The Life And History Of The Electric Mayhem

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am going to start a multi-chapter story about how the electric mayhem became a band. This includes how they got started, how and why Lips joined the band (and why he hasn't performed since 1992), why the band didn't perform much in the 1990s, and even giving explaination for some of the various continuity changes/ errors.

I will start my story in my next post.

:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 1

:halo:

It happened a long, long time ago, in a nursery far, far away. A woman named nanny had inherrited a building, with a large nrsery. She wasn't married, but wanted some children to play in the nursery. She found out that a couple that she new had to explore for work (the husband was in charge of technical aspects while the wife was interested in exploring). They had twins, Scooter and Skeeter, who they couldn't take with them on the trip, so they left Scooter and Skeeter with nanny.

Then, frog mother that nanny knew couldn't support all of he kids, and sent some of them to live with different people. One of her kids, Kermit, got to live with nanny. Kermit occassionally got visited by members of his family, including his nephew, Robin, but he pretty much stayed at the nursery.

Nannys friend Emily bear was going through a nasty divorce and a horrible custody battle. Emily and her husband agreed to ley Nanny take care of Fozzie untill a settlement was made. Fozzies parents occassionally came over to visit, and Emily often made home movies during the holidays, which included Christmas, valentines day, Halloween, and new years.

One night, nanny woke up after hearing a big crash in her bakcyard. She found a strange-looking, hook-nosed, blue creature. The tag on it's bracelet said Gonzo, so that's what she called him.

Nanny then got custody of Piggy. Piggys father had died in a tractor accident, and her mother was really mean to her. Social Services found out about how mean her mom was and sent her to a nearby mental isntitution for as long as she had a problem.

Nanny took the babies for a trip downtown when they found a box of puppies for sale. There was only one dog left. His name was Rowlf, and nanny bought him, little did she know that he could play the piano well.

Finally, the doorbell at the nursery rang. When she opened the door, a basket was left on the door step. Inside was a little baby monster, with a note enclosed. it read: "to whom it may concern. I can no longer take care of my baby. His name is Animal. Please take care of him for me. Yours truly, anonymous." So nanny kept animal, who instantly learned to play the drums.

The Muppet Babies became close friends fast. They had fun together. But then, things happened. Scooter and Skeeters parents were doen with their trip but their work was transferred so that they had to move far away. Fozzies parents made a custody settlement, and Fozzie lived with his mom, who moved to a farmhouse far away. Many of Kermits older brothers and sisters lived on their own, so kermit could live with his family. Miss Piggys mom was let out of the mental institution and decided to move far, far away (and continue to be mean to Piggy, but this time she couldn't get caught).

Since they had become so close to each other, they all kne that they would miss each other too much. Their friends, Bunsen and Beaker, lived in a science nursery, where a memory erasing machine was invented, so all of the babies had their memory erased, and they all forgot about each other.

Nanny now only took care of Gonzo, Animal, and Rowlf. Their friend, janice, was part of The Nursery of Gifted Musicians. She played guitar, and lived among other musicical babies. nanny soon couldn't take care of Gonzo, Rowlf or Animal any longer. Since Animal and Rowlf were musically gifted, they moved to the musically gifted nursery, which was going to be relocated 127 miles away, so Rowlf, Animal and Janice all had their memories erased. Gonzo was sent to live with a chicken family, and had his memory erased, too.

Rowlf and Animal were happy at this new nursery. They met some new friends, lthough everything was now new to them. Janice introduced them to the other musicians, including a frightened trumpet player named trevor, a nerdy triangle bell player named michael, a happy-go-lucky accordian player named julie, and janices secret crush, a bass player named Floyd pepper. Actually, janice had a secret crush on all of the other human male musicians, but her biggest crush was on Floyd, who was also secretly attracted to her.

Al th babies were moving on, but the musicians were all together.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 2

:sing:

So Rowlf and Animal joined Janice and her fellow friends at the Nursery For The Musically Gifted. They all harmonized well with the others, especially Floyd. A few years later, a talent scout, Nick Burns, had visited this nursery. He thought that all of the students were talented, but Floyd, Animal, and Jancie all stood out from the rest, and wanted to take them to live at his music academey, a private school for musicians. The owner of the nursery had agreeed and got his check for $100,000 dollars.

Unfortunately, this meant that Rowlf would probably never see Animal again. His friends tried to cheer him up, but it was no use. With the money he made from selling three of the musicians, the owner of The Nursery For The Musically Gifted decided to take them on a vacation. They went far away, but then, while riding in a car up a mountain on a stormy night, a horrible accident had happened. The vehicle crashed and only Rowlf had survived, but he had a major head injury and all he could remember was that he knew how to play the piano. He had forgotten about all of his other friends.

