The MARVELOUS Muppets: Web of Heroes

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, True MC Believers!!:big_grin:

This is the sequel to the Spidey/Muppets story that I did back when I was just a typical newbie on the MC. One thing that we can be certain about in this tale is that neither the Thomas siblings, the Sesame Street gang, nor Norman Osborn will be in this sequel. We can be certain about them, because 1) the Thomas siblings had left Manhattan and the Daily Bugle at the end of the first story, 2) Norman Osborn died in his fierce battle with Spider-Man in the last story, and 3) the Sesame Street gang already have a date with the Man of Steel.

However, things have changed dramatically in events that have taken place between the first story and this one. Here's are the characters that will be in "Web of Heroes":

Kermit the Frog
Peter Parker (a.k.a. "Spider-Man")
Mary Jane Watson
Fozzie Bear
J. Jonah Jameson
Pops
Miss Piggy (returning from San Francisco)
Dr. Otto Octavius (a.k.a. "Doc Ock")
Harry Osborn
John Jameson (J.J.'s son)
Mickey Mouse
W.I.T.C.H. (Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin)
Caleb
Blunk (possibly)
Aunt May Parker
Jenny
Pete
Nick Holiday
Rizzo the Rat (returning from San Francisco)
Rosalie Octavius (Dr. Octavius's wife)
Dr. Curt Connors
Robbie Robertson
Betty Brant
Rowlf the Dog
Statler and Waldorf
Beauregard
Swedish Chef
The Muppet Newsman
Sam the Eagle
Camilla the Chicken
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Goofy
Pluto
Daisy Duck
...and Norman Osborn & Uncle Ben Parker (appearing through flashbacks/hallucinations)

There are a lot of Disney characters whose names I won't include on the list, because I'm still not certain whether I'll be putting them in the story or not.

Here's the plot:

Things haven't exactly been going okay for the Happiness Hotel, because someone is foreclosing the worn-out building. While Kermit and Fozzie are trying to figure out who it might be, their kind photographer friend, Peter Parker, is having a few problems of his own. Not only is he juggling with the job of being a photographer, an employee at Pete's Diner, and the famous (as well as infamous) web-slinger known to the world as Spider-Man, he's been trying to keep a steady friendship with Harry Osborn and still be there "as a friend" for Mary Jane Watson, who has gotten great publicity at Mickey Mouse's popular nightclub, the House of Mouse, as a singer.

And just when you thought Parker and the Muppets were the only ones having problems, Mickey Mouse has been trying to become a superhero called "The Sorcerer", believing Spider-Man could use some assistance when it comes to taking down the bad guys. This gimmick is not suiting well with his friends, who believe it will ruin his reputation and possibly put the House of Mouse out of business. Meanwhile, the W.I.T.C.H. girls are also taking a shot at being crime-fighters after their incident on Liberty Island, a few months ago. But they'll soon find that working under the same light with Spider-Man and "The Sorcerer" won't be all that it's cracked up to be.

Some of the residents of the Happiness Hotel have left for San Francisco to help the Muppets patch things up there, after the incident involving Scooter Grosse. However, one Happiness Hotel resident named Gonzo the Great has not left for San Francisco, but for some other place. Without notifying the others, especially his girlfriend Camilla, Gonzo has been declared missing, as well as fired by J. Jonah Jameson from his position as Daily Bugle reporter.

Where is Gonzo? Who is foreclosing the Happiness Hotel? Will Mickey Mouse pull off his superhero gig? Will Peter Parker ever tell Mary Jane how he feels? Will Harry Osborn ever get through the grief of losing his father to a hero that he now declares as his enemy? And will Spider-Man, W.I.T.C.H., and Mickey Mouse (as "The Sorcerer") ever stop the new threat that has come to NYC, the horrbile Doc Ock?

