The Jerry Nelson B-Day Song.

Jay Thomas

Reaction score
Hello All,

Anybody ever hear this song? All the Muppeteers got together and recorded a B-Day song for Jerry Nelson awhile back. They sang it in all the Muppets voices. :smile:

I used to have it on a cassette tape, but it got smashes by accident in my dresser. It was given to me by some puppeteer whom I cannot remember the name of. I do however remember alot of the lyrics in it so here it goes...

"Its Jerry Nelson's Birthday.
It got here awfully quick.
So we composed this tribute
Though we know it aint' real slick.

We simply want to tell him.
With out alot of fuss.
That he is very special and he means the world to us."

The start of it was great because it was recorded as if all the muppets were arriving in the studio getting ready to sing. How I wish I still had it or even remember who sang what verse :frown:

I do remeber a part where Bert and Fozzie were talking and one goes "Heeey! you sound just like me!" then the other says "No you sound just like me! Wocka, Wocka!" Somethin like that.

It featured everyone from Big Bird to Red Fraggle, FLANGE DOOZER EVEN! I member the Doozers saying something about not wanting to be stepped on.

It was a great song. Any Muppeteers out there whom may be reading this and wanna chime in with anymore verses or atleast back me up on this so others know its a real song? lol :stick_out_tongue:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
ok, you smashed it? like the out side? Do you still have it?! :excited: cuz I can fix that. I fix them alot (and have had to alot) do you still have it? at least the tape? I would loveto fix it for you, free of charge (just hearing it would be good enough) :excited:

Jay Thomas

Reaction score
Unfortunatley after it was smashed the roll of tape was unraveled and i just threw it away. :frown:

I'm thinking of trying to contact the man who gave it to me and ask for another. I still have the fedex envelope it came in with his address.

The tape also had Jerry Nelson songs on it, with instrumental versions of some Fraggle Rock music (including the theme).

zns

Reaction score
Hey Jay Thomas. Did you ever get a second copy of the song? If so, could you put up a link for all of us in the forum to listen to it? Thanks.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
That is like an awesome little song right tharr

zns

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson is actually here on the forum now, so he might still have a copy of it. If it is possible for him, maybe he can upload it for us, although we probably should not pester him too much about it. Let's hope it resurfaces on here again soon. :sing::batty::smirk: