The Kids Are Alright

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Has anybody seen this new sitcom yet? It's hilarious.

In a sense it reminds me of The Goldbergs meets All in the Family as it is a nostalgic sitcom set in a previous decade (the '70s) but only unlike the overprotective mother that is Beverly Goldberg;the family on this show is extremely dysfunctional. No seriously, they make The Simpsons look like The Brady Bunch in comparison.

There are at least 10 different kids in the show (not counting the infant) and all of them are funny in their own right but my personal favorite is the resident suck up who will do anything he possibly can for at least 5 seconds of attention. I forget his name though lol.

I especially recommend this show to anyone who is Catholic and was raised in the 1970s. If so, it will totally be very nostalgic and relatable to you in more ways than one.

Keep in mind though that there have been a couple jokes that could potentially offend certain more sensitive viewers. Nothing too major but most of the more shocking jokes throughout revolve around the awful ways the family treats each other. If you are someone who favors family values above all else in your sitcom preferences, then I can safely say that there have been more than a few moments over the course of this series that will without a doubt make your skin crawl.

I also recommend this series to The Walking Dead fans because the actor who played Abraham also plays the role of the dad on this show.

So yeah, if you haven't seen it yet. I definitely think The Kids Are Alright is worth checking out. Both me and my parents love the show to death and believe that it is quite possibly the funniest sitcom on the air at the moment. It has clever writing, relatable situations, hilarious characters with their own unique personalities, and a sense of good old fashioned nostalgia to any Generation Xers who watch it. Maybe don't show it to your younger kids though because it's definitely intended for adult and teenage audiences.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I watched the first episode, but haven't really had time to watch more and haven't felt like watching more episodes online. The episode I saw was decent. I hope to get motivated into at least watching more of the episodes online soon. I usually like sitcoms that take place in past decades.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Well, this show has officially been cancelled. That totally sucks. It was one of the best comedies in recent memory. Oh well, at least we still have The Goldbergs. Am I right?