The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Beauregard

Reaction score
Tell me, what rating does this film have on the Weird Factor, is it natral weirdness (ie. X Men) or 'magic?'

Also, should I see this, or not, opinions please

Fozzie

Reaction score
It really isn't that wierd. Yeah the characters are a litlle odd. That part would probably be "X-Men" wierd. Other than that it isn't that wierd. It's pretty good IMO.

Phantom

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I would just like to say how much I appreciate bein 'in this league.

:halo:
You are in a league all your own. The League of Extrodrinary Byrons.

LEB for short.

Are we all in agreement, here? I believe we are.:stick_out_tongue:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
I thought it was a great movie, I loved it. I think some people don't understand where some of the characters come from, hence they pass it off as weird. For example the bad guy in the film, Moriarty, was the one guy Sherlock Holmes always tried to catch but never quite could. It was brilliant grouping all these famous characters together, however I think a lot of people have not read the books that they are from, and just didn't get the references. That's most likely why the movie didn't do well. It's sad really, the stories are really worth reading.

Phantom

Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie, but I've read most of the books that the characters are from. The books are awsome.

Not all classic literature is Shakespeare. (I neither love him or hate him) Kipling, Verne, Wells, Conrad, Melville (the list goes on) wrote some exciting stories. Besides it makes you look real smart when you know the final jeopardy answer.

This title character begins the opening of the book sitting atop a cannon outside the Lahore museum. *humming Final Jeopardy music*

Beauregard

Reaction score
So...it pretty good. Ok.

I understand that it is a bunch of fictional characters fixed into one bunch, right. Sounds cool then. I think I'll watch it sometime.

I read somewhere that the Marsions from War of the Worlds will be the badies in the Sequel, because they were in the comics as badies once. Sounds...interesting. (Mind you that could be where Bryan would fit in, Butt Ugly Martion = Bryan!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
OK. Hey, I just had a thought. If someone else joins this board, and is named Bryan, they arn't going to hang arund long are they!!!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Bryan would be fine, since our big 'n' hairy friend's name is Byron...

I liked this movie, it was fun to watch, but it's not exactly a brillisnt piece of filmmaking....Oddly enough, my fave character was Dorian Gray, which is funny since I hated the book so much.....