The JHLC

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For a few years we here at Muppet Central have had a thread RHLC (Richard Hunt Lovers club) This thread is dedicated to one of the greatest Muppeters, and has a huge fan following.
Today marks Jim Henson's Birthday, and I though it only be right that we had a Jim Henson lovers club. Jim has done so much for me in my life that I truly think he is my only hero I have had my whole life. Without Jim we would not have such great shows as The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fragle Rock, and because of these shows I'm somewhat a better person.
So happy Birthday Jim! We miss you more and more as time passes. I hope that this little monument to you and your work helps bring some of what you mean to others back.
Thanks Jim for all you did for us!

Dwayne

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say welcome to the JHLC, on behalf of the RHLC. :smile: :wink:

This is a good idea, Dwayne - I can't believe someone didn't suggest it sooner.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ya know i know and im suprised that it has not chaught on sooner!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here is a quote from the Muppets Studios facebook feed. I feel this says it all.

"As Jim Henson’s birthday comes to a close, we remember that his genius, his creativity, his creations and most of all his “ridiculous optimism” will live with us forever."

This is also from there feed:

"Happy Birthday to Jim Henson, born this day in 1936. His wish was to make a difference in the world and leave it better for having been here. His wish came true."

These two statements say it all so wonderfully,and I'm glad that the Muppets paid tribute to there founding father. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
JHLC, i too am rather surprised this wasn't up sooner. Jim Henson has always been an aspect in my life. I remember being a kid and every christmas watching A Muppets Family Christmas and never leaving till the end when Jim appeared, and my sister, my cousins and i would wave and wish him a merry christmas lol. even to this day it doesn't feel like christmas without watching that special. Richard said at Jim's funeral 'Henson's Muppets spoke to the part of kids that was grown up, and the part of grown ups, that was childlike' and it's so true. no matter how sad i am, any Henson creation can make me feel better. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
JHLC, i too am rather surprised this wasn't up sooner. Jim Henson has always been an aspect in my life. I remember being a kid and every christmas watching A Muppets Family Christmas and never leaving till the end when Jim appeared, and my sister, my cousins and i would wave and wish him a merry christmas lol. even to this day it doesn't feel like christmas without watching that special. Richard said at Jim's funeral 'Henson's Muppets spoke to the part of kids that was grown up, and the part of grown ups, that was childlike' and it's so true. no matter how sad i am, any Henson creation can make me feel better. :smile:
How very true! I also would love seeing Jim interact with the Muppets.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Jim voiced a lot of great characters. Hard to believe it's been almost 21 years since his passing. I remember the day he died, I was in 5th grade and it was 8 days before my 11th birthday. It was a sad day at school, many of my classmates were also Muppet fans. I kept wondering what would happen to Kermit and Ernie.

Fortunately, Kermit and Ernie, along with other characters by Jim, were recast and able to move on to new adventures with the Muppets and Sesame Street.

A thought just occurred to me, in my opinion, if Jim was still living, I think he would still be running Henson Company, puppeteering on the Muppet projects, but have Steve performing his Sesame Street characters instead.

This thread should be stickied.
:smile::stick_out_tongue::sleep:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I was wondering why there was no JHLC, but I guess there always was!

Jim was an extraordinary man. The reason I fell back into my love of Muppets is because I became increasingly fascinated at the end of last year with him. He was such a great guy, every interview I've found he always just seems so sweet and enthusiastic. He died two months before I was born, and it tears me apart inside to know that I never got to be in this world while he was still in it. He has changed the lives of so many people, and for that, we are eternally grateful to him.

:smile::sympathy::big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Jim Henson was definitely one of those TV father figures growing up. Everyone my age knew who he was, which is pretty unusual for children's programming (the exception being Walt Disney). I love the fact that he trusted kids to understand and learn about the work that went into the Muppets, rather than keeping it all a fantasy. Part of the reason I love documentaries so much to this day is because I remember seeing Henson's Place and other Muppet documentaries as a kid.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was wondering why there was no JHLC, but I guess there always was!

Jim was an extraordinary man. The reason I fell back into my love of Muppets is because I became increasingly fascinated at the end of last year with him. He was such a great guy, every interview I've found he always just seems so sweet and enthusiastic. He died two months before I was born, and it tears me apart inside to know that I never got to be in this world while he was still in it. He has changed the lives of so many people, and for that, we are eternally grateful to him.

:smile::sympathy::big_grin:
Yea this thread has been here for a few months, but it never really caught on like the wonderful RHLC. It looks though that it is startiing to get some buzz which is good.