1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Kermit and Miss Piggy debate

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Sep 13, 2012.

1. miss kermie Well-Known Member

So, I'm starting this, because every thread turns into a Kermit and Piggy debate.
    We can't help it.
    Soooooooooo,

How do you feel about Kermit and Miss Piggy having kids?

That's a start.
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

Well this is an awkward topic.
    SSLFan and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  3. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Is it really?
  4. Hubert Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I learned from the CCC, it's that reproduction is ALWAYS an awkward topic...

Er...why don't we start talking about marriage first...that should probably be the first priority...
  5. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Good idea.
    I HEARD NO MENTION OF DIVORCE PAPERS AFTER TMTM! THEY'RE MARRIED I TELL YOU!!
  6. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I never heard they had a marriage certificate in TMTM
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Slackbot Well-Known Member

The question is whether a marriage that is not entered into voluntarily by both parties--remember, Piggy tricked Kermit by replacing Gonzo with a real preacher--is a legitimate marriage. If not, then TMTM cannot be taken as evidence that they were married.
  8. Hubert Well-Known Member

But remember though, Kermit still would have had to sign off on a marriage beforehand before it would be official.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Kermit signed a marriage licence a long time ago.
  10. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Such as how do bat demons reproduce? :p

In Piggy's mind they are married, but I doubt it officially :p
  11. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yeah, Piggy is crazy enough to go to a mental hospital.
    Never trust her mind.
  12. Scooterforever Active Member

I personally think it'd be interesting for Kermit and Piggy to take a break from each other for awhile; their often unstable relationship, as opposed to, say, the stable relationships of Gonzo and Camilla or Floyd and Janice, needs to be re-examined in my opinion. It would be more interesting if they saw other people, I think.
  13. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Why? They'd only get jealous.
  14. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes, but I doubt that still would be valid/would have been valid.

Though I do understand your point, and I think it is a good one, but I kinda think that that would just end up turning the whole franchise into an ongoing romance saga. Plus it would be confusing for casual fans...
  15. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

He WHAT??
  16. Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Third season of The Muppet Show for the wedding sketch. It was the episode where Lew Zealand first appeared (but I forgot who the guest star was in this episode :o)
  17. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Just a sketch, did Kermit actually sign anything?
  18. Hubert Well-Known Member

Piggy (via Scooter) tricked him into signing it backstage earlier in the show so that she could bring in a real minister and have them married.

So he did actually sign one.
  19. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

[holding back the urge to call Kermit an idiot]
  20. heralde Well-Known Member

I still go by the 30th anniversary special when :mad: calls :) "hubby." ; )