The Last Dvds You Have Rented?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I thought it would be a neat idea to have a dvd rental thread, in addition to the dvd buying thread. What were the last dvds you rented? Do you belong to Netflix, Blockbusters, or another video rental store? Does the place you are renting from have any pros or cons? Thanks for looking. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I rent from the library, because it's totally free!

Hm, I think I might have rented some anime DVDs.

Kiki

Reaction score
I rented out Gran Torino.

It rawked. >_O

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I rented out Gran Torino.

It rawked. >_O

I rented Gran Torino last week, I agree, it was very good.:big_grin:

My boyfriend has a subscription with Blockbusters online, rent 3 at a time. We can usually get through 6 each week(get 3 movies in the mail & then exchange them for 3 more at the store).

I also rented last week: The Grudge, Valkyrie, The Reader.

In the mail: Bolt, U.S. vs. John Lennon & The Cell 2.

Yesterday we rented: Chrysalis, The Grudge 2 & Taken.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
For me it's actually been awhile since I rented a movie. I rent from Hollywood Video just because it's the only place I have a membership to, but I might rent videos from the library as bazooka_beak mention.

I think the last movie I actually rented (or at least remember watching) was Semi-Pro with Will Ferrell, to be totally honest, it was a let down. I'm a pretty big fan of Will, but I didn't find this movie very funny at all. Maybe that's why it's been awhile since I lasted rented,:sympathy:

Nick22

Reaction score
i recently rented titanic. saddest movie i ever saw, but now one of my favorites.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its been a while since I rented a movie. I think the last movie I rented was Prom Night (the remake, unrated). Lets put it this way...it was awful. I mean, you would think the unrated version would have blood in it. But you really didnt see any of the murders and I tihnk there was maybe one scene where you saw a little bit of blood splatter, but not nearly enough to even remotely consider it to have gore in it...and yet I heard that it was scary for a lot of people. But eh...I love slasher movies, so I guess people who dont like them miiiiiiight find it scary? I dunno...

But actually, I really didnt want to get it in the first place. My friend wanted to get it, sooooo I reluctantly agreed. Turns out my instinct was right :stick_out_tongue:

Kiki

Reaction score
Just got The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I was interested in the concept of the film. All I can say is... wow, and... wow.