The Kermit and Miss Piggy appreciation thread

Rachel

Reaction score
Surely I am not the only Muppet fan who enjoys watching Kermit and Piggy and their, um, relationship?

It's always been one of my favourite aspects of the Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, and the Muppet Movies, and I'm sure I can't be the only one who loves these two together.

So I thought I'd start this thread deciated to all things Kermit and Piggy where we can talk about them. :smile:

Anyone want to get the ball rolling with a conversation?

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well suffice is to say no invented character duo could pull this off better than the frog and the pig. Imagine Mickey and Minnie, or Ash Ketchum and Misty, or Archie, Betty and Veronica, or Nic and Lisa-Marie........

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmmm. Not too many posts here. I think the two of them are one of the best Muppet couples. I especially like the love songs they sang in the movies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have always loved watching them, Miss Piggy's never swaying love of her frog, and his constant jealousy if her attention went elsewhere but refusing to accept her attention.

I was unnerved when they said Kermit would initiate the kiss in the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie until I saw it was just a happy moment for Kermit and his jubilous excitement caused him to rush in and do that. Heck, if Rowlf had been standing right there, Kermit might have kissed him, too!!

Certainly, it's one of the best soap operas on TV.

FOZ

murgatoad

Reaction score
It's the only truly adult theme of the entire franchise. Far more likeable than that Kermit-coming-onto-human-females cr*p Henson's tried to pull of late...pretty embarrassing and just plain dumb IMO. Best leave that junk to "Greg The (cancelled) Bunny"...

As for the kiss, I didn't see it, but it's highly overdue. At least it helps debunk all those jokes about why Kermit doesn't have to wear pants... :wink:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I was unnerved when they said Kermit would initiate the kiss in the Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie until I saw it was just a happy moment for Kermit and his jubilous excitement caused him to rush in and do that. Heck, if Rowlf had been standing right there, Kermit might have kissed him, too!!

FOZ
I'll bet he would have at that. And I don't mean that as a compliment. :wink:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Hmmm. Not too many posts here. I think the two of them are one of the best Muppet couples. I especially like the love songs they sang in the movies.
There are probably not too many posts on this subject because many here can't get over scraps of material jumping up and down and emitting funny noises. That's the attraction of the Muppets for them. Whereas most of the *general* public could not care less about such stuff. What *it* cares about are these things: can I relate to the character? the story? the situation? These things matter whether or not the medium that portrays them is live actors, animation, CGI, or puppets. In that regard, the Kermit-Piggy love story still holds the most fascination for the general public, not who does what voice now or whatever. And predictably, it's the element Henson has botched up the most. IMO. FWIW.

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Ignoring Murgatoad) Did you just hear something, or was that the wind. Seems like the wind is full of Hot Air today.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, for crying out loud, this is an Appreciation thread, not a depretiation thread...