Find out the answers to these questions and discover a twist that will change the course of the "Marvelous Muppets" series in this upcoming tale.:smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I simply cannot WAIT to read this new story as it unfolds! It sounds thrilling!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I forgot to mention a couple more Muppet characters that'll be in this one.:smile:

Robin the Frog
and
Pepe the King Prawn

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I simply cannot WAIT to read this new story as it unfolds! It sounds thrilling!!
I can't wait to get started on writing it.:wink:

And speaking of waiting, I might wait a little longer 'til I start on the Sesame Street/DC comics story, probably sometime close to the time "Superman Returns" gets out in theaters. That'd be nice, considering that the story will be based strongly on the Man of Steel himself.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Though I wasn't going to start on this story until I got done with my college semester, I was able to work up the first chapter during the spare time that I had today.:smile:

The MARVELOUS Muppets
Presents
"Web of Heroes"

Chapter One: The Not-So-Happiness Hotel

Stranger things had happened at the Happiness Hotel, like Animal eating the wallpapers (as well as the walls themselves) out of people rooms, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew blowing up the whole third floor of the building, or holes that were made on the rooftop by Gonzo (unbeknownst to everyone, he was actually practicing some of his newest mutant skills). But the strangest thing to happen to the H.H. was a foreclosure notice posted on the front door, which Kermit found that morning. That type of notice was the last thing he expected to find on his front door. He wasn’t sure why their property would be put up for foreclosure, especially when they had done everything they could to keep it.

“This doesn’t make any sense.” Kermit uttered that morning, as he read over the notice near the front door. And just when Kermit thought it couldn’t get any worse, another Happiness Hotel resident was moving out, and this time it was Link Hogthrob, who was wearing his “I love San Fran” t-shirt (with a picture of a heart in place of the word “heart”). “Link, where are you…” When Kermit read his shirt, he didn’t bother go any further with his question. “Never mind.”

“I won’t be there for long, Kermit.” Link said. “I’m just there long enough to help everyone get the KMUP station back in shape, shortly after I enjoy the sights of old San Francisco, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and those streetcar things that go up and down those huge hills.”

“Well, if you’re going, don’t bother coming back.” Kermit said, and Link was a little offended to hear him say that.

“I beg your pardon?” Link asked.

“Read this.” Kermit said, handing him the foreclosure notice, which Link read word-for-word but didn’t quite understand any of it.

“Does this mean we’re getting an increase in our finance?” He inquired, and Kermit gave him a strange look.

“No, Link,” He said, “It means that we’re going to lose the Hotel!”

“Why on earth would anyone want to take this luxurious, fabulous, decent, magnificent, and glorious hotel away from us?” Link asked, and Kermit smirked over his comment.

“Yeah, it lives me kinda dumbfounded, too.” He remarked, trying not to sound too sarcastic in front of Link. As they continued standing near the front door, Julius Strangepork had shown up, trying to maintain his balance as he carried some of Link’s heavy suitcases.

“Is that taxicab here yet, Link?” Strangepork asked, just as there was a loud honking noise and Kermit & Link noticed a taxicab parked in front of the building, with Beauregard in the driver’s seat.

“You guys ready to go to the airport?” Beau asked them.

“We most certainly are.” Link said, before he handed the foreclosure notice back to Kermit. “Well, if there won’t be a Happiness Hotel when we return, we’ll see you at the boarding house in San Fran. Come on, Julius.”

“Okay, Link.” Strangepork acknowledged, and while the two made their way to the taxicab, Kermit went back inside, just as Lew Zealand and some chickens were leaving as well.

“Not you, too, Lew.” Kermit said.

“Duty calls, Kermit.” Lew remarked.

“Yeah, but do you need to bring the chickens with you?”

“Hey, ya never know when you need an extra wing or two.” As Lew and the chickens headed out of the Happiness Hotel, Kermit tried to tell them about the foreclosure notice, but they were already out of the building before he had the chance.

“Kermit!” Someone exclaimed, and he looked up towards the top of a flight of stairs, where Sam the Eagle was standing.

“Hey, Sam.” Kermit said. “Are you leaving for San Francisco to help the others clean up the mess there?”

“On the contrary.” Sam said. “I’m staying in New York to clean up the mess in this hotel.”

“That might take a whole century, Sam.” Kermit said.

“I hear that we have a foreclosing problem at hand.” Sam said, and Kermit was taken aback over how he knew about something that he hadn’t shared with him yet.

“Boy, not only do eagles have good eyes, they have good hearing, too.” He murmured.

“Might I suggest a brilliant and yet patriotic way of settling this foreclosure problem of ours?” Sam asked.