Meanwhile, at the music academey, Animal, janice, and floyd were all making new friends. They met a fiddle player named pauline. They met a whistle player named frank. They also met the quietist musician of the group, Zoot. Everybody liked his sax-playing skills, but he hadn't spoken to anybody in three years. He was older than the others and had kept falling behind and repeating school.

One day, Floyd decided to talk to him. "what's up, man?", asked Floyd. "are you going to say anything? How's music treating you?". But Zoot just continued to play his saxaphone. janice tried to talk to him. "Like, music is rully cool fer sure!". "Fer Sure! Fer Sure!", added Animal. Then, Zoot said his first words in three years: "Can I go to the bathroom?". After he went to the bathroom, he started a conversation with Floyd, Janice, and Animal.

"So," said Zoot, "what do you all play?". "I play bass, Janice here plays guitar, and Animal plays drums", said Floyd. "I like to eat drums!", said animal, to which Janice corrected him, "No, no, no, you beat drums". "oh, sorry!", answered Animal. "like, I can tell that we are all going to be friends", said janice. Floyd asked, "why do you suppose that?", and Janice replied, "because we were able to get Zoot to talk to us. That must count as something". "far out!", said Floyd. Then Zoot went back to playing his saxaphone, and then fell asleep as he was playing it.

five months later, at the middle of the night, Animal was gettign really cranky. "walk! walk!", said Animal. he had woke everybody up. Floyd decided to take Animal for a walk. Janice and Zoot both wanted to accompany Floyd, so they all went for a walk. "Man!", said Zoot, "I can't beleive that you woke me up". "well, like, you didn't have to join us", said janice. Just then, they heard some rowdy music playing at a nearby night club. The main attraction was Dr. Teeth, a keyboard player. They liked his skills, and thouhgt that he was a better musician than they were. They stayed out of the house all night. Unfortunately, this got them into some serious trouble when they got home.

"Who said you could leave this academy without my permission?!", asked Nick Burns.

"But Mr. Burns", said Floyd, "Animal was noisey and needed a walk".

"I did! I did!" shouted Animal.

Nich added, "And you brought along janice and Zoot, too! Well, you're never going to have this problem again".

"is that becaus you trust us not to do it again?", asked janice.

"No", said Nick, "I say that because you are all expelled", and that night they were all living on the streets.

With nowhere to go, they went to the night club, which didn't charge money after 10:00 P.M. They went backstage to meet Dr. teeth and tell him about what had happened. This made Dr. Teeth said, and he asked Tom Murko, his agent and guardian, if they could live with them. Mr. Murko said yes, and they all lived together. But would it be forever?

:flirt:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 3

Nick Murko was in charge of custody of Dr. teeth, Floyd Pepper, Animal, janice, and Zoot. Dr. Teeth was going through a phase where he wanted to be a dentist, so he demanded that everybody call him Dr. Teeth. Teeth was his real last name, but ever since his parents mysteriously disapeared during a hawian cruise, nobody had referred to him by his first name. Nine months later he decided to end his dream of being a dentist and focus on music.

Nick Murko was an ageant and knew the owner of the night club where dr. teeth played keyboards at. After adopting them, Nick decided to have Floyd, Animal, janice and Zoot play together in a band. he called them The Electric Mayhem.

Their popuilarity soon became just as enormous as Dr. Teeths, and soon the customers were demading to see both Dr. Teeth and the electric mayhem perform together on stage. So they performed together, billed as Dr. Teeth And the Electric Mayhem. Dr. Teeth decided to just join the group, and they stuck with the name Dr. Teeth And The Electric Mayhem.

They also went to school together. Floyd and Janice eventually became romantically involved with each other by the eight grade. After they all graduated, Nick decided to go find bigger gigs for them. Unfortunately, it was hard for them to become famous. The night club that had made them popular had just gone out of buisness, many theatre owners and managers were not interested in their kind of music, and others were able to get too many big name groups to even consider a group with much smaller popularity. They didn't make a record deal, and weren't accepted for any talent shows. And Nick Murko was losing money.

Each member decided to make money on their own. Zoot went through a series of jobs, including a bus driver, but he had so many long shifts that he kept falling asleep on the job and got fired. He also got a job at a drug store, where his co-workers were hiding illegal drugs in musical instruments. Zoot did not realize this one day when he played a saxaphone with marrijuanna and got burnt out. He also got a job as a plumber, but he was too confused to properly fix a pipe.

Dr. Teeth got a job as a door-to-door encyclopedia salesman, but he hardly made any sales. The majority of houses he went to normally didn't have anybody at home. other people just slammed the door on him, and some already had 27 sets. Dr. Teeth did make some sales, but not much.

Animal got a job as a security guard at the local museum. He was good at scarring away burgulars, but he was also good at scarrng other people as well.

Janice got a job working at a flower shop. Thanks to her looks, she got a lot of men to come to the store, but that didn't mean that they bought anything.

Floyd joined the army, where he was soon given a sergent position, justifying him being called Sgt. Floyd Pepper, but the army wasn't groovy or hip enough, and he quit. However, he made $50,000,000 , and came home. The band was ready again.

Nick had heard the good news and later that night, he went to an auction where he bought an abandoned church. He also bought a bus. the next morning, Floyd realized that 90 percent of his money was gone, but he didn't care when he heard that the band would be playing full-time. They were told that the church was going to be turned into a coffee house, and Nick offered to have them sign contracts. They were all too excited to actually read the contract and all signed right away. Nick told them to paint their bus and he would try to get some special permits.

They painted the bus in an hour, and started jamming. Soon, they were visited by Kermit and Fozzie, who had recently met again but didn't remember knowing each other. They met the band and didn't recognize Animal or Janice (and vice versa). janice told them about how they were going to turn the church into a coffee house. Kermit and Fozzie had told them about how they were being chased by Doc Hopper and how they were going to hollywood. When they took a nap, the band decided to paint their studebaker so that they wouldn't be found by Doc Hopper. Kermit and Fozzie left. Nick Murko soon came back with a tape recorder and recorded their music.

Later that night, the band told Nick about how they met some people and how janice told them about the coffee house plans. However, Nick pointed out that it was supposed to be a secret, and their contract stated that they wouldn't be allowed to tell anybody. Be became furiously mad. He through a gas bomb at them, causing them all to fall asleep, and he locked them in the basement. He was going to use their audiotape to play their music in the coffee house. How would the electric mayhem survive?

:cool:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wow, you sure have been cranking this story out! I love it so far, especially how you've been explaining some discrepancies in Muppet history. I do have one question, though. How did Scooter end up at the church? Or is that being attributed to TMM being "almost approximately" how it happened?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Wow, you sure have been cranking this story out! I love it so far, especially how you've been explaining some discrepancies in Muppet history. I do have one question, though. How did Scooter end up at the church? Or is that being attributed to TMM being "almost approximately" how it happened?
I plan on having a chapter about the muppets working on The Muppet Movie, which will explain why Scooter is their manager. You may have noticed that their manager in "real life" turned out not to be very nice by time they got the church. I think the chapter about them making the muppet movie won't happen untill chapter 5 or 6. it'll make since when it is explained, though.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Okie dokie. Just curious. Yeah, sort of did notice that this manager dude ain't so peachy. It's a great story, I'm definately looking forward to more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 4

The electric mayhem had been locked in the basement all night. They had been awake for six hours, cold and hungry.

"Hungry! Hungry!", shouted Animal.

"if your so hungry", said floyd, "then why don't you try eating th lokc of the door?".

Animal went to the lock, but it tasted too awful even for animal.

"like, we are totally doomed", said janice. "you know," said Dr. Teeth, "nick murko has always been suhc a nice guy. When my parents were missing, he took me into his home, became my ageant, and let me play the keyboards all night long at night clubs, even during school night. My grades may not have always been good because of it, but he didn't care, just as long as I was making him money..."

"man, I wish I was still at the nursery for the musically gifted right now", said Floyd. "Me too!", said janice, "although I don't remember anything that happened when we were there. I don't remember what the building was like, I don't rememebr any of our friends, I have no memory". "me, neither", said Floyd, "do you remember, Animal?" "No!", said Animal.

Then they all stopped to think. "you know", said floyd, "I bet he only had us work for him to make money. He is robably the one responsible for the robbery of my money." "bummer!", said Janice, "but Floyd, theres somehting that I have wanted to tlk to you about for a long time, and, like, since we might be dying soon, I should probably tell you now". "Go ahead", said Floyd. "Floyd, I have always had this secret crush on you, fer sure!", said Janice. "Well", said floyd, " I have always had this secret crush on you too!". "rully?" said Janice. "absolutely positively", said Floyd. Then they started hugging eahc other.

Then Zoot noticed that there was a payphone in the basement. He had 25 cents in his pokcet and used the phone to call the police. Dr. Teeth took the phone away from Zoot just in case he ran out of words while talking. He told the police about how their manager was ony caring about money, how he had locked them in the basement and other things.

