The International Muppet Trade Group - Membership Sign Up

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I've come to find that, though many people come on asking for episodes of shows, there are only a few Muppet fans on the board who can honestly call themselves video trading fanatics. I have also found that that select few is not in very good contact, as I can only name one person from the board that I know of, which would be my very good friend G-Man (Boober Gorg). So, I propose a sort of guild, where the people who have material to trade and are willing to do so can tighten the knitting of the community, and thus do more trading (eventually leading to happiness for all).

So, those who are definite traders, who are willing to trade freely and spread the Muppet love without being overbearing, please post here. I don't know exactly how I think the ultimate group should be worked, but when we get all the members together we can figure out those details.

(Also, please people; don't muffin this thread. I want to keep an accurate tab on who wishes to join the group, and fluff posts will not be helpful in that task. Thanks.)

-Matt

Ryan

Reaction score
Terrific Idea Matt. I'll be posting the new stuff I recently got later. My page will no longer be updated, due to issues with Trellix.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Thanks for the sentiments, Matt. I appreciate it. :smile:

My ability to trade tapes depends on the amount of free time I have, which is usually determined by the number of classes I'm taking. But to get the general idea of what I'm hunting for, here are some things I could use:

Sesame Street Unpaved #2096 (a replacement for my current copy)
Sesame Street Unpaved #2293
Sesame Street episodes taped from PBS ... before 1994
Little Muppet Monsters episodes
Puppetman
Sam and Friends episodes
1950s and 1960s Muppet commercials
Rowlf on the Jimmy Dean Show (full episodes, or just clips – whatever exists)
Youth '68
The Cube
Travelling Matt presenting Children's ITV
any TV appearances with Fraggle Rock characters (i.e., Cotterpin Doozer on the Today Show)
Mopatop's Shop episodes
Hoobs episodes
Fraggle Rock HBO preview interstitial(s) that aired before the show itself debuted (see Phillip's first post in said thread)
any of Jim's appearances on British TV

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ry - Jeeze, I can't believe I forgot to site you as a trader I know (check the time I posted to figure out why, lol). And yeah, another good thing this group will do is enable us to get our lists out in the open, as not everyone has an established online trade list.

G-Man - Not at all good buddy. I'll still never forget the lovely card I received on my birthday from ya. :smile: Do me a favor and hold off on any massive lists in this thread though, as I just want to get a feel for the people who wish to be part of the group. When everything is established, lists will be a'flyin'. :big_grin:

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I suppose casual traders could be included, but on the condition that you must be willing to trade at some point. I don't see any point in having people in the group that are just going to be bystanders, especially if they claim to have material that others want. (Not saying you Scoot, I'm just speaking in general).

-Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I meant it something like that.

I consider myself a Casual Trader because, while I do enjoy trading, I can't always do it for various reasons (as many of you do as well). I've actually had only one completed trade so far, and several in the works. Just gotta those finished...:embarrassed:

I meant Casual Traders in the sense that they do trade ocassionally, though maybe not as consistantly as some here.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Cactus Rock

I think your idea is a very good one and would be happy to be included. I am virtually trading non-stop. I have a lot of stuff to offer and am currently looking for stuff too. I think we have traded in the past.

Speak soon

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Do me a favor and hold off on any massive lists in this thread though, as I just want to get a feel for the people who wish to be part of the group. When everything is established, lists will be a'flyin'. :big_grin:
Oh, sure. At least I didn't post my ENTIRE inventory! :wink::eek: