The Magic Roundabout

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone out there remembers this show as well as I do? Here in Australia, The Magic Roundabout was on the same channel as Sesame Street - ABC - and if my memory serves me correctly, in the late 70's The Magic Roundabout came on after the afternoon edition of Sesame Street. I certainly know that in the late 80's it came on before the morning edition of Sesame Street although the TV guides failed to mention it. So some other Aussie fans might remember this show.

Maybe they will go to see the movie when it opens, like I'm planning to do.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have heard of this show and seen pictures but never actual episodes of it. I know its a British show and it had some kind of funny hairy dog in it, amongst other characters, thats all I can really remember.

Is there going to be a movie of this? sounds interesting.

Nice to see more fellow Australians here!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
MJTaylor said:
I just wondered if anyone out there remembers this show as well as I do? Here in Australia, The Magic Roundabout was on the same channel as Sesame Street - ABC - and if my memory serves me correctly, in the late 70's The Magic Roundabout came on after the afternoon edition of Sesame Street. I certainly know that in the late 80's it came on before the morning edition of Sesame Street although the TV guides failed to mention it. So some other Aussie fans might remember this show.

Maybe they will go to see the movie when it opens, like I'm planning to do.
i remember that, was there a character called ziggy? or swiggy..? ooh, there was a cow too wasnt there..? speaking of that show..do you remember dr snuggles?

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I think you might be thinking of Zeperdee. Yes there was a cow. her name was Ermintrude. And yes I remember Dr. Suggles, but I was never really into that show.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I remember dr snuggles more than magic round about because I never saw the magic round about its a bit before my time.

I saw a dr snuggles LP record last year and I wish I had got it. It brought back memories just seeing the pictures even though I wasnt a fan of the show its better than the rubbish thats on now.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
What's wrong with The Wild Thornberry's? That's way better than Dr. Snuggles.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
MJTaylor said:
What's wrong with The Wild Thornberry's? That's way better than Dr. Snuggles.
Am I missing something? I cant see where the wild thornberries are mentioned in any of the above posts so they werent included anyway!