The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Newspaper prices are going up now.

Not that I actually read the paper, but gee whiz, it's true, NOTHING is sacred from price jacking!
Well it's gone up because of competition from 24 hour news networks and the Internet.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Next thing you know, I'm probably going to find one of those things in MY ROOM!

Oh yeah, so when this thing bites Sarge, she's filled with poisonous venom, and she only has days to live, she won't have anything to fear but fear itself.
According to the most reliable source on the internet *note sarcasm* according to Wikipedia, these things are usually not lethal, but will cause intense pain and swelling of bitten area.
but of course with my allergy to bees and fire ants, who knows if I am allergic to them

But I dont have to worry about that, my dad killed it :stick_out_tongue:

So anyways, I saw a commercial for DC with the school house rock song about the number 8 playing in the background. That was weird...it kinda makes me ashamed to be wearing DC shoes *covers eyes with hand*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
meh...its not so much the song, its how poorly made the commercial was. It was people on bikes doing flips XD

P.s. I like Telegraph Line, The Shot Heard Round the World, and Conjunction Junction :big_grin:

I have The Best of SHR on tape.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know, I USED to have an original History Rock tape in its box too. But It was in the box of tapes that got lost in our move. That made me mad...

It was the one in a bluish box with a picture of I think Ben Franklin on it with a document of some kind...I think

and the actual tape had some lady and a bunch of kids hosting it

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
And competition never hurt anybody...XD
Of course it does. It hurt their bottom line. But that are doing something about it... Raising their prices to make up the lost. Otherwise that might be out of business.