The Legend of McDonaldland

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. Wal-Mart and McDonald's are a lot alike.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yup, I definitely remember Mac Tonight, awesome commericals, lol. He sang a version of "Mack the Knife", which was the reason the ads stopped airing (copyright and all heh).

And that's true about lower income families, they don't have as many choices when it comes to food. I know when I'm sort on cash, that's where I go. Reminds me of WalMart, heh.
My crazy hectic college days were spent drinking warm Coca-Cola and cold Taco Bell. Now I stock up on protein bars at the beginning of every month as a safety food. Not great, but better. Sometimes these days I live on Diet Coke, protein bars and Goldfish crackers (along with leafy greens when at all possible). It's always about the trade-off.

I remember the moon character. Poor fella. I miss him as I miss all of his old cheesy fast food friends. :frown:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I wonder why they never put out the now out-of-print "McTreasure Island" video--a McDonald's version of the Stevenson tale starring Jim Hawkins and Long John Silver (ironically, also the name of a rival fast food franchise)--on DVD?

Luke

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they used the characters again here in the UK very briefly as part of an anniversary thing a few years back. I used to love the McDonaldLand characters as a kid, our local McD's had a mural too, and i loved Hamburglar. We had Happy Meal car toys with each character driving a different one, still got em somewhere i think.

I also remember they used to give kids paper hats to wear in the restaurants, like little sailor type ones. Most of our restaurants had both an upstairs and a downstairs (upstairs just for eating, not ordering) but they changed that here and its all just on one level now.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Rubble! Rubble! The Hamburglar was my favorite character of the entire gang. I even liked his street-wise incarnation in the company-promoted direct-to-video cartoon series.