The Infamous Rubber Chicken...

Jessie

Reaction score
Luggage

King John says that in the animated Robin Hood movie and I always thought it was silly...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really stinks that your chicken has rotted away. It reminds me of my chicken. I had one when I was a little boy, cause of Fozzie Bear (it was a christmas present). I loved that thing SOOOOO nuch. Eventually it got a hole or cut in it for some reason and I put a bandaid on it! It was lost in storage for years after. And I couldn't agree with you more. 10 bucks?!?!?!? And they only have gag talking ones and ..ehem "adult" ones. The only others I could find are small keychains or come with lolipops (ideed I have both) but it's not the same. It is a tragidy, since the Chicken is the highest relgious article to the comedian. More important than a woopie cushion. Far greater than the dribble glass. Even the Groucho Marx nose and Glasses cannot measure up to the Rubber Chicken.

radionate

Reaction score
Where is FOZZI3B3AR/Kevin? He's been MIA for awhile on the board. I might have to drive up to Memphis to search for him. (That could be the premise of the next Muppet Road Trip Movie, The Search for Fozzie)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA NATE!!

Glad to see I'm missed!! :smile:

I've been moving quite a LOT of my stuff...all alone. Did a lot in my car, but finally got my mom's van. I'm dying. I'm dying a slow, slow death moving this junk by myself.

I dug up my rubber chicken; i can't leave it buried where it was buried at my friend's house, and I won't bury it here. So, I just washed it off instead. I have to keep my chicken. I can't bear to lose it.

Anyhow, there's this fun shop around the corner on Highland near Southern and I'm going there Saturday (if i get time) to see if they have old-fashioned Rubber Chickens!

I hope, i hope, i hope...
FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
I dug up my rubber chicken; i can't leave it buried where it was buried at my friend's house, and I won't bury it here. So, I just washed it off instead. I have to keep my chicken. I can't bear to lose it.
You have my sympathy on moving. I had to move my stuff alone last year (all my friends were all moving on the same weekend, and nobody could help the other). So I feel your pain.

And also.......

You are one sick puppy! But, if you need a brain I have one from some guy named Abby......

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Fozzie,

Don't worry. Normal rubber chickens aren't as rare as you think. Or as expensive. I just picked up two catalogs on my desk. And both contain rubber chickens.

First, U.S. Toy Company sells them for $6.50 a piece. It's a softer chicken and not quite as traditional looking. But they have a website at www.ustoy.com

Second, a better looking chicken (IMHO) from S & S Recreation. They have chickens, pigs, and fish for $4.88 a piece. You can get two normal chickens for the price of one stupid talking one! :smile: They have a website at www.ssww.com or a toll free number at 1-800-243-9232. It appears they've developed some games for using rubber chickens. Worth looking into.

There may be other deals out there as well, I literally just picked up two catalogs at my desk and looked in the index.

Hope this makes you feel better
Markus

Foreignman

Reaction score
:frown: Fozzie, I'm so sorry, if there's anything I can do for you in this time of mourning, please, just ask. Your search for a new rubber chicken (not a replacement, for we can never replace the old one) has gotten me thinking, I think we should all go into the rubber chicken manufaturing business, that's where the real money's at. We would make only quality rubber chickens, out of the finest rubber materials. And you know how much we would charge for them, $3.00, just like in the olden days. Who wants to go into business with me?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
CaptCrouton!

Thanks for the info man!! I'll be sure to keep myself in the know about that info as soon as I get thru moving in to order.

(BTW, I actually prefer bacon bits...sometimes, croutons are too hard...)(well, then again, actually, i don't use either. hmm.)

Foreignman--Thanks for the sympathy man. I'm all for the rubber animal business. Heck, look what they've done with animal crackers.

Animal crackers are not very good in soups, tho.

Radionate--yes, I'll borrow that brain. ASAP please. The current one I have is going into over load.

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
FOZZI3,

Sigh, you don't really want the brain. If you were up on Mel Brooks movies, you'd realize that its an Abnormal Brain (Abby something......get it?):rolleyes:

Foreignman

Reaction score
I got the joke Nate, I got the joke, do I get a prize?!? I love Mel Brooks movies, can't wait to see The Producers on Broadway, even if it's not with Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick like it used to be.