1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The International Muppet Show

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Feb 3, 2003.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Alex and Danny,

Orange/Brown - Confirmed, Jerry done this at ATV Studios.

Pink/Black - Confirmed, Jerry done this at TOTP Studios.

Is it possible that someone else performed Robin for the Blue/Purple version ?

Look at Robin in the pic, It looks like a smaller hand is inside him, Also look at the detail on the carpet.
    There seems to be more detail on the Blue/Purple version, And not so much on the Orange/Brown.

I think this might be the case.

:crazy:
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think that Sweetums' mouth was spring loaded at times. Like when Richard would run in the screen test, it looked like the mouth just kind of bobbed up and down. When he needed to talk he would just move his head back and forth thus shaking the mouth and moving it. Of course when he wasn't moving around that much the mouth was probably hand opporated.
  3. Don Music

Don Music New Member

i think Wiggy's right. Seems like all of the full-body characters have those springy mouths, and when there is obviously a hand operating the mouth one of their arms is just dangling. I watched the Ruth Buzzy episode recently & watched Sweetums go back & forth from working mouth to working arm. The eyes are still a mystery to me though... both eyes move & both eyelids go up & down separately.

Hey Twiddlebug - This is totally off all of the subjects, but since you're here... I've seen posts inquiring about you being in a band & wondered what the scoop was. Is this true? Do you tour? Are there recordings we can get our grubby little hands on? I'd love to hear what you're doing.

-Eric
  4. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I think the eyes controls are in the lower jaw of the puppets. This would make the most sense. This way, They could move the mouth and the eys at the same time. This of course is just a guess. :concern:
  5. Twiddlebug

Twiddlebug Guest

Sweetums eyes. Nice guessing but they were done by remote control. This was not always the case...In The Frog Prince you may notice that Sweetums eyes glow. I know this because I performed him in the epic (though not the voice. That was done by a Canadian actor.I don't remember his name) and at some point we were taking a break and I just sat down on the set (dungeon) with the head on and someone forgot to turn off the lights. (That's probably why they call me a hot head) The eyes, because of the heat melted and had to be replaced but if memory serves they didn't have time to rewire the eyes, so no more glow.

Since I am unable to see this mysterious third tape I can offer no further assistance except to say, There were two or three Robins and that third tape may be one that was done earlier on that same day.
    I'm quite sure no one else did that bit. If there is another Fest you can bring the tape and put it on the screen for everyone to take a guess. :sing:
  6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Jerry

I thought there are remote control - who usually performs the eye's ? :)

Have you heard anything of a second fest ? - as I couldn't go to the first one :cry:

See ya

MuppetDanny
  7. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Thanks, Jerry. His name was Carl Banas, right? :crazy:
  8. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Ok I think I missed something. Twiddlebug's name is Jerry and he performed Sweetums in a muppet production, is he Jerry Nelson?:sing:
  9. BlueFrackle

Guys,

I hope there is another MuppetFest, This time i AM going !

No ifs or buts !

:D :cool: :sing: :flirt: :halo:
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Is Jerry Nelson on this board? That's interesting. I'm also wondering if "Mr Oz," is Frank Oz? I don't think so, because he'd probably have an avatar of Miss Piggy or Fozzie rather than Gonzo, but I have been wondering about that.
  11. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

If they want to say who they are, they will...if they don't want to, they won't. OK?
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Well I'm just wondering since Twiddlebug's name is Jerry and he worked Sweetums in an early muppet production, is he Jerry Nelson or just some guy named Jerry. I think if it is Jerry Nelson he's pretty much decided to say who he is. :rolleyes:
  13. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Sorry, I hadn't read the earlier pages in this thread when I posted it, and I got the wrong idea...I thought you were just asking that out of the blue, and I understand that I'm wrong. Read the earlier pages, WiGgY, your questions will be answered.
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Actually while 'Twiddlebug' has mentioned Sweetums, he still signs off his posts with 'Twiddlebug' rather than any other name so i think thats the most respectful way to address him, rather than just assuming things and creating mass hysteria. Get my drift guys ?

:attitude:
  15. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Agreed, Luke. I know of the horror stories from Delphi, and I don't want such a thing to be repeated...

I just think it's neat to have a Muppeteer here, no matter who he is...:)
  16. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Get your drift?

Penguin pic?

Ahahaha...

Who says you aren't funny? WHO?!

:D
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well i have to admit my fanmail isn't what it used to be back when i was doing Monica Lewinsky jokes on the forum. I don't even get complaints or 'hate mail' nowdays. All i've had recently is an email newsletter for some concrete layers club and an offer of a free DVD player if i buy life insurance !

:smirk:
  18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Re: Reply

nope that's my little brother wreaking havoc!

Sarah
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

:eek: that must've been a little embarassing!

Sarah

those eyes must've been on quite a while!
  20. BlueFrackle

Guys,

There is a question, That im really curious about !

Today i watched Sesame Street and i saw a sketch with 'Fat Blue' in the Birdland club, After Grover served him a 'shaken not stirred' Milkshake The Squirrel Nut Zippers performed 'Put A Lid On It'.

Everytime they sang a word they put that object on his head...

Put a yam on it
    What's that you say?
    FB: No!
    Put a clam on it
    Oh man, no way
    Put a lamb down on it, and everything will be all right.
    Put a wig on it
    No not tonight
    Put a fig on it
    That cant be right
    Put a pig down on it
    Oh no, Thats quite a sight

When i come here with my friend Fred, You always put things on his head !

When we start we just cant stop

But you never put the right thing up on top !

Put a squid on it
    You must be nuts
    Put a kid on it
    Oh, hold your bucks
    Put a lid on it, And everything will be alright
    FB: Cut that out !
    Put a bat on it
    You cant do that
    Put a welcome mat on it
    Why not a hat ?

Put a hat down on it, And everything will be all right.
    FB: Thank You

They refer to 'Fat Blue' in this song as Fred, In the book Sesame Street Unpaved he is refered to as 'Fat Blue' and i have heard that he is has also been called 'Mr. Johnson'.

Can you tell us what his name is please ?

Im off to Charlie's for a Number 2 special...