“Well, sure, Sam.” Kermit said. “If you have any ideas, I’ll graciously accept them.”

“I suggest that you simply turn to your old F.A.S.A. friend, Mickey Mouse.” Sam said, and Kermit was a bit reluctant over that idea.

“Mickey?” He said. “Well…you know, Sam…Mickey and I haven’t really spoken that much, since we’ve both opened our clubs and our theaters. What makes you think he’ll be willing to help me out, when we’ve been clearly competing all these years?”

“Kermit, you should know more than anyone that even when it comes to competition, your opponent is also your friend and he’ll always be there to help you up when you’re down, even if it does cost him a chance at winning the prize.” Sam stated, and Kermit just stared at the patriotic eagle, comprehending what he just told him.

“Sam, I can honestly say that was the corniest thing that I’ve ever heard.” Kermit said. “That’ll never be the case with Mickey Mouse and Kermit the Frog. When it comes to competition between the two biggest fictional animal stars of America, there are no friends; and I seriously doubt he’ll be there to pick me up when I’m down. It’s a battle, I tell you! A battle!” Sam was quiet for a long time, until he had asked…

“So when are you going to see him?”

“Within the next hour.” Kermit replied, and Sam nodded, just as Fozzie entered the scene.

“Hey, I heard someone was saying something pretty corny.” Fozzie said, and he noticed Sam the Eagle standing at the top of the stairs. “Hey, Sam! Were you telling a joke just now?”

“A joke?!” Sam exclaimed, and he walked away, a bit offended, while Fozzie focused on another important subject.

“Hey, did you find out anything about Gonzo?” Fozzie asked Kermit, who sighed in despair.

“Not a thing.” Kermit said. If there was anything that worried him more than the foreclosure notice, it was the fact that Gonzo the Great had been missing for nearly two months.

“I wonder where he could’ve gone.” Fozzie said. “It’s not like him to just up and leave like that.” Kermit slowly shook his head, several thoughts running through his mind.

“Well, you know, he’s never been the same after that mutant incident.” Kermit said.

“You don’t think he went back to see Professor Xavier, do you?” Fozzie asked.

“I don’t think so.” Kermit said. “I just have this strange feeling that he’s not there at his mansion in Westchester.”

“I would’ve thought that he was, because something bad happened to his clone or one of the mutants there.” Fozzie said. “Well…if he wouldn’t be in Westchester, then where could he be that’s more important than New York or even San Francisco?”

“I don’t have a clue.” Kermit said. “But I do know that if we don’t do something about this foreclosure, then we’ll all be lost somewhere.” Fozzie noticed the notice in Kermit’s hands, and he panicked a little.

“Oh, no!” He shouted. “They’re kicking us out!!” Kermit shushed Fozzie, trying to keep the news confidential to everyone else; however, Pops heard what Fozzie said and got curious.

“Who’s kicking who out?” He asked, and Kermit tried to cover things up.

“Uh, nobody’s kicking anyone out, Pops.” Kermit said. “Er…Fozzie was just watching a football game.”

“A football game?” Pops said. “Who’s playing?”

“The, uh…” Kermit obviously wasn’t a big football fanatic, and he had a hard time thinking up a couple of teams. He looked at Fozzie and thought up one team, “The Bears and the…uh…” He saw a few penguins passing by, “…And…And the Pennsylvania Guins!”

“The Pennsylvania Guins?” Pops remarked, intrigued over the name of the team. “Boy, they think up just about everything in the NFL.” With Pops convinced, Kermit focused back on Fozzie, speaking very quietly.

“We can’t let anyone know that we’re getting kicked out, Fozzie.” He said. “We already have enough problems with Gonzo missing.”

“But, Kermit,” Fozzie said, “Half of the gang is in San Francisco right now. What’re you going to tell them when they come back and find the Happiness Hotel gone?”

“The Happiness Hotel won’t be gone, Fozzie.” Kermit said. “Sam gave me an idea that’ll be sure to pay off the people that are foreclosing the Hotel.”

“What are you going to do, Kermit?” Fozzie asked.

“You know that nightclub near Times Square?” Kermit said. “The one at the corner of Main Street?” Fozzie calculated the coordinates in his head, and when he figured it all out, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Kermit!” He exclaimed. “I don’t believe it!”

“Yeah, I didn’t believe it either at first when Sam suggested it.” Kermit said, and Fozzie was more surprised when he learned that Sam was involved.

Sam suggested the idea?!” Fozzie said. “What was he thinking?”

“He was just trying to help, Fozzie.” Kermit said, and Fozzie put his paws on Kermit’s shoulders frantically.

“Kermit! I can’t let you do this!” He insisted. “I can’t let you desecrate your reputation like this! Think of all your fans!” Fozzie’s actions made Kermit very puzzled; he just stared at his furry friend as he looked at him sternly.

“Fozzie, what has gotten into you?” Kermit asked, really concerned, and Fozzie was surprised that he would ask him that.

“What’s gotten into me?!” Fozzie said. “You’re the one that’s going to that horrible club.”

“Horrible?!” Kermit said. “Fozzie, I know our characters are pretty far-fetched from theirs, but that’s no reason to call them horrible.”

“Far-fetched?!” Fozzie exclaimed. “They’re practically in the same league with us!”

“Well, they do have that one goofy character.” Kermit uttered.

“Kermit, please don’t go!” Fozzie pleaded. “Please don’t go to that club!”

“I have to, Fozzie. If we want to save the Happiness Hotel, I have to go see Mickey Mouse.” When Fozzie heard that name, all of the stuff that was going through his head before had gone away.

“Mickey Mouse? You mean Mickey Mouse as in House of Mouse?”

“Of course. Who or what do you think I’m talking about?”

“I thought you were talking about the Boom-Boom Room.”

“The nightclub with all of those scantly-clad women?! Fozzie, what in the world would make you think I was going there to save the Happiness Hotel?!?!”

“Oh…well, uh…err…” Fozzie was at a lost for words; instead of finding a good answer, he just stuck to the subject of Kermit going to the House of Mouse. “So, you’re going to see Mickey, eh? Can I come with you?”

“Sure, as long as you don’t act the same way you did here while you’re over there.” Kermit said. “Have you gotten the chance to repair the Studebaker?”

“You bet I have.” Fozzie said. “It’ll get us anywhere faster now.”

“Good.” Kermit said. “Let’s go to the House of Mouse. Mickey’s usually there by this time, preparing for tonight’s festivities.” They headed over to the door and were about to open it, until it suddenly flew open on its own, allowing Miss Piggy (looking more glamorous than ever) to walk in. Rizzo the Rat followed her in, carrying her luggage.

“Hello, everyone.” Piggy said. “Moi is here with some good news.” As Rizzo walked in, he threw Piggy’s luggage down on the floor, panting crazily.

“You know, Piggy, I gave up my job at the Happiness Hotel to avoid having to carry people’s bags!” Rizzo exclaimed. “If you want someone to carry your bags, get the other rats!” Rizzo walked away in fury, while Kermit and Fozzie were in shock to see Piggy back from San Francisco.

“Piggy?” Kermit said. “What’re you doing here?”

“How come you’re not helping everyone get things straight at the KMUP station?” Fozzie inquired. “You’re always saying that you bring up the ratings there.”

“After that whole Hulk thing, they can bring up their own ratings.” Piggy said. “I quit my job at the KMUP station.”

“What?!” Fozzie and Kermit exclaimed, a little surprised.

“And I’m going to be working at the Daily Bugle as a reporter.” Piggy added.

“WHAT?!?!” Fozzie and Kermit screamed, really shocked.

“That’s right.” Piggy said, and she walked over to Kermit, hugging him and gently stroking his head. “I’m going to be working with you now, Kermie. Together, we’ll be the greatest and most romantic reporters in the Bugle.” Kermit cringed, as he thought about how things would be, with Piggy working alongside both him and Fozzie.

“Sheesh.” Kermit murmured. “I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but…I miss Gonzo.”

“Hey, this is going to be fun.” Fozzie commented. “You two will be like Maury Povich and Connie Chung!” Kermit and Piggy turned to Fozzie and stared at him awkwardly. “Or am I thinking about Robert Redford and Michelle Pfeiffer?”

“Sheesh.” Piggy uttered, as she thought about how things would be, working alongside Fozzie Bear.

END OF CHAPTER ONE

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I LOVE THIS!! As usual, it's an instant hit! Love it love it love it. Would you like me to email you "The Bonds of Family"? It's a prequel to the other stories I've written. Kind of a explain how it all happened, with a cute little twist. It's not done yet, though. But it should be wrapped up in the next few chapters.

Also...I can't wait to see Pete! He's my fav of the human characters. That and Nicky Holiday. Will he be still infatuated with Miss Piggy!? WOW!!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I LOVE THIS!! As usual, it's an instant hit! Love it love it love it. Would you like me to email you "The Bonds of Family"? It's a prequel to the other stories I've written. Kind of a explain how it all happened, with a cute little twist. It's not done yet, though. But it should be wrapped up in the next few chapters.
Sure.:smile: I caught a glimpse of it while working on "Hulk-O-Vision", but I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. The one thing that really caught my interest was that Doc Hopper's in the story. It's awesome when you take human characters from a Muppet movie and bring them back for a fanfic.:big_grin:

I just realized now that I have two Peters in "Web of Heroes": Peter Parker and Pete from MTM! And they both work at the same place!:crazy: And as for Nick Holiday, you can bet that those old feelings will be brought back in this story.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Two: Two Petes, a King Prawn, and a Rat-Infested Diner

On the same morning that Kermit and Fozzie were visiting Mickey Mouse at his famous nightclub, Peter Parker was riding his motor scooter over to Pete’s Diner, which was where he worked with Jenny (a pretty girl that he went to Columbia University with), Pepe the King Prawn, and Rizzo the Rat. He had stopped by the Happiness Hotel to pick up Rizzo, shortly after Kermit and Fozzie left for the House of Mouse. The both of them fought against typical Manhattan traffic, as they made their way to Pete’s. However, when they crossed by a large billboard that had the gorgeous face of Mary Jane Watson on it, Peter began daydreaming, thinking about the pleasant life that he and Mary Jane could’ve shared had he chosen to be in her life. Unfortunately, he couldn’t, only because he was Spider-Man; and that was a secret that he kept not just from Mary Jane, but from the rest of the world as well.

“Yo! Yo! Peter! PETER!!!!” Rizzo screamed, and Peter snapped out of his daydream, just in time to see how he and Rizzo were riding into the path of an oncoming bus. Immediately, Peter made a left turn, moving off the street and onto the sidewalk. Several bystanders were forced to move out of the way, as Peter’s scooter zoomed past them. Nearby, Pete was standing outside his diner, looking around for any sign of Peter and Rizzo.

“Three more minutes.” Pete murmured; his heavy Italian accent was a noticeable feature of his. “Three more minutes…and I’m firing those…” That’s when he saw Peter riding towards him; he held his hands up, with a stunned look on his face. “Whoa! Whoa! Parker! Stop! Stop!” Peter was able to bring the scooter to a screeching halt, causing Rizzo to fly off the front of it; he screamed, as he flew across the air and into Pete’s hands.

“Hey, thanks.” Rizzo told him. “For a second, I thought I was gonna be just another ‘Splat Rat’ on the sidewalk.”

“You’re going to be a splat rat, if you don’t get in there and tell your cousins to fix me some more burgers.” Pete said, as he gently set Rizzo down on the sidewalk.

“Just to let you know, some of those rats aren’t my cousins.” Rizzo said. “I barely even know those people.”

“Twenty rats you hire.” Pete remarked. “Twenty rats! And you only know a few?!”

“Twenty?” said Rizzo, a little confused. “I thought I hired ten!” Rizzo quickly dashed into the diner, as Pete parked his scooter to the side, chained it to a pole, and set his helmet down on the seat. Pete wasn’t too pleased with Peter’s tardiness; he was a patient man, but he was a busy one as well.

“Parker, I am depending on you to be on time.” Pete said. “Even Rizzo’s depending on you to be on time.”

“I know, Pete.” Peter said. “I’m sorry.”

“I’ll be sorry, too.” Pete uttered, as he and Peter walked into the diner, where a lot of satisfied customers were enjoying there meals and a lot of rats were cooking the meals, with help from a king prawn. “Yes, I’ll be sorry on the day that I have to fire you, because you are so late.”

“It won’t happen again.” Peter assured.

“That’s exactly what you said last week.” Pete said, moving behind the counter where Pepe was, cleaning off a plate and butting into Pete and Peter’s conversation.

“Si.” He uttered. “And you promised the week before last week that you would be here two hours before the time you’re supposed to be here.”

“When did he promise that?” Pete asked Pepe.

“Actually, it was more of a bet than a promise.” Pepe replied. “I bet him ten dollars that he wouldn’t be here before the time he was supposed to arrive. And, as you can see…” Pepe put down the plate and held up a ten-dollar bill. “I won the bet, okay.”

“That wasn’t a fair bet.” Peter said. “You knew that I wouldn’t be here on time.”

“Ah! I’m offended, Peter Parker!” Pepe said, not sounding very sincere. “How was I to know that you would be late? You could’ve surprised me, amigo. You could’ve actually been here on time.”

“But I wasn’t.” Peter said.

“You’ve got that right.” Pepe said, and he chuckled slyly as he walked back into the kitchen, leaving Peter feeling a little upset.

“If there’s anyone you should be firing, it’s that shrimp.” Peter told Pete.

“I am a king prawn!!” Pepe shouted, from the kitchen, and Pete shook his head in annoyance.

“I won’t be firing anyone today.” Pete said. “Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.” Peter was pleased to hear that from his boss, seeing as how he had been fired from numerous jobs that he was juggling with, while taking on his responsibilities as Spider-Man. Like the job he had at Pete’s, those jobs required for him to be on time, something that the bosses take very strictly. But Peter knew from the very moment he was hired that Pete was different from his other bosses. “I believe in second chances. And though I’ve given you several chances, I haven’t lost faith in you yet.” Peter smiled, as Pete tossed him an apron. “Now, go fix me a cheeseburger with fries.”

Peter rolled his eyes at the order that was given to him. “The Amazing Spider-Man cooking a greasy cheeseburger with some greasy fries,” he thought with a smile. He knew that it was the worst job he could’ve taken, between going to college and fighting crime; but it was nevertheless a job that he loved coming to every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. What he loved the most about it was Jenny, whom he could not stop thinking about, ever since he first laid eyes on her during their freshman year at Columbia University. After rejecting Mary Jane, Peter wasn’t sure if he would ever fall for anyone else; but Jenny made him think differently.

“Hey, everyone.” A feminine voice said, and Peter turned his head towards the entrance, where Jenny was standing. His heart sank deeply, seeing her in a green sweater, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. All of those thoughts about Mary Jane left his mind, whenever Jenny was around him. “How’s it goin’, Pete?”

“Not that bad.” Peter said, and Jenny chuckled as she turned to him.

“Actually, I meant the other Pete.” She said, and Peter felt a bit sheepish, especially when he realized that he had his apron on backwards.

“Oh…uh…” He stammered, and Jenny just smiled as she watched him put his apron on the correct way. “I’m sorry, Jen. I just thought…”

“It’s okay, Pete…r…Peter.” Jenny said. “I just so use to one Pete around here. Dealing with two makes things kind of confusing, if you know what I mean.”

“If it helps, you can always call me ‘Ben’.” Peter suggested, and Rizzo laughed at his suggestion, as he passed through with a couple of plates that had food on them.

“Ben? Why the heck would ya want her to call ya that?” Rizzo asked.

“Because Ben was the name of his uncle, Rizzo.” Jenny said, and Rizzo stopped laughing once he remembered all of the personal memories that Peter shared with the crew, including the memory of how his uncle died.

“Oh.” Rizzo said. “Sorry, bud.” Rizzo kept on with his work, carrying the plates over to the people that ordered them, as Jenny and Peter continued with their conversation while handling their own jobs.

“So…you were late again today?” Jenny asked, and Peter was surprised that even she knew about that, seeing as how she wasn’t there when he arrived.

“Is it that obvious now?” Peter said.

“Well, you have been more tardy for work than you have for Dr. Connors’ classes.” Jenny said, and that’s when Peter was reminded of something.

“Dr. Connors’ Friday class! I missed it today!” Peter exclaimed. “What did topic did he go over today?”

“The exact same topic that you’re doing your paper on: nuclear fusion.” Jenny said. “He wanted me to tell you that Dr. Otto Octavius has been doing some research on nuclear fusion and is even using it to create a miniature electricity-generating ‘sun’.” Peter was really intrigued by that particular idea.

“With the type of equipment that he has, that’s an experiment could possibly be successful.” Peter said.

“You think so?” Jenny asked.

“Oh, most definitely.” Peter replied. “Dr. Octavius is one of the most brilliant men in the history of science. That’s why I’m basing my paper off of his work on nuclear fusion.” Peter remembered something about Octavius that his friend, Harry Osborn, informed him. “Hey, he’s supposed to have a demonstration of his fusion machine at OsCorp tomorrow afternoon. You want to come with me?”

“Sure.” Jenny agreed, just as Rizzo passed by again.

“Nothin’ like a couple of nerds goin’ to a ‘Snore-Fest’ on a Saturday afternoon.” Rizzo bantered, which offended both Peter and Jenny.

“You know what?” Jenny said. “Just for that, you’re coming with us.”

“Ha! Whatever!” Rizzo exclaimed, and he was about to walk off, until Jenny grabbed his tail and hung his little body in front of her face.

“I mean it, Rizzo.” Jenny said. “It’s about time you came to something more educational.”

“What’re you talkin’ about?” Rizzo inquired. “I was once a part of somethin’ educational.”

“Oh, yeah? What?” Jenny asked, and Rizzo took a long moment to think up a time when he actually did.

“There was that one time when I went to the annual cheese festival.” He said, and Jenny gave him an unconvinced look. “Hey! I learned some educational stuff there! Did ya know that there are fifty thousand types of cheeses in Guatemala?”

“You’re coming, and that’s final.” Jenny said, as she set Rizzo back down on the floor.

“It’d better be worth an hour of my time.” Rizzo said, just before he headed back into the kitchen, only to stick his head back out again to say one last thing. “And Parker had better be on time for it, too!”

“He will be, Rizzo.” Jenny said.

“How can you be so sure?” Rizzo asked, and he looked towards Peter. “What keeps you so busy that you have to be twenty minutes late for everything anyway?”

“There are just a lot of disturbances out there, Rizzo.” Peter remarked, and as he said that, he looked down at the right pocket of his jacket, seeing how his Spider-Man mask was hanging out a little and tugging it further into the pocket. “I won’t be late for Dr. Octavius’ experiment, just as I won’t be late for Mary Jane’s performance at the House of Mouse.”

“House of Mouse, eh?” Rizzo said. “Now I would attend that kind of party.”

“You’d attend anything where there’s a fellow mouse involved.” Jenny said.

“Hey, what can I say?” Rizzo said. “I’m a sucker for the ‘Big M’.”

END OF CHAPTER TWO

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is just freaking awesome, MW. I love it. :smile: It's so capitiving!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
This is just freaking awesome, MW. I love it. :smile: It's so capitiving!
Hey, thanks for the stories you sent, Renee. I've got another e-mail address that you can send the others through. I'll PM it to you, as soon as I get this next chapter posted.:smile:

This probably might be the last chapter I'll post for a while. My free time is wearing thin and soon I'll have to get back to focusing on my college work. If I have any free time in between, I'll post some more chaps.:wink:

Chapter Three: W.I.T.C.H. Out! Here Comes The Spider-Man!

The busiest time in Manhattan was at night; the streets were crowded with several different cars and people were walking down the sidewalks, either talking to each other or talking to people at a different location over a cell phone. There were a lot of celebrities out there that evening, each attending the hottest nightclub near Times Square, Mickey Mouse’s House of Mouse club. Most of these celebrities were known Disney characters, from Cinderella to Stitch. Kermit, Fozzie, and even Piggy had attended the club that evening, after Kermit and Fozzie had spoken with Mickey, who agreed to loan them half of the earnings they would make that night to pay off the bank that’s foreclosing the Happiness Hotel.

While there was so much happening at the House of Mouse and everyplace else in Manhattan, something was happening in a dark alleyway where Robin—Kermit’s nephew—was with new friends that his uncle made a couple of months ago, five girls who all went by the alias “W.I.T.C.H.” (an acronym for their names: Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin) and their brave, handsome friend from another dimension, Caleb. With Robin’s help, the six youths had been searching for Gonzo the Great, ever since he turned up missing; they spent a whole month searching the blue character that was surprised, pleased, and confused when he discovered that he was a mutant.

“You know, for at least once I would like to spend my Friday nights watching a nice movie and eating some fresh popcorn.” said Cornelia, who was beginning to grow tired. “But, instead, I spend my time searching for a missing blue weirdo with a hooked nose.”

“If you don’t want to search for Gonzo with us, Cornelia, then you can always go home.” Will said. “But you’re gonna have to be the one to tell Kermit that we gave up the search, all because you wanted to do was just sit on your butt.” Cornelia was offended by the tone in Will’s voice as she said those things to her. Though she sounded like she didn’t care about Gonzo, she was more worried about him than the others were.

“Look, I am fighting through this cold air that’s making me drowsy, just to see that the little freak is somewhere safe and hopefully alive.” Cornelia said. “But how long are we going to go on searching for him?”

“As long as it takes.” Will said. “He’s out there somewhere, and we’re going to find him.”

“Maybe he’s in the Bahamas, taking a nice, relaxing vacation.” Hay Lin assumed.

“If he was gonna do something like that, the least thing he could’ve done was tell his boss, before he decided to fire him.” Irma said. “I wonder how a weird dude like him could even find a job.” While the girls were talking amongst themselves, Caleb was looking over a large map of the New York state; on it were red “X” marks over areas that he, Robin, and the girls had already checked. There were twenty marks on the map, including one that Caleb had just made.

“The first place we’d searched was Westchester, where Professor Xavier’s mansion was.” Caleb indicated.

“Uncle Kermit says that’s where all of the mutants live.” Robin said. “I don’t get why Gonzo wouldn’t have been there.”

“You’re not the only one, Robin.” Will said, and she sat next to him on the large crate that he was sitting on, stroking his little head with one finger, which he seemed to enjoy. “You holding up okay, little guy?”

“Sure.” Robin acknowledged. “I know the cold air and a cold-blooded creature is a bad combination, but since I have this warm coat on me, I’m doing fine.”

“That’s good.” Will said. “Just let us know if you feel like you have to go home any time soon, and we’ll be glad to take you back to the Hotel.”

“I will…uh…Will.” Robin said. “My curfew’s not ‘til ten o’clock anyway, so I have plenty of time to help you guys out.” Will just smiled at the small frog; she loved frogs to death, which made being friends with Kermit and Robin so nice and pleasurable.

“Looking at all of the red marks that we put all over this map, we just about searched throughout the whole state.” Caleb said. “If we were to search anymore tonight, we’d have to go to some other state, like Washington D.C.” Robin made a funny face, while the girls contained their laughter; it was obviously that Caleb made a mistake.

“Uh, Caleb?” Taranee said. “Washington D.C. isn’t a state; it’s the state capital.”

“Oh, right.” Caleb said, sheepishly. “I’m still getting use to learning your geography.”

“No prob.” Irma said. “I’m fourteen, and I still can’t tell the difference between Egypt and Africa.” She frowned when she realized how pathetic that was. “Man, I’d better start hitting those books more often.” That’s when Will realized something that made her feel a little uncomfortable.

“Hey, what if Gonzo’s not in another state?” She said. “What if he found one of those portals to Meridian?” Caleb and the other girls became uncomfortable at that idea as well.

“That weirdo wouldn’t last five seconds in that place!” Cornelia exclaimed.

“No, he wouldn’t,” Hay Lin said, “But he’d definitely fit in with the other weirdoes there.”

“If Gonzo has gone into Meridian, then we’d better hustle and check there, before he ends up doing something strange.” Caleb uttered.

“Like what?” Irma asked. “Shoot himself out of a cannon in Elyon’s palace?” That’s when the group heard some police sirens from a distance that got closer and closer by the second. A stolen black convertible that was being pursued by three squad cars flew past their spot, just as they stepped out of the alleyway to see what was going on. “The Cops crew must be filming a special with this much commotion.”

“Caleb, take Robin