The Kermit and Miss Piggy appreciation thread

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, about the kiss. I sort of agree. I guess it wasn't as passionate as we had hoped. I liked it better in The Muppet's Take Manhattan: "What better way could anything end. Hand in hand with a friend" *kiss* The end of the movie and the best part, even if it wasn't a legal marriage.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I also enjoy the Kermit and Piggy dynamic--from the time of The Muppet Show until now. I even liked the way they played on it in "Muppet Treasure Island" and "Muppet Christmas Carol," and I'm hoping to see more of it now that Miss Piggy has come out of semi-retirement.

And I do think the will-they or won't-they, unrequited love vs. stalking themes are ones that the general public can relate to, because the general public is as screwed up as we are. And yes, I'm speaking for you.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking for the rest of us who actually want to be here...

I do not think Murgatoad should be here. He has no reason, and no business being here complaing ALL THE TIME AND MAKING US FANS miserable by his pig headed, nasty comments. I am sick and tired of his "Comic Book Guy" attitude and I think he should either be banned or asked the tone it down.

Now personally, I'ts not so much that they're puppets (which murgatoad doesn't seem to understand) is that the puppeteers have spent their careers shaping, and forming these characters from just being assigned to play a part in a puppet show, to creating celebrities in their own rights. Personally, Miss Piggy and Kermit could just not love eachother, and just give blank deliveries, but then they would be some lame public access cable show, and not a national phenominon. Their love affair has been one of the greatest of fictitious characters in history, and I think it's high time we realise it.

Murgatoaad, straighten up and fly right!

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Speaking for the rest of us who actually want to be here...

I do not think Murgatoad should be here. He has no reason, and no business being here complaing ALL THE TIME AND MAKING US FANS miserable by his pig headed, nasty comments. I am sick and tired of his "Comic Book Guy" attitude and I think he should either be banned or asked the tone it down.

Now personally, I'ts not so much that they're puppets (which murgatoad doesn't seem to understand) is that the puppeteers have spent their careers shaping, and forming these characters from just being assigned to play a part in a puppet show, to creating celebrities in their own rights. Personally, Miss Piggy and Kermit could just not love eachother, and just give blank deliveries, but then they would be some lame public access cable show, and not a national phenominon. Their love affair has been one of the greatest of fictitious characters in history, and I think it's high time we realise it.

Murgatoaad, straighten up and fly right!
Well, let's see. It's hard to answer someone who's attacking you for things you never said. FWIW, I favor a Piggy/Kermit love affair. I *do* think I've made that clear the infrequent times I've spoken of it. It's the Henson Co. that's unclear on that point (or perhaps *stupid* about that point is a better, more honest term), so it's not me you should be angry about regarding that topic, my dear Doctor. :wink:

As for your "Comic Book Guy" comparison to me, I think that would better apply to someone who's obsessed with a certain medium or product of that medium. That would apply to most of the people here, I think, rather than to me. Like most of the non-Muppet-obsessed public, I do not care who does Kermit now, or Piggy, or Scooter, or Gonzo's latest avian bedmate. I do not care about Beauregard or if I'll ever see him again. I truly do not care about Rizzo the Rat, who, IMO, is singularly unappealing, and I care even less for Pepe the Prawn, who is worse (aside from the funny voice delivery) and whose ejection from the Long John Silver campaign is perfectly understandable considering that the idea of a fast food commercial is NOT to affect people's stomachs in a negative way. And if the Muppets never featured another penguin in any future production, I'd be just as happy. What would make me happy is if the Henson co. would make good stuff again and if they'd stop being hypocritical about certain dramatic themes. The latter part wouldn't bother me at all, BTW, if my tax money didn't go into their pockets thus forcing me to support such hypocrisy. JMHO.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well, not to further fan the flames of hatred with a wet blanket, or some junk. But c'mon, if you take away our discussions about who-play's-what, what they add to the series, what characters we missed, and the way the new performers imitate classic characters, then you're leaving us with decidedly little to discuss as fans. I myself didn't really truly get into the Muppets until Muppet Treasure Island/Muppets Tonight came along, but still I think all this information is fascinating. What I used to label as an unknown Muppet in reruns now has a name, and I can identify them in pretty well form thanks to what I've read on this site.

As for older characters, like I said before, I came in during Henson's little mini-rebirth in 96, but still when I watch older muppet movies and series, I do get to appreciate the personalities of the Muppets that are no longer with us. Lew Zealand, for example, put a lot of gusto into the original Muppet Show, made some unfortunate cameos in the Muppet Movies, and then got lost for a while. I was thankful he was written into the latest Muppet production, but he somehow seems a little lost amongst all the other characters. I must cite that I could immediately tell it wasn't Jerry Nelson playing the role, and instead of writing the character in a clever manner like they did on the origfinal Muuppet Show, they returned him to his roots: Throwning fish around and being repelled by the other characters.

The thing is, I could say that I don't really care, Henson can do whatever they want. But, honestly, it's jsut the easy way out of the discussion. I grew up with these characters for years, even though I haven't been a fan until my teenaged ones, and I really care what happens to them. After all, this is the Rainbow Connection, the Magic Store. If we stop appreciating the Muppets the way we do know, it may as well be that Doc Hopper one, and the Muppets have become singing dancing advertiser sell-outs.

So.....I'm gonna talk more aobut Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship, now, 'kay?

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto

So.....I'm gonna talk more aobut Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship, now, 'kay?
Hey, fine by me. My point was, that topic is one of the few things about the Muppets *the general public* is interested in (as opposed to what species of fish Lew Zealand threw around). It's something a lot of people still care about despite Henson's constant fumblings with it. It's like it's a really good idea that's being handled by dunderheads. Sad to see. And sad to say, it looks like that's not going to change...

Salmoto

Reaction score
You know, everyone else was happy with the movie as a whole,why not you?

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
You know, everyone else was happy with the movie as a whole,why not you?
Since you ask, any anticipation I felt for the movie was ruined by that stupid Kermit/Piggy performance at the Macy's Parade.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I have tried not to respond to what you say but why do you have to be so rude,you came on here being a ******* and now NO ONE likes you,and I dont care who plays who as long as it sounds good but there are characters I would like to see again and I dont see why you have to ruin every topic you respond to.