p :p :p
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Can we not bring politics into the clocks. There's already enough political crap on tv as is. :p
  5. D'Snowth

*Shrug* Well, it IS Bush's fault DST was extended. I'm just saying...
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Good thing you don't have to be anywhere important otherwise you'd be an hour early for everything...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Umm...who thought we were suppose to turn the clocks back this weekend? :p
  8. Sgt Floyd

D'Snowth :confused:

I don't understand what you are trying to get at here...
  9. Pinkflower7783

*sighs* Once again my post backfires. I should've quoted D's post I guess. I was teasing him by saying "who thought we were suppose to turn the clocks back this weekend."
  10. Sgt Floyd

Oh...it was a ziffle then? :o
  11. Pinkflower7783

Yes pretty much. Lol I should've quoted him though but I was too lazy to do so. :p
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*waits for D'Snowth to be off time for some important negotiation meeting*
  13. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Guys, guys, guys. It's all about the candy. Candy lobbyist tried for years to get the DST changeover pushed back until after Halloween. More daylight hours earlier in eve, more little kids out trick-or-treating, more candy sold. Simple industry lobbying power.

I have no problem with it. I'll be glad when this sorry state gets back in line with the rest of the country instead of pretending to be on the Pacific Coast!
    -------------
  14. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Went to a math competition/test today, until I found out it's actually tomorrow…
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

At least you have another day to mentally prepare... :wisdom:
    Pinkflower7783 and charlietheowl like this.
  16. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Had a bit of a blonde moment when I told the bus driver to stop by a line of trees that led to my folks house. Then said to stop (and I quote) "by the tree. Erm, tree? Road!" The driver then asked me if I was okay.

I'm really not helping my stereotype. Least it made the driver chuckle. :o
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I've seen a floor in the student center through the window with a TV and I thought it was a lounge I haven't been in. I just now realized it's the dinning hall that I've visited every day....
  18. AlittleMayhem

I bought a stylus thinking it would be a great replacement for my tablet pen.

I was wrong...

Luckily, a friend of my mum's has offered to order some replacement nibs for my pen and I'm getting an iPad for Christmas anyway, so I guess I could let that one slide.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Tablet pens run on magnets. The nib is literally just a piece of plastic that controls the strength of the magnet through pressure. Seriously, if you hold the pen in a certain way with your finger covering the plastic, it will still work.

styluses run on something entirely different that mimics your body's electromagnetic currents or something like that. Not sure the exact science :p
  20. AlittleMayhem

Yeah, I think the plastic bit on my pen doesn't work. It used to click, but now it's just limp...