The police arrived, arrested Nick Murko, and freed the Electric Mayhem. They gave Nick Murko a lie detector test, which proved that he did steal the money that Floyd made in the army, that he purposely got the band excited just so they could sign the contracts without reading it first, that he recorded them rehearsing just so he could play the recordings at the eventual coffee shop, and other crimes. He went to jail, but the contracts he signed for the church and the house both stated that each menber of the band have 10 percent ownership. They gained 20 percent now, and sold their ownership of the church to the government, but they also had gotten 10 percent ownership of the bus, got 20 percent now, and kept the bus. Remembering kermit and Fozzies offer to join them in hollywood, they went out searching for the muppets.

They found them a day later. They saw that the muppets were stranded on a dessert. Kermit was taking a walk, but they recognized Fozzie. Animal looked at Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo, and started to think that seeing them togetehr looked familar somehow, but he didn't know why. Rowlf saw Animal, Floyd, and Janice, but didn't remember them because of his accident, causing him to only remember his name and musical talent. They didn't remember him either. Kermit came back, and they all headed for hollywood.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 5

The band and other muppets had made it to Hollywood. They went to world wide hollywood studios, where they met producer lew Lord and were given the standard rich and famous contract. However, they weren't able to make movies just yet. According to the traditional rules, they all had to do seperate works first. each band member did musical acts on stage, both together and on their own. Fozzie was an opening act for a big-name comedian (his name is too long to type in this chapter). Kermit was sent to washington, d.c. to co-star on a local program called Sam & Friends, and then sent to Sesame Street to do news reports. Rowlf was asked to work on The Jimmy Dean Show.

Eventually, kermit was able to work out a minor deal to make The Muppet Show. He produced a pilot, where he hired Nigel to host it. Sam The eagle assisted him, and so did Floyd. In fact, the electric mayhem was given the chance to perform a song on the show.

After that, Kermit got an offer by J.P. Gross, owner of a theatre, to make the muppet show. Nigel didn't want to host, but still wanted to be part of the show. Kermit let him conduct the orchestra, but needed some musicians. Floyd, Animal, and Zoot were all willing to be in the orchestra, but Dr. Teeth didn't think that orchestra work was hip enough, and Janice didn't think it was groovy enough. Rowlf was then offered a chance to play piano in the orchestra. Zoot thought they needed an extra horn sound, so Nigel got them to invite a woman he had known all his life, although he never knew her name, to play the trumpet.

Floyd and Janice had a relationship problem for 7 months. They still worked okay together in the band, but when it was time for people to dance in at the dance, janice danced with Zoot instead. Floyd and janice eventually settled their problems and got back together.

J.P. Grosses nephew, Scooter, got hired at the muppet theatre four months after it had opened. Scooter made an instant friendship with the band, and they let him join them on a song, Mr. Bassman. Then, kermit got a contract to make a movie about how they all met together. It was only going to take place between kermti wanting to go to hollywood and after he made it, but the band wanted Scooter to be a part of the movie. They didn't want their mean-old agent to be part of the movie, so they kidnly asked if Scooter could play the role of their agent. Kermit wanted it to be as historically acccurate as possible, but Scooter reminded kermit that his uncle owned the theatre.

They all enjoyed their success on the big screen and the electric mayhem was invited back for more movies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 6

The Muppets had all made it to stardom by now (well, Mildred, Nigel, Muppy, and Hilda didn't). The theatre was filling up with audiences almost every week. It was rare for anything else in The Muppet Shows time slot to actually get ratings. Then, one night after a big show, somebody from the audience came backstage. He was a really shy fellow, with wild yellow hair, weird-looking eyes, and a very detailed shirt.

"My name is Lips", said the visitor. "Pleased to meet you Lips", said kermit. Lips hesitated to talk for a minute, then added, "I...I... I have been watching your show, and I can play the trumpet. Can I be on your show next week?"

"well," said kermit, "the electric mayhem is taking up the entire show next week. But if you play your trumpet, maybe I can work you into the shows schedule". Lips played his trumpet, and Kermit liked the sound. So did everybody else in the theatre. Even Sam The Eagle liked it.

Dr. Teeth and the other band members heard it as well. The band had a meeting, and the next day they told Kermit to call Lips to the theatre for a meeting. They told Lips that they really liked his horn sound, and asked him to join their band. Lips accepted. Lips also asked to be part of the orchestra. The female trumpet player was furious at first, but then she decided that she would play trombone. Janice also decided to give the orchestra a try.

Lips was extremely talented as a trumpet player, but he was also very shy. He had no problem playing the trumpet on-stage, because playing the trumpet helps improve his shyness. However, he would always chicken out whenever he was offered to do a sketch. He rarely spoke to anybody. He did work with the band on other projects, but he also didn't perform with them. In a way, Lips was part of the band, but in another way, he also wasn't.

:cool: