The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Could be... though we live in more modern condo, but still, yeah.

And I know exactly what you mean... a few years ago, we were living in an old apartment, and the entire complex had bug problems... I can't begin to tell you how many katydids got into the house during the summer, and one night (and there may even be a post about it SOMEWHERE from years past), I was literally up all night long catching crickets in my bedroom (people would be surprised how LOUD those things really are in closed areas).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Could be... though we live in more modern condo, but still, yeah.

And I know exactly what you mean... a few years ago, we were living in an old apartment, and the entire complex had bug problems... I can't begin to tell you how many katydids got into the house during the summer, and one night (and there may even be a post about it SOMEWHERE from years past), I was literally up all night long catching crickets in my bedroom (people would be surprised how LOUD those things really are in closed areas).
Omg! That's all we used to kill in the winter was crickets!!! Everytime we went into the bathroom there might be two or three in the tub. I knew they were coming in from outside but it still made me feel like I wasn't keeping the place clean enough or something. It would bring them out even more so when it rained.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Likewise, in our last apartment, from time to time, there'd be a guest waiting in the shower, namely a katydid, which I believe they were probably coming in through the plumbing somehow; the first apartment, they'd be anywhere in the house, but the second one, they were mostly confined to the bathroom.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
We had this really weird spider it was like black with yellow vein's through it it was really creepy looking. Thank god it was outside but I had never seen anything like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had to deal with a few crab spiders back in the fall.

You know what the irony is? Spiders don't bother or annoy me nearly as much as almost all insects do, and I know that in many cases, spiders are a lot more harmful than insects are, so I really don't get it.

Now, grand-daddy longlegs on the other hand, those things are my mortal fear. That stems from my first encounter with one when I was four years old or so, and saw one on the wall of our garage... I know people say I'm probably exaggerating a little because I was a little kid at the time and stuff seems "bigger", but I swear, this thing's body was about the size of a quarter of half-dollar, and it's legs stretched out pretty much over the entire wall... freaked... me... OUT! Do this day, I get really nervous whenever I see a daddy longlegs. Didn't help either one day in school I felt something "tickle" my arm, and when I looked, a daddy longlegs was crawling on me and I freaked out... in front of other kids... one of whom even said, "Joseph, you REALLY need to grow up".

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I hate bugs of all kind! Well I shouldn't say that because I love ladybugs and lightning bugs but the ones that are just creepy crawlies just freaks the daylights out of me. I have a huge fear of bees though I was stung by one on my hand right between my fingers when I was a kid and ever since then if I see a bee I high tail it out of there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh gee, sorry Casey. ><

But yeah Pinky, I'm with you, I hate bugs too... I really don't know what purpose they serve on this planet, other than to annoy us. Yeah, I know bees are good for pollination and such, but other than that, what exactly do they contribute to the planet? They destroy crops, among other things, then the spiders have to come in and eat them all...