The Looper joke after Mr. Hooper's death

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
You know something Iv'e noticed? Even after Mr. Hooper died there was still a few times when Big Bird said the word "Looper's Store" Like in 1991 when they redid the store and had its grand opening Big Bird was telling Bob something like "Looper's Store is having its grand Opening" and in 1994 or so when Elmo was pretending to be a baby, and Big Bird say "I'll just go to Mr Looper's store and get him a bag of chiops" an

Any other times?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
In the movie "Follow that Bird" when Big Bird is locked in the cage and the two kids come to see him after he sings "I'm a Bluebird" he tells them he's in big trouble and could they please call Looper's Store on Sesame Street and tell them where he is. I listened to it twice and I'm pretty sure he said Looper.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well there for a while Snuffy had a thing w/ Mr Handford. He would call him Landford and Big Bird would correct him. Its pretty funny that Snuffy would start it. I don't know how long that went on for. But I thought that was pretty cool.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And I remember during the hurricane episode Big Bird mentions his picture of "Mr. Looper."

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Well there for a while Snuffy had a thing w/ Mr Handford. He would call him Landford and Big Bird would correct him. Its pretty funny that Snuffy would start it. I don't know how long that went on for. But I thought that was pretty cool.
He also called him "Mr. Handfoot". :big_grin: