The Lion King DVD

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure you knew it was coming! And it's great! It's full of extra stuff, even some stuff I'll probaly never watch!! LOL!

First thing, the cover is nice, it's a box slip case like the recent speacil Roger Rabbit DVD came in only the TLK also is still in a plastic case like all the other Disney DVD's which is nice. I wish the Roger Rabbit DVD case was like that.

Also on the first disk you get a cool 3D Animation of Zazi flying around pride rock and then guides you "kinda" like how Benny the Cab does in the RR dvd...but not really. The movie is in both wide and full screen and if you didn't know a total NEW song was added to the movie, but you can still watch the movie without it. The song is called Morning Report sung manily by Zazi with a few lines from Simba. Simbas has a new singing voice...duh, because the boy that sang for young Simba is 8 years older then whatever age he was then.;-) As well as JTT who voiced the young Simba but I don't belive sang for him.

The songs short but kinda funny, it fit's nicely but the movie is edited do to it, the whole line of Zazi asking Mufasa what he's doing with Simba and Mufasa tells him a "pouncing lesson" and for Zazi to turn around is changed to Zazi singing the morning report about all the animals in the pridelands and Mufasa telling Simba how to pounce during the song as Zazi doesn't know whats happing. Then Simba tackles him singing into the song and grabing on to Zazi's tale feathers throwing him. The movie then regains with the Gofer popping up telling Zazi about the Heynas in the Pride lands. It's a nice song, but it's kinda short and some of the funny line's of it are hard to hear to do Simba and Mufasa talking during the song. Some of the words aren't even on the subtiles during it either due to the talking. It's okay but it's notting big, I do love Zazi, as he's my second favortie character of this flim right after Timon.

So it's nothing big but a small touch, you do lose out on some of the lines of Zazi saying "what are you telling him Mufasa?" Mufasa? Simba?" but like i said you can still see the movie orignaly the way it was so all's good, there also a few storyboard deleted seens, so they are NOT in color or fully drawn like they were part of the flim but they still have some animation to them. one of them deals with Timons part of Hakuna Mattata and his Merkat collany ways like how Pumbaa has his stinky story.

Another REALLY cool thing that is on disk two is a 3D like safari ride, well TWO safari rides, a boat and a jeep, as Timon and Pumbaa bring up lots of laughs druing the rides.They are really cool!

There is also a sneek peek to "The Lion King 111"...I'm sorry i ment "The Lion King 1 1/2 " and I'm not LION! lol! You may have heard Disney was making this movie based on Timon and Pumbaa story of it all, it aprears Timons mother and cosin will be in this movie as well, the trailer is REALLY funny, but doesn't show any of the flim but Timon and Pumbaa talking about it as they watch the orignal lion movie in theather seats. but a little booklet inside the DVD case shows some pic's. This will be out on DVD in Feburay and the Lion King 2 will also becoming out soon acording to the DVD. both DVD's will have new 3D safari rides too!

It looks like the got Nathane Lane to voice Timon for the new movie, but the guy that manily (but not always) did Timon for the Timon and Pumbaa TV show voices a lot on the DVD, like on the safari rides. I think this new Movie "might" mess up some of the set plots in the cartoon show, but i guess no one but big fans will notice. Such as how Timon and Pumbaa met, How Timon got kicked out of the merkat collony, Timons mother, but really was his goofy prake playing cousin in a costume (which will not be the same cousin that will be in the new flim) as other things too I guess.

I got The Lion King DVD at Media Play for 16.99 plus tax. It's a good buy! Chow!

Zachary,

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm considering getting this DVD, but I don't know because I have the video and there are so many movies I want that I don't have in any shape or form. I'm interested in seeing that new song. I hadn't heard about the Timon and Pumbaa movie. Sounds interesting. Though honestry, while I loved them in the movie, I didn't like the show at all. I'll probably want to watch it when it comes out though. :smile:
Erin

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh I loved the Timon and Pumbaa show, I quote from it ALL the time! It's really only about Timon and Pumbaa with a few othe lion king characters poping up from time to time, but Timon's a hoot! I think it's ok for Disney to reuse them, but not stuff like Lady and the Tramp 2, the Jungle Book 2, 101 Dalmations 2, and so on and so forth....

Timon: "Don't worry Pumbaa, it will be a piece of..you know, that stuff with the candles and the frosting and..."

Pumbaa: "Cake!?!!!!"

Timon: "No thanks! I already ate! HA! oh! my sides!!!hahaha!" :zany:

Zach,

BJC899

Reaction score
Morning report is a great song. It was in the Broadway musical. They needed a song, to show more, the relationship between everyone.

I think I am going to pick up this DVD, i'll have to see.

Thanks for the information!

P

Philo and Gunge

Zack the Dog said:
Oh I loved the Timon and Pumbaa show, I quote from it ALL the time! It's really only about Timon and Pumbaa with a few othe lion king characters poping up from time to time, but Timon's a hoot! I think it's ok for Disney to reuse them, but not stuff like Lady and the Tramp 2, the Jungle Book 2, 101 Dalmations 2, and so on and so forth....

Timon: "Don't worry Pumbaa, it will be a piece of..you know, that stuff with the candles and the frosting and..."

Pumbaa: "Cake!?!!!!"

Timon: "No thanks! I already ate! HA! oh! my sides!!!hahaha!" :zany:

Zach,
OMG, another T&P TV show fan? I used to LOVE it! My father loves them! I so wish I had Toon Disney! I have been joking around a bit about the show being rivised for Spike TV! That would be funny! My local video stores has the first 3 tapes and I used to rent them ALL the time! I was going to check if the MTR had any T&P episodes but they don't!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
we bought this dvd the day it came out! I LOVE it! Morning Report is a GREAT song, and the commentary is really informative. I haven't watched all the extra stuff, but I'm working on it!

has anyone else done the quiz? I'm Rafiki!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I got the DVD as well, I love it so much! It's excellent! :big_grin: I also took the quiz, my character was Pumbaa! :big_grin:

P

Philo and Gunge

rexcrk said:
I got the DVD as well, I love it so much! It's excellent! :big_grin: I also took the quiz, my character was Pumbaa! :big_grin:
I got Zazu or Simba, can't remember.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying it later... and maybe renting or buying 1 1/2 (seems interresting).

I'm glad that you can play the movie with OUT Morning report. I've seen it when they aired the Lion King "The Special edition" on ABC... and I was unimpressed... plus, Zazu's voice changes quite obviously (they did a better job matching Simba's singing voice, which WASN'T Johnathan Taylor thomas... I forget his name... up to the original)

Zazu was played by Rowan Atkinson (sp?) who played Mr. Bean (amoung other things) and the new Zazu was Jeff Glenn Bennet, a voice actor... he plays Johnny Bravo, and mostly one shot characters in various other shows. He does a very good impersonation, but it doesn't sound enough like Rowan to match up with the movie.

Plus the scene works better without the song!