The MARVELOUS Muppets: Four Plus Two Over Five

muppetwriter

Reaction score
First off, I challenge anyone to solve the equation set up in the title of this "MM" story. You'll be a little confused over what the answer has to do with the story, but it'll mean something by the end of it.:wink:

This is the F4/Muppets tale that I've been wanting to share with you all but never was able to put together. The original idea was to have the characters from Sesame Street be the main characters to interact with the Fantastic Four; but I said before starting on the first episode of "Sesame, DC" that SS characters belong in the DC universe (something that I recently discovered that I was wrong about).

So, even though the SS characters aren't in this story, they'll be appearing again in future "MARVELOUS Muppets" stories. I told our dear friend, The Count, that everyone can expect SS characters in the Spidey/Muppets stories that'll lead up to Spider-Man 3, since I'd already given them a place in the Marvel universe with the first Spidey/Muppets story that I wrote almost a year ago.:smile:

But, the main characters in this story will be Muppet characters that have made names for themselves through Muppets Tonight, as well as those we have known for the past years (such as Bunsen, Beaker, Gonzo, or Rizzo). Characters from W.I.T.C.H. will play cool roles in the story, and a few characters from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends will have cameos. There's a lot of stuff in the first chapter that's straight from the original F4/Muppets story that I tried to write, so if anything seems familiar, just know that this is somewhat of a rewrite.

Hope you enjoy.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Prologue

Things were more hectic at the KMUP station than usual, considering that the guests they were going to have on the next Muppets Tonight broadcast had canceled out at the last minute, due to an unforeseen situation. The new station was established in Manhattan, just a couple of months ago; it opened only a few blocks away from the Baxter Building, where scientist and inventor, Reed Richards (who was widely acknowledged as a super-genius and one of the most intelligent people on Earth), lived and invented. Richards was one of the guests they were going to have on the program, because of the most recent phenomenon that he was involved in with four other people, including KMUP’s own Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker.

Everyone at the station was desperately trying to find something for their next broadcast; but due to a fierce battle that was taking place outside, it was hard for any of them to concentrate on anything that moment. There were explosions and sounds of electricity sparkling through the atmosphere, and there were times when the lights in the station nearly went out. Clifford, who was losing all interest in the show and trying to focus on what was happening outside, couldn’t help but to occasionally stare out the window in his dressing room to see if Gonzo, Pepe, and Rizzo were anywhere near the station and far away from the battle.

“Man! This is gettin’ serious!” Clifford uttered, just as Sal Manilla and Johnny Fiama arrived in his room and stared out the window with him. “If the Fantastic Four aren’t gonna be here as our guests, then where the heck are they gonna be? ‘Cause they definitely ain’t outside!”

“Who cares about the Fantastic Four, Cliff?” Sal asked. “Who needs them, when you have the Johnny Fiama?”

“Sal, Sal, what are ya talkin’ about?” Johnny said. “There’s some metal guy in a green hood attackin’ just outside our station, you’re worried about the show? We could dealin’ with the end of the world here! In a few minutes, we just won’t have a show, we won’t even have a planet to perform it on!”

“Oh, come on, Johnny. We’ve been through worse than this.” Sal contradicted. “What about that thing in San Francisco with those mutants and that Hulk monster? O-Or what about deal with that Doctor Octopus guy a while back? Now, you gotta admit, that was a close one.”

“Well, how much closer are we gonna get, Sal?” Johnny asked. “I’m serious! This could be the end for the Muppets, New York, and the rest of the world!”

“Alright! Enough, Johnny!” Clifford shouted, and Sal immediately jumped in to defend his friend.

“Hey, hey, hey! You don’t tell Johnny Fiama when it’s enough!” Sal yelled. “Johnny Fiama tells you when it’s enough!”

“Does Johnny Fiama write his own paychecks?” Clifford asked, in a threatening manner, and Johnny quickly pushed Sal away from Clifford.

“Shut up! Just shut up, you stupid simian!” Johnny yelled, and as soon as they were all out of Clifford’s dressing room, the door to the elevator opened up and Gonzo, Pepe, and Rizzo stepped out. They were panting heavily, which would be understandable, considering the fact that they were trying to avoid the battle that was happening outside; their clothes were slightly torn apart and covered in dirt.

“Hey! Are you boys alright?” Clifford asked. “What were you doing out there?”

“Lookin’ for Lemonhead and Carrot Top, h’okay.” Pepe replied, and Clifford was a little confused.

“What’re you three doin’ lookin’ for fruit snacks and a celebrity that no longer has a future in Hollywood at a time like this?!?!” Clifford exclaimed.

“No, no, he means Bunsen and Beaker.” Gonzo told Clifford, who was even more puzzled than before. “We thought they would be in the Baxter Building with the rest of the Fantastic Four, who aren’t so fantastic right now.”

“What do you mean?” Clifford asked. “Where are the Fantastic Four? Where are Bunsen and Beaker? And, for that matter, where are Mulch and Dr. Phil van Neuter?” Before Gonzo, Rizzo, or Pepe could answer all of Clifford’s questions, Nigel the Director arrived at the scene and frantically started pulling Clifford away from Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe.

“Cliff! Cliff! C’mon! C’mon!” Nigel yelled. “We’re on in about two minutes!!”

“Hey, man, forget about the show. Alright?” Clifford said. “I’ve got a fight goin’ on outside and four of my staff members are missing. Do I really look like I want to do a show right now? Besides, who’s gonna watch with all of that rioting happening outside?”

“Fine! Fine! Fine!” Nigel screamed. “We’ll show repeats of the Vincent Price episode of The Muppet Show! I hope you’re happy!!” As Nigel ran off, Clifford just shook his aching head in despair.

“Just go on and do the show, Clifford.” Gonzo said. “We’ll worry about Bunsen, Beaker, Phil, and Mulch.” Clifford couldn’t believe what he was hearing; everyone was worrying about the show more than what was happening outside, except for him. He also couldn’t believe three bizarre characters like Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe were going to tend to four equally bizarre characters like Bunsen, Beaker, Mulch, and Dr. Phil van Neuter.

“I can’t do a show now, man!!” Clifford yelled. “Especially now I’ve got this really bad headache!!”

“Oh, I know the perfect way to get rid of those, h’okay.” Pepe said. “Go to the nearest wall you can find, set yourself upside down next to it, and let all of that blood rush down to your head, h’okay.” Just thinking about that idea made Clifford’s head hurt even worse.

“How ‘bout I just go take an aspirin and pretend like I didn’t hear you suggest that?” Clifford said, just before he headed back to his dressing room.

“Sí. Aspirins could work, too.” Pepe said, as Rizzo turned to Gonzo, looking a bit peeved about the situation they’re in.

“Well, Mr. Former-Member-of-da-X-Men!” Rizzo told Gonzo. “How do you plan on gettin’ our friends from Muppet Labs out of da situation dey’re in?”

“You really think that just because I was a member of the X-Men that I have a plan to get Bunsen, Beaker, and what used to be the Fantastic Four out of their situation?” Gonzo asked. “I don’t have the slightest idea how to save them, Rizzo!”

“But you have to have a plan, h’okay.” Pepe said. “You just told Mr. Dreadlocks back there that you’d take care of this.”

“I just said that to calm him down.” Gonzo said. “He’s already got enough to worry about; he doesn’t need to know what Dr. Phil and Mulch have done.”

“What’s up with those two?” Rizzo asked. “Why would dey go off and do somethin’ like that?” Gonzo wanted so desperately to give Rizzo a good answer for his question, but he was more baffled than the rat and the king prawn were put together. It was only a short while ago when the three of them were inside the Baxter Building, where the Fantastic Four were that moment in time with Bunsen, Beaker, Mulch, and Phil van Neuter.

“The situation’s looking hopeless, guys.” Gonzo said, miserably. “I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one.” And it was at that moment when the elevator door opened again, allowing Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker themselves to rush out of the elevator and bump right into Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe. Just like the whatever and his two buddies, Bunsen and Beaker looked as if they had just escaped from a life-threatening situation. Their clothes were ripped up to the point where anyone could make out some blue fabric that they were wearing underneath.

“Hoy! Creo yo apenas quebrado algo!” Pepe exclaimed.

“Hey! Why da heck don’t ya watch where ya…?!” Rizzo yelled, but he stopped once he realized that he was face-to-face with a petrified and cautious Bunsen and Beaker. “Youse guys made it?! I don’t believe it!”

“Y-Y-Yes, w-we have.” Bunsen said, looking around while Beaker was clinging onto to him. “N-N-Now if you’ll excuse us, we must g-get to our l-l-lab.”

“Wait a minute.” Gonzo said. “What happened to the Not-So-Fantastic Four?”

“Phil and Mulch still have them trapped in the Baxter Building!” Bunsen said. “The only way we can get them back to normal is by using…Oh, never mind! Beaker and I are wasting valuable time here! We must get to the lab!”

“But…” Gonzo uttered, and before he could’ve said something, Bunsen and Beaker had already disappeared down the hall. Once they were gone, the old-fashioned phone that hung on the wall near Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe started ringing. Curious as to who it might’ve been, Gonzo went up and answered it. “Hello?”

Gonzo!” screamed a panicked voice that Gonzo instantly recognized. “Have you seen him? I-Is he there?! WHERE IS HE?!?!

“Whoa! Whoa!” Gonzo shouted over the caller’s screaming. “Calm down, Fozzie. Who are you talking about? Where is who?”

Robin!!!” Fozzie yelled. “He disappeared as soon as Kermit, Piggy, and I came back from looking over that new boarding house we’re buying! We’ve been looking all over for him! WE CAN’T FIND HIM!!!

“Just relax, Fozzie.” Gonzo said. “He must’ve gone someplace that was obviously important to him. Has he expressed any interest in any places that he has been to recently?”

Just that Baxter Building place near where you are right now. But isn’t that where the Fantastic Four live? I know Robin said that he’s just been itchin’ to meet those guys, but Kermit can’t find the right time to take him to see them, with our whole resigning from the Daily Bugle and starting this new show of ours. That reminds me, Gonzo, has Clifford turned in his application papers yet?” Fozzie asked, and when he didn’t hear Gonzo reply over the phone, he got a little nervous. “Gonzo? Gonzo? GONZO?!?!” Unbeknownst to Fozzie, as soon as he mentioned about Robin possibly being in the Baxter Building, Gonzo had immediately exited the building with Pepe and Rizzo, leaving the receiver dangling in the air, with Fozzie’s panicked voice still screaming through it.

The MARVELOUS Muppets
Presents
"Four Plus Two Over Five"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't dare me to something like that buddy... You'll go down harder and faster than, well, it won't be pretty.

BTW: 1 and one-fifth is the answer to your question.
Loved this... And if Robin's in any kind of mess in the center of the action, that's a surefire recipe to draw in some of the other avid readers here on the boards, especially Lisa aka the Queen of Fanfiction (and nagging as well).

So much here, so I'll try to go over the highlights.
The line "Does the Johnny Fiama sign his own paychecks?"
Funny. You've kept their personas intact and just as they should be, even Sal jumping out to defend/argue on Johnny's behalf.

Pepe's dialogue is good... Though maybe ju should reads thru some of de others stories with him to get a feel of how is speakin should come thru, hokay?
Especially Ryan's or maybe some of the other guys.

Beaker and even Bunsen are frightened. Now that's chilling.
And the references to Fozzie and Kermit and Piggy buying a new boarding house...

Oy, this is a great chapter and a hexcellent start... Post more soon!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
You've nearly ripped out my heart MW! Robin...in the Baxter Building! Oh!! I hope the little guys alright!

I love the idea of them just now buying the boarding house, and Nigel having to do a replay of the Vincent Price ep. XD

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Count.:smile: Thanks, Renee.:wink:

I really want to get this one right, so if it seems like I'm taking forever to get chapters done, don't worry because I'm brainstorming and fighting through that writer's block to get it done.

And I will work on Pepe's dialogue as I progress through the story. I think I've mastered Rizzo's dialogue (it's almost close to Ben Grimm's); but Pepe's will be a challenge. I might just do what Tim Story did with Victor Von Doom's accent in the F4 movie and play with it every now and then. Speaking of which, if you go back and watch the movie, you'll see in a couple of scenes that Doom's sort of speaking in his famous Latverian (sp?) accent.:big_grin:

Anyway, more story to come hopefully within the next few hours or so.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter One

Three Weeks Earlier

Everyone in Manhattan was tuning in to a special Friday afternoon broadcast of the launching of a shuttle that was happening at Alkali Lake. The sleek space shuttle stuck out from the facility that it would be launched from; it was all owned and funded by Von Doom Industries, the multinational business founded by Victor Von Doom, a billionaire industrialist. He was launching the spacecraft with his own operational crew of scientists/pilots; the mission was to observe clouds of cosmic energy in space. The crew involved Drs. Reed Richards and Sue Storm, along with Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm.

Along with Reed, Susan, Johnny, Ben, and Doom were Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker; they were both involved in Victor Von Doom’s Department of Scientific Research and close friends of Reed Richards and Sue Storm, who were the ones that insisted in bringing them along in their journey for their great intelligence and expertise. That, of course, made a fellow scientist of Bunsen’s and Beaker’s truly discouraged; his name was Dr. Philip van Neuter, who was also involved in Von Doom’s Department of Scientific Research and a huge fan of Victor Von Doom. The only reason Phil van Neuter wanted the job was to one day be a part of Doom’s space exploration; but finding out that the opportunity was going to Bunsen and Beaker, he couldn’t help but to feel extremely jealous.

Inside the KMUP station, the disappointed Phil and his assistant, Mulch, both watched the broadcast of the launch from a broom closet on a portable, colorless television set. They didn’t want to be associated with the rest of the station’s crew, who they knew would talk endlessly about Bunsen and Beaker involvement with what they dubbed as the “biggest experiment in the history of Muppet Labs” and how proud they were of them. And that was exactly what they were doing as they watched the broadcast, while Phil was poking fun at the broadcast and complaining about how his career as a scientist was over now that Bunsen and Beaker were going to be “the first Muppet scientists to observe cosmic clouds.”

The only KMUP employee that wasn’t in the station with the other crew members at the time of the broadcast was Clifford, who had gone to be interviewed by J. Jonah Jameson for a new job as investigative journalist (a field that former employee Gonzo the Great had been keeping for nearly twenty-five years with Kermit and Fozzie, who had been keeping it longer than that). He was in hopes of replacing Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy, who were all planning on leaving the Daily Bugle to focus on returning their old 1984 act, Manhattan Melodies, to Broadway. The idea had crossed Kermit’s mind when Mary-Jane Watson approached him one day at Pete’s Diner and told him that if he did bring back Manhattan Melodies, she would be happy to accept a part in it. Because of her offer, Kermit had been spending a lot of time developing a new story that would include a human character perfect enough for Mary-Jane.

While Clifford was waiting for his interview nearby J. Jonah Jameson’s office with Frankie Foster from Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends (who was aiming for the position of photographer), the two together watched a nearby television set that hung overhead, depicting the space shuttle that was only minutes away from being launched into space. A Muppet newscaster from the KMUP station with black horn-rimmed glasses and wearing a loud checkered sportcoat was at the scene, reporting the big news story for KMUP audiences in front of a video camera that was operated by Pepe the King Prawn. They were both broadcasting in front of the crowd of onlookers, which were all at a safe distance from the space shuttle’s launch pad.

The Muppet newsman began his broadcast with his usual opening, “And now for a…

Hold it. Hold it, Mr. Newsman. Lemme check if you’re on the air, h’okay?” Pepe said, and everyone who was tuning in was treated to a shot of Pepe’s orange feet, as the king prawn checked to see if the camera was on. “Now you’re on the air, h’okay.” The camera went back to the frustrated Muppet newsman, who once again tried to begin the broadcast with the usual opening.

And now for a Muppet newsflash!” He exclaimed. “We are here at Von Doom’s launch facility near Alkali Lake, awaiting the launch of Victor Von Doom’s magnificent space shuttle, which will carry a team of research scientists and expert pilots to observe cosmic-radiated clouds in deep space.” The newsman’s broadcast was soon interrupted by Pepe, who seemed to be fascinated by the news story; without realizing it, he aimed the camera away from the newsman’s face and towards his feet, showing the audience how dark and light gray dog was sniffing them.

What was that jou said?” Pepe asked.

Cosmic-radiated clouds.” The newsman replied, and Pepe chuckled.

I’d hate to be up there with those pobrecitos when they get near all that radiation, h’okay.” The newsman’s patience began to grow thin, especially when he finally took notice of the dog that was sniffing his feet.

Shoo, doggy! Those are brand new!” The newsman yelled, just as the dog’s owner, an enthusiastic, elderly man wearing a bright lab coat, arrived at the scene and started pulling on the dog’s leash. While that was happening, Pepe had brought up the camera and focused back on the faces of the newsman and the dog’s owner.

Sprocket! What are you doing, boy?” The man said. “Don’t mess with that newsman, while he’s giving a report.” The dog named Sprocket stopped sniffing the newsman’s shoes and returned to his owner’s side, as his owner focused his attention on the newsman. “I’m really sorry about that, sir. He’s always so curious about people’s shoes for some strange reason.

Oh, that’s alright.” The newsman said. “But, uh, since you’re here, sir, can you tell us about your involvement in this special launch?” The elderly man couldn’t have been more excited when asked that question.

Oh, I’d be happy to.” He said. “My name is Jerome Christian, by the way; but my friends at the Department know me as ‘Doc’. And I was the one who invented the special rocket fuel that will power the shuttle that our explorers will be flying to the space station in. It’s bound to give them the kick they need to get there in less than two hours.

That is very impressive, Dr. Christian.” The newsman remarked. “Do you personally know the scientists involved in the experiment?

Yes, I have worked with Drs. Richard and Storm for some time now.” Doc stated. “They look up to me like a mentor. And I have taught them everything that I know, even though Reed Richards—my personal favorite scientist—knew just about everything before I’d ever met him.” To hear Doc say that made Phil van Neuter a thousand times more jealous; Jerome Crystal was another scientific figure that he looked up to, while working in Von Doom’s Department.

Well, I appreciate your time to give us some insight on the launch, Dr. Christian.” The newsman said, turning back to the camera. “Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Victor Von Doom has personally hired the members of his team of researchers to go with him on his quest amongst the cosmos, in search for the magnificent clouds they seek.” Again, Pepe interrupted the newsman’s broadcast.

Oy muchacho! That was deep, h’okay!

Will you please not interrupt me?!?!

Alright. Alright. Just speaking out my opinions, h’okay.” Again, Pepe focused the video camera on the newsman, who continued with his story.

Von Doom’s research team includes Reed Richards, Susan and Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm,” He stated, “As well as the two independent scientists from the Muppet Labs facility in Victor Von Doom’s Department of Scientific Research, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker.

Ugh, these people are really in trouble then, h’okay.” murmured Pepe, as the Muppet newsman revealed a walkie-talkie from underneath his sportcoat.

With me now, via walkie-talkie, is Bunsen Honeydew, who is in preparation for his mission with Richards, Grimm, and the Storms at this moment in time.” The Muppet newsman then spoke into the walkie-talkie, contacting Bunsen Honeydew. “Come in, Dr. Honeydew. Do you read me?” Inside the facility’s locker room, Bunsen Honeydew was with Beaker, Reed, and Ben, as they were all unpacking their gear into their lockers.

“Yes, I read you loud and clear.” He remarked. “We are now inside the locker room, taking off our clothes and…”

Hey, hey, companero!” said Pepe, over Bunsen’s walkie-talkie. “This is live television, h’okay. So, unless there are beautiful, sexy women in that locker room, keep jour descriptions to jourself, h’okay?

“Oh, sorry.” Bunsen said, bashfully. “But it is an exciting moment for the seven of us, being only an hour away from our takeoff from Earth and into the skies above, in our mission to study a cosmic field that might hopefully enhance our planet’s evolution.”

Enhance the evolution?” Pepe said, highly interested in the concept.

Will you please keep quiet?!?!” The newsman demanded.

No, no! I wanna hear this, h’okay.” Pepe said. “Hey, Honeybuns! Did jou say that this cosmic field will speed up the evolution? Hehe! So, if I wanted to go from a king prawn to Enrique Iglesias, jou can make it happen?” Bunsen pondered over the scientific possibility of that, before he gave a legit answer.

“Well, I…I suppose we can make it happen.” Bunsen responded, just before loud, insane laughter blared over the walkie-talkie.

I’LL NEVER BE DITCHED AGAIN, H’OKAY!!!!” shouted Pepe, and just as Bunsen was about to talk some more into the walkie-talkie…

“Captain on the bridge!” A voice exclaimed, and Ben went to attention on reflex, while Johnny Storm snapped a picture with a digital camera. He then advanced as Ben realized who it really was. “Digital camera: 254 dollars. Memory stick: 59 dollars. The look on your hard-as-nails former CO’s grill when he finds out he’s your junior officer: priceless.”

Ben eyeballed Johnny and suddenly reached up as if to grab him; Johnny flinched and so did Beaker, who knew about the uneasy relationship between Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm and didn’t want to see anyone (including himself) get injured before the mission began. But Ben just reached for Johnny’s zipper, adjusting his uniform.

“I can handle the ship. I can even handle Mr. Blonde Ambition.” Ben uttered. “But I don’t know if I should be flying or playing Vegas in these suits.”

“Mee mee meeping, mee mee.” said Beaker, and Bunsen (as usual) translated for him.

“Beaker says that they’re just for flying, Benjamin.” Bunsen said.

“Well, I don’t get why it’s so important that I should wear it while flying.” Ben said. “I mean, who the heck came up with them?”

“Bunsen did himself.” A strong, feminine voice said, and the men turned their attention towards the entrance, where Susan Storm entered, wearing her blue, wetsuit-like uniform and carrying a stack of flight suits, handing them out to the guys. “The synthetics act as a second skin, adapting to your individual needs to…”

“Keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool.” Bunsen interjected.

“Meep! Meep!” exclaimed Beaker, as Johnny turned to the both of them, smiling and winking.

“Exactly.” He said, while Reed stared at Sue in the skintight outfit.

“Wow. Fantastic.” He said, and Sue wondered and maybe hoped that he was actually checking her out. But her hopes were crushed, once she noticed how Reed was instead analyzing the outfit itself. “Material made from self-regulating unstable molecules. I’ve been working on a formula for this.”

“As have I, Dr. Richards.” Bunsen said. “That is why Victor Von Doom had personally set us up as the designers and developers of these fantastic suits that we shall wear in our voyage in space.”

“Meep. Meep. Meep. Meep. Meep.” uttered Beaker, as he tore open his shirt like Superman and revealed the exact uniform that Sue was wearing, which was hidden beneath his usual clothes.

“And I see that Beaker has been wearing his suit for some time now.” Bunsen indicated, while Beaker sniffed his suit a little and realized that there was no odor to it.

“Meep. Meep. Meep.” Beaker said.

“Yes, Beaker. That is one of the key essentials to our uniforms.” Bunsen stated. “All of us can go days without bathing, and we will still be clean as a button, thanks to the uniform’s immunity to body odor or sweat stains.”

“Yeah, we’ll smell like roses with the suits on,” Johnny commented, “But once they’re off…well…let’s just say that I don’t wanna be standin’ near Ben anytime soon.” Ben glared at Johnny over his comment, as he continued to dress himself in readiness for the mission.

“I guess great minds think alike.” Sue uttered, referring to the intelligence level between Reed and Bunsen; she was still disappointed in Reed’s failure to notice her.

“Guess some think faster than others.” Another voice said, and that time it was more masculine and powerful. Everyone turned to see Victor Von Doom himself as he entered, wearing his custom-tailored flight suit. “I owe Dr. Honeydew a great deal for designing the pattern. These colors will look great on camera.” The mentioning of a camera reminded Bunsen that he still had the Muppet newsman on hold over the walkie-talkie.

Back inside the broom closet at the KMUP station, Dr. Phil van Neuter (and everyone else in America) heard the conversation between Bunsen and his companions over the walkie-talkie, including the comment Victor Von Doom made about owing Bunsen a great deal for the uniform’s design. That was what made Phil extra upset, as the literally mad scientist stood up and shut off the television set. While he was storming out of the closet, Mulch turned the television set back on, just in time to heard Bunsen’s voice come over the newsman’s walkie-talkie.

Right now, Victor Von Doom has entered our locker room.” Bunsen said. “He is the man who is funding our…” Before Bunsen could’ve finished his description of the incident over the walkie-talkie, Victor walked over to him and took the walkie-talkie out of his hands, shutting it off afterwards. That confused both the Muppet newsman and Pepe (who was still focusing the camera on him), though the newsman didn’t let it interfere with his broadcast.

Well, it seems we’ve lost radio contact with Dr. Honeydew,” The newsman said, “But we’ll be sure to keep you updated on the events to come, as our daring explorers go into space and make one of the greatest discoveries that humanity has been waiting for. This has been a Muppet newsflash!” The image of the newsman then went away to focus on the cameraman, Pepe, who had a big grin on his face.

And this is Pepe, soon-to-be the fabulous Enrique Iglesias, h’okay!” He said, chuckling as they went off the air.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Lots of good stuff there.

First and foremost, this looks to be a much better stable and setup storyline. The promise is there, and the characters are flowing from one franchise
to the other as we've come to expect in your tales.
Truly hope this one gets finished.

The Newsman and Pepe's interaction was a good idea, the humor coming through.
Rully liked Doc and Sprocket showing up, though his name is "Jerome Christian" not "Crystal" as you posted above for future reference.
It's also clever how all the Muppet characters have worked together in Von Doom industries, reinforcing their Muppet familial bonds/ties.
Liked how you portray Van Nueter as being jealous of Bunsen, Doc, and the comment Von Doom made thanking Bunsen... Lends creedence/possibility to developing him into the villainous sidekick mentioned in the prologue. Also thought it was funny and keeping in character that Mulch turned the TV in the broom closet back on after Van Neuter stormed out.

Looking forward to more, post when you can.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Count.

But I guess I've got to stop trusting what I read on Muppet Wiki's site, because they say that Doc's real name is Jerome Crystal, thus allowing there to be a spoof to the title of a popular Henson movie, with the name "Doc Crystal."

But I'll stick with "Christian", which is pretty close to "Crystal.":smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Know what you mean. Been dipping into the Muppet Wica well meself, gathering all manner of characters for the list they have there that I just don't rully know, both from US and international versions.
What I'll do is probably wait until Monday when Season 37 starts up and hope my sources are back in full force. Then I'll post som ethreads in the Sesame Street section and try to sort through as much of it as I can, better to just gather and double-check with trusted sources.
Hope this helps.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Two

Four Days Later

And now for a Muppet newsflash!” said the newsman, as he was broadcasted over several television sets in America, while sitting near someplace that almost felt like home to him: his desk on set. “Yesterday morning, Victor Von Doom and his team of researchers had blasted off into deep space to study a cosmic storm that was forming in…in…” The Muppet newsman seemed to have lost the next page of his notes. The news was so urgent that someone had forgotten to give him all of his notes before they went on the air. He began searching for it, until Pepe appeared on the television screen and set the next page on the desk in front of the aggravated newsman. “Thank you.

Jou’re welcome, h’okay.” Pepe uttered, and he turned towards the camera, smiling and chuckling as he walked off the stage and left the newsman to continue his broadcast.

…in space.” He said, and he was a little surprised of how brief the notes on the page were. Looking on the front and back, he realized that “in space” were the only two words on the sheet. “Is…Is that it? That’s all I was supposed to read? Good grief! I could’ve stayed home and watched this channel, instead of being on it! Ugh!” The Muppet newsman threw the paper up into the air and moved off the stage, leaving the camera videotaping only an empty set. Then, Pepe’s head came into view, looking around to see if the newsman had completely disappeared, and he afterwards chuckled in a scheming way.

Hola, jou fabulous people out there in television land, h’okay.” Pepe said. “My name is Pepe, and I am one of the sexiest king prawns jou will ever see on television, h’okay.” He started modeling in front of the camera, as if he was doing a photo-shoot, and then he swung his body left and right, singing. “Till everything burns, While every one screams, Burning their lies, Burning my dreams! All of this hate, And all of this pain! I’ll burn it all down, As my anger reigns, Till everything burns!” He stopped singing for a moment and looked straight into the camera, with a seducing look on his face. “Anastacia…if jou are watching this…I want jou, h’okay! I want jou to be my wife and live with me for eternity, h’okay! Oh! Oh, Anastacia! It burns! IT BURNS, H’OKAY!!!

---------------------

Word had gotten around very quickly about Von Doom’s failed experiment, which was evidently putting a bad reputation in his name as a businessman and scientist. The broadcasters of KMUP were lucky enough to be the first ones on the story, though a few crew members questioned their luck, especially considering that their own Dr. Phil van Neuter had ties with Von Doom. Knowing the bad attitude he’s been having over the past four days, they were cautious not to say anything negative; otherwise, it was their jobs.

On the same day KMUP had broadcasted the news about the experiment being a failure, the Guardians of the Infinite Dimensions (Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Taranee Cook, Cornelia Hale, and Hay Lin—also known as “W.I.T.C.H.”) had watched the update on a television set in the Silver Dragon’s kitchen. After watching Pepe being shooed away from the set by Nigel the Director, Will used her special power of communicating with electrical appliances to ask the television set to switch to another channel.

I do have fifty-four of them, you know.” The set told her, just before acknowledged Will’s request and switched to another station that was going into more detail about Von Doom’s experimental disaster in space, mentioning names of the people that were involved, what the cause of the disaster was, how it could have been prevented, and what will happen to Doom next. The girls were paying close attention to the details, until they hear a ringing sound, which signified that someone had just entered the restaurant.

“We have customers!” exclaimed the excited Hay Lin, and as she dashed out of the kitchen with a notebook and pencil in hand, Irma gave her a strange expression.

“Why is that girl so stoked, every time someone comes into this place?” She said. “You think she’d never served a customer before.” Will chuckled a little, putting her left hand on Irma’s right shoulder.

“Just be happy that we’re all ourselves again, Irma.” Will said. “I’m still having weird dreams about these small furry creatures that are no more than twenty-two inches tall, and this freaky-looking, blonde-haired guy that looks like some rock star reject.”

“I’ve been havin’ those same type of dreams.” Taranee said. “Except mine are in more detail, such as all of us getting at each other’s throats and declaring our jobs as guardians and our friendship all over.”

“That wasn’t a dream.” Irma said. “That just happened last week, when we went on vacation with my parents and annoying little brother.”

“Oh, right.” Taranee said, but when she thought more about it, she was quick to contradict Irma. “But, wait! I don’t remember Will ever destroying the Heart of Candracar after we fought.” The eyes of Will, Irma, and Cornelia widened, as they realized that Taranee’s dream was a close resemblance to theirs. Will pulled the Heart out from beneath her shirt and held up it, allowing it to glow brightly in their eyes.

“Could it be just another trick from that old woman?” Cornelia asked.

“The old woman was nowhere in the dreams that we’ve been having as of late.” Will said. “Only those furry creatures, that blonde-haired man….and not to mention….”

“GONZO!!!” Hay Lin screamed, from outside the kitchen, and when the other girls heard that name, they dashed out of the kitchen and into the dining area, where Gonzo and Rizzo were sitting at one of the tables, both being greeted by an enthusiastic Hay Lin. “How’re you doing, old buddy? It’s so good to see you! The last time we saw you, we were on the roof of the Statue of Liberty, kicking Magneto’s butt!”

“It’s good to see you, too.” Gonzo told Hay Lin, while the impatient Rizzo was gawking at the menu.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. It’s good ta see everybody.” Rizzo said. “Can we please get somethin’ to eat here?” As Hay Lin took Rizzo’s order, the other girls approached their table and just stared at Gonzo for the longest time; each of them recalled how Gonzo fought against Magneto for a second time, only they weren’t helping him. Instead, they were standing right by the side of Magneto, as well as the blonde-haired man that Will kept referring to. “Man, I don’t know what I just ordered, but it’s sounds real good.”

“We can’t stay long, Rizzo.” Gonzo said. “We’ve got to get to the hospital that they’re keeping Bunsen, Beaker, and some of those other people that were involved in the failed experiment in as soon as possible.”

“Have you gotten any word on what they’re condition is?” Will asked, taking a seat next to the weirdo and his rat companion.

“None.” Gonzo replied. “The hospital is personally owned and established by Victor Von Doom, which means that it’s guarded really tight and no reporter can be allowed in.”

“But you guys aren’t reporters.” Hay Lin uttered, and hearing that remark come out of her mouth made Gonzo feel a little disappointed, as he remembered the job that he had at the Daily Bugle with Kermit and Fozzie, before Piggy came in and filled his spot.

“At least, in my case, not anymore.” Gonzo said, and once Hay Lin realized what she said, she immediately comforted the whatever.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Gonz.” Hay Lin said. “I didn’t mean it that way. I just meant…”

“It’s okay, Hay Lin. I know what you meant.” Gonzo said, with a smile. “I’m just glad that I was able to retain my old job at the KMUP station. If I didn’t have that, who knows where I’d be.”

“You could’ve always applied for a job here at the Silver Dragon.” Hay Lin said. “You get free eats after the hour.”

“I should be gettin’ free eats for da delay of da food that I just ordered!” Rizzo exclaimed, angrily. “Could you just go back dere and get my food, Hay Stack?!”

“It’s Hay Lin,” She said, trying not to appear angry, “And your meal’s comin’ right up.” And as she headed back to the kitchen, she quietly added, “If I weren’t so nice, I’d add some of that ‘special’ sauce with it.”

“Jeez! Remind me never ta come back ta dis place!” Rizzo complained, and the other girls shot him with dirty looks that he quickly noticed. “Is dere a problem?”

“As a matter of fact, there is…and we’re looking at it right now.” Irma said.

“Well, excuse me for bein’ hungry.” Rizzo said. “I deserve a good meal from dis place, after I helped youse guys defeat dat Magneto jerk.”

“Technically, it wasn’t you that helped us.” Cornelia contradicted. “It was a six-foot Russian with hard metal skin and strength like the Hulk.”

“But I was in control afterta dat telekinetic woman lost track of our subconscious.” Rizzo indicated. “And since I was in control, dat means I mentally did everything I could to help youse defeat Magneto and his gang. So, I should be gettin’ a free meal because of dat.” Gonzo and the girls just stared at Rizzo blankly.

“I’m not even gonna try to make sense out of that.” Irma said, just as Hay Lin stepped out of the kitchen again and rushed up to the group.

“Hey, guys! They’ve got Victor Von Doom live on television now!” She exclaimed, and they all rushed back to the kitchen to see a press conference with Victor Von Doom that was held outside his hospital facility. He looked worse for wear, with a few hairs out of place and a small bandage on his face.

“And to think, I thought he was cuter on television.” Cornelia said, and Irma shushed her (which angered Cornelia a little), in order for them to hear the press conference.

You’ve been accused in the past of moving science a little too fast…” A reporter stated.

Accused by whom?” Victor asked. “My competitors?

But surely this accident gives you pause…” Another reporter said.

Danger is always part of discovery.” Victor contradicted. “What would have happened if Ben Franklin never went out in a storm? Without risk, there’s no reward.” The W.I.T.C.H. girls and Gonzo shook their heads over the comments that Victor was making.

“He sure is quite the daredevil.” Will said, and she smiled at Gonzo. “No offense, of course.”

“None taken.” Gonzo said. “I would’ve thought of it as a reference to the actual superhero.”

“You’ve got the ‘devil’ part right, Will.” Taranee said. “And he’s obviously daring to be a complete fool.” Irma again shushed the others, frustrating Cornelia even more.

“Alright, do that one more time, and I’m gonna levitate your lips right off your face!” She exclaimed, and they all kept silent (not just because Irma told them to) as they listened to more of the conference.

So where’s the reward? You promised a cure-all.” A third reporter stated, and Victor paused for a moment before answering.

And you’ll have it.” He said. “I’ve never come up short. And I’m not going to start now.

So you’re still taking V.D.I. public?” A reporter asked.

Yes, of course.” Victor replied. “I’ve never been more confident in the…

“I think I heard just about enough of that man.” Will said, and she spoke directly to the television set. “Could you mute yourself please?”

With pleasure.” The set acknowledged. “His voice is breaking up my speakers.” As the television set muted itself, the group spoke out their thoughts and opinions on what they’d been hearing.

“What about the research team?” Taranee asked. “I mean, wasn’t Dr. Richards the one responsible for the whole experiment?”

“He is.” Gonzo said. “Only it’s Victor Von Doom that’s taking more of the credit and not Reed Richards.”

“Dr. Richards ought to consider himself lucky that he isn’t getting the credit now.” Will indicated. “Because there’s a lot of heat against Victor Von Doom, after he let the whole experiment hit rock bottom.”

“Tell me about it.” Gonzo said. “I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed Pepe is about this.”

“What should that shrimp care?” Irma said, seeming to be a little upset over the subject of Pepe the King Prawn. “All that matters to him are hot chicks and hot chicks in lingerie. Do you realize how freaky that little Muppet is? He’s been sending me several letters in the mail, asking me what I’m doing tonight and how tight my butt looks in my jeans! I swear, if he doesn’t stop, I’m calling John Walsh and the FOX network.”

“Well, he was hoping that this experiment would lead to him becoming an exact duplicate of Enrique Iglesias.” Gonzo said, and Irma just gave him a bizarre look.

“Okay…you see, that’s exactly the weird stuff that I’m talking about.” She remarked. “That shrimp needs help, and he needs it bad!”

“Well, Bunsen and Beaker need more help than he does.” Gonzo said, looking at his wristwatch. “We really need to get going, before visiting hours are up…that is, if they even have visiting hours.”

“We’ll come with you, G-Man.” Will said. “We’re their friends, too.”

“Besides, you’re gonna need our powers to get you past the personnel.” Irma added, and Gonzo smiled, knowing that things were going to be like the way they were months ago, during the “X-Muppet incident.”

“The hospital somewhere close to Westchester.” Gonzo said. “It should take only an hour to get there.”

“Well, let’s get movin’.” Will said.

“Okay.” Gonzo said, and he looked around for Rizzo. “Ya ready, Riz?” As they all looked around the kitchen for the rat, they noticed how much of the food inside had quickly vanished. The girls were baffled over the disappearance of some of the Dragon’s most fabulous meals; however, Gonzo knew right off where it went. “RIZZO!!!” At that moment, one of the cabinet doors flew open and revealed an overweight Rizzo sitting there, with crumbs all over his jacket and fur.

“I can’t believe I ate da whole thing.” Rizzo said. “In case you didn’t get da joke, I’m requestin’ some Alka-Seltzer over here.”

END OF CHAPTER TWO