The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
1) What happens in this sketch?

2) What year is it?

3) How is it?

4) What Muppets appear in this sketch besides Guy?

I heard that the sketch is featured in some of the Verizon Wireless V Cast phones.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I remember seeing this sketch when I was little,but other than that I don't remember.It's been at least 12 yrs. since I last saw it.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
It's available for a limited time on some of the Verizon Wireless phones.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Leslie Mostly

This is a fun skit that I recall from way back when. The premise is that it is an interview show with Leslie Mostly (a girl muppet) in the studio, while Guy Smiley appears on a large screen to be interviewed. The interview supposedly takes place in Guy's "house," which is set up just like one of his game show sets. There are three curtains, behind one of which is a studio audience providing background laughter and applause!

This was actually from a series of "Leslie Mostly" skits, which included interviews with Kermit, Cookie Monster, the Amazing Mumford and IIRC the Count. I'd enjoy seeing these again, particularly the one with Kermit, which was quite funny! I can't give it away here, but it was a great comedy routine.

Now I have a question - is it possible to download those Verizon skits onto something other than the phone? I'd enjoy seeing them again, but I don't have a "cool enough" phone yet. Without putting the skits onto something like a computer or a DVD or VHS, it makes it difficult to store them or keep them "on file" for later.

sesameguy

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
1) What happens in this sketch?

2) What year is it?

3) How is it?

4) What Muppets appear in this sketch besides Guy?
To answer your other questions, I don't recall the exact year, but I would guess around 1981 or so. Besides Leslie Mostly and Guy, the other muppets are mostly "anything muppets" as best as I recall, although I think the two-headed monster appeared as a member of Guy's studio audience.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember the Leslie Mostly skits. She would take you to the homes of different Muppet characters while at her desk, looking at a huge screen.

First, she interviewed Guy Smiley whose home was a huge stage show with his furniture behind curtain number 1, his organ music in curtain number 2, and his pet studio audience in curtain number 3.

Then Leslie, interviewed the Count. But all he did was Count everything he saw in his house, so no conversation was hardly done.

Then we look into Mumford's home. Mumford turned himself into a rabbit. He still had his face, except he had long ears, whiskers, and teeth. Then changed himself back and disappered. But ended up turning Leslie into a rabbit by accident.

Cookie Monster's home was made of cookies and he lost control and ended up eating his entire house. He said he'll just rebuild.

Leslie interviewed Grover at his restaurant and he got excited. The orange customer wanted some food, but Grover said, "In a moment, sir!" Then Leslie asked Grover if he could send her a roast beef sandwich. A depressed Grover left Leslie and the customer and said, "This is not my table."

And finally, Leslie interviewed Kermit the Frog. Kermit showed Leslie his awards for doing reports on the 3 Little Pigs and Red Riding Hood. Kermit explained that when he was a kid, he wanted to be a rancher at first, puts on a cowboy hat. Then a cook, puts on a chef's hat. Then a knight in shining armor, puts on a helmet. But then decided to become a news reporter and puts on his trademark reporter's hat.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Wow. After reading all of this, I'm looking very forward to when (if) they appear on the SS video player.

Reaction score
To answer your other questions, I don't recall the exact year, but I would guess around 1981 or so. Besides Leslie Mostly and Guy, the other muppets are mostly "anything muppets" as best as I recall, although I think the two-headed monster appeared as a member of Guy's studio audience.
These sketches were only in SS's 12th season (1980-1981). Leslie Mostly, along with Deena and Pearl, were the only characters that I know of that appeared only during that one season. Can anyone recall any other "single-season" SS muppet characters?