The Little Mermaid: A New Musical

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is it with you and all these threads about new movies and musicals?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Disney ALWAYS have to make a Musical based on one of their cartoon films?

Whatever... Who's gonna right the new songs? Menkin's gone...

BTW... is it just me or does "Somewhere that's Green" from Little Shop of Horrors and "PArt of your World" sound pretty much alike, especially the ending?

I know they're written by the same guy, but...come on!

'speakin' of artists unwittingly copying themselves... http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=462617#post462617

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Does Disney ALWAYS have to make a Musical based on one of their cartoon films?

Whatever... Who's gonna right the new songs? Menkin's gone...
Where did he go?:confused:

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Where did he go?:confused:
I think DrTooth was thinking of Howard Ashman, who died of AIDS in 1991... he and Menken collaborated on a number of projects

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
What is it with you and all these threads about new movies and musicals?
I just think that they're interesting. I am into all of that stuff. Is that a problem?! :attitude:

Princeton

Reaction score
jacobsnchz said:
I just think that they're interesting. I am into all of that stuff. Is that a problem?! :attitude:
Of course it's not a problem, Jacob! Don't feel alone; I'm into Broadway and musicals too. I for one am very excited about the stage adapt of Mermaid; it happens to be my all-time favorite Disney movie. My opinions and thoughts about that movie are too numerous to post here (plus, I don't want to stray off-topic too much), so feel free to PM me and I won't jump down your throat like a few others I could mention.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, don't worry, Jacob. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I am a fan of Broadway musicals also. I've heard about the new Mermaid adapt a few years ago and was excited.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Thanks PRINCETON! I appreciate your sympathy. Though I am a guy, I love that movie too! I posted this thread also to remind you because I knew that you liked LM when I saw your avatar. LOL! :smile: Thanks also, BEAR!