1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Letter People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikebennidict, Apr 6, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The new puppets definitely improve the overall look and designs of the original 70s puppets, but I swear these things look like puppets I would have built: the shapes of some of their hands are dead ringers from my puppet hands.

2. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

So I'm 3 days late on this, but here is the continuation of Mr. M's market trip in episode 2. He sings his song in this one!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Bliffenstimmers

Sure took long enough to get a 3rd episode from the new series, and it's a rather dull one. Just a very basic review of capital M and lowercase m and its sound, plus some of that obsolete "talk to the screen" formula.

4. Bliffenstimmers

The new Letter People with Mr. T.
    brought to you by Colgate.

5. Bliffenstimmers

Look at how far Mr. M's come. Back in the 70s he was a ravenous hog at the supermarket, and now he's become a well behaved manager!

6. bradandez

bradandez New Member

Huh, seems kind of quiet here. Can't really talk too much as of now, but I'd like to share something.

7. D'Snowth

Hey, Bliffenstimmers, are you going to be doing the rest of the Letter People anytime soon?

8. Bliffenstimmers

@D'Snowth: Never expect me to finish what I start. It's always been like that with me, but even more so these days. I've taken multiple hiatuses from my webcomic due to my declining energy and poor health. If I'm up to it, I may do a few more since you mentioned it and I'm on another one of those hiatuses.

9. D'Snowth

I get you.

10. bradandez

bradandez New Member

I currently drew a handful of my favorite Letter People for an art jam. Hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. D'Snowth

Haha, I like 'em! They look more human, yet are still very stylized; great job!

bradandez likes this.
  12. bradandez

bradandez New Member

Thank you! I based my drawings on how the Letter People looked in the TV series.

13. bradandez

bradandez New Member

14. D'Snowth

Great job! You did an awesome job at depicting all of the Letter People, they look great!

MikaelaMuppet and bradandez like this.
  15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Good job!

16. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

17. Bliffenstimmers

Although this had already been online for 3 months, here's the latest of the "new" old Letter People videos, and perhaps the highlight of them all so far.

Instead of remaking Mr. T's original song word-for-word, they've written him up an all new ditty. Although it loses the quiet, bluesy flavor of the original, it's still a funny little earworm.

Speaking of changes, keep an eye out for the new Mr. G. He looks less like a blob of chewing gum and more like one of Jim Henson's earlier utility monsters...

If you happen to prefer the original songs -- I hate to advertise, but -- check out the YouTube channel Uncommon Ephemera. They've uploaded the complete Letter People songs from the school program LPs (though including the revised inventor Miss I and optimist Miss O) and the rest of their channel is chock full of audio rarities you won't normally see on digital media: kids albums, educational records, promotional material, it's worth a look!

18. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I really wish the Lucky Star's song was released on an album. I just love those old-school Moog sounds in there. :)

Yorick and MikaelaMuppet like this.