1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

*cough cough cough*

[​IMG]

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, I was being faceteous again.

3. LittleJerry92

Oh..... Whoops.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

This is not a joke- apparently Captain Planet was recently on OK KO???:

muppetgem likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

Not really weird, but did find to be a bit odd.

Last 2 weeks Sesame Workshop didn't upload any TBT clips.... And today went back to normal.

Odd..... Very odd.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I just got this email from AOL.

Dear AIM user,

We see that you've used AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) in the past, so we wanted to let you know that AIM will be discontinued and will no longer work as of December 15, 2017.

Before December 15, you can continue to use the service. After December 15, you will no longer have access to AIM and your data will be deleted. If you use an @aim.com email address, your email account will not be affected and you will still be able to send and receive email as usual.

We've loved working on AIM for you. From setting the perfect away message to that familiar ring of an incoming chat, AIM will always have a special place in our hearts. As we move forward, all of us at AOL (now Oath) are excited to continue building the next generation of iconic brands and life-changing products for users around the world.

You can visit our FAQ to learn more. Thank you for being an AIM user.

Sincerely,
    The AOL Instant Messenger team

I don't understand. Why is AIM being discontinued so soon?

7. LittleJerry92

Well, let me ask you this. When was the last time ANYBODY has used it?

D'Snowth likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

Yeah, I haven't had a chat with anybody on Y!M in . . . gosh, I don't know . . . five, maybe six years?

I mean I do miss it, I really do, it was a lot of fun back in the day, but in this day and age of Facebook and social media, IMing is almost pretty much useless. Not to mention it's easier to chat with someone on Facebook at any given time since people are on Facebook almost all hours of the day and night, as opposed to just sitting around and waiting for someone else to login to Y!M or AIM, or MSN, or whatever other IM service you had.

Still, though, I mean I do miss the interaction of IM. Heck, @Colbynfriends and I spent many a Saturday night om Y!M goofing off on the doodling pad, or playing checkers, or anything like that. At least Facebook Messenger recently added the option to change the display colors for the chat widget . . . that's something.

9. MikaelaMuppet

*shrugs* No idea.

10. D'Snowth

A heavyset girl kept staring at me in a restaurant this evening.

11. D'Snowth

You remember that episode of SEINFELD where Elaine's nemesis is walking around town wearing a bra like it's a top? Well, I saw that very thing today while I was out today. However, the biggest difference was unlike being a statuesque stunner like Elaine's enemy, this lady was a short, flabby, trailer trash momma.

12. LittleJerry92

Anne Frank x Goku in animated form.

Instantly do I regret watching this....

13. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I was at Hallmark this afternoon looking at Christmas ornaments (I know, I know, but I like getting them early) and I saw a My Little Pony ornament . . . . . BASED ON THE G1 MLP! OMG HOW WEIRD IS THAT?!

(I'm kidding, of course, but this is coming from a G1 MLP lover who is sick and tired of G1 MLP bashing, and every time I see something that relates to G1, I'm shocked)

14. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I... I literally have nothing to say about this.

15. MikaelaMuppet

Uh... same here.

muppetgem likes this.