1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Jim Lewis Interview

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by dwayne1115, Jan 27, 2007.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok everyone i have been very busy in the last few days, doing somthing for all you Muppet fans. I have been talking through e - mails to Muppet writer Jim Lewis, who has been posting a little on here. We started talking becsse he wants to start a "ask Jim" thread but didnt know how to go about doing all of it. So i asked him if he wanted some help with it, and he gladly said yes. I wanted it to be like the Terry Angus thread and have an interview of jim so he would not really have to repeat himself with a whole lot of qustions.I have finished the interview and sent it to him. He will send it back soon with the answer so be on the look out.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

AWESOME Dwayne!! This is so exciting!! Thank you!! :excited: I can't wait!
  3. dwayne1115

oh i almost forgot if you want to see the qustions that i sent him just give me your e mail and ill send you a sample of them. im not going to send the whole thing cause i want it to be a suprise.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Good for you for taking the initiative! Can't wait to see it. :)
  6. dwayne1115

ok well im not going to send anyone an e mial ill just say i did ask him about the contervesial Scooter dancing in a cage in AVMMX
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting. I'll be excited to see an interview with Jim Lewis, as he is one of my heroes, however I'm not so sure that we need to address him on specific so-called 'controversial' issues.

I, for one, would rather hear him answer questions about the people he's met, the ideas he's had, his writing inspirations, etc than make him feel we are lambasting him with issues. I'm sure you wouldn't be meaning it that way, but you need to be sure that the interview doesn't come across negatively.
  8. dwayne1115

iQ. The scene where Scooter is dancing in the cage has caused quite a bit of buzz on the fan web sites about it being too much. When writing and filming that scene, did anyone think it was too much?

This is how i worded and sent the qustion and from how he sounded the last time he worte me he was really happy with all qustions
  9. Beauregard

Hey Dwayne, sorry for thinking it would be a problem. You worded it perfectly. You know me, I'm just over-protective. :p!
  10. dwayne1115

well thanks Beau, that means a lot i really worked hard to make sure the qustions where all good. I myself cant wait to see the answers, im very exited.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

You're right, I'd like to see mostly that kind of thing as well. I don't like reading gossip. However, interviews shouldn't just be white washes. I personally would like to know what people thought of that controversial scene as well. And yeah the question was worded perfectly. :)
  12. dwayne1115

well i got the interview back and sent it in to Muppet central articals so hopfuly it will be up soon. As soon as it is up i will go ahead and start the "ask Jim" Thread. I read the whole interwview and loved it. I learned somthing about myself doing this, i want to thank Jim on here for the great expricance he has already giving me.
  13. Beauregard

That's GREAT Dwayne! Can we get just a sneak peak? Like, one question or something? :halo:
  14. dwayne1115

nope you may hate me but no. It will be up soon if it isn't then when i start the other thread then i will post it on there or another thread all together.

btw Beau that is the second time today as soon as i post something you post right after me within a few short minutes. Good job!!!
  15. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't wait to read it! Jim came across as such a lovely person when we talked to him before, I'm sure interviewing him was a terrific experience for both of you!
    :) Also, Heralde's right. Congradulations for taking the initiative. I don't think I for one would have done it.
  16. dwayne1115

Well thanks for the kind words this really just fell into my lap i'm just as exited as yall.
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Good for you Dwayne! Can't wait to read it!
  18. dwayne1115

i really hope i sent it to the right thing.i went to articles and sent it there they didnt have an intervew place though.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

There is an interview section in articles.
  20. Beauregard

You might want to try PMing Philip Chapman and/or Fozzie Bear (kevin). Because I don't know if the article submitting form still works these days. Try contacting a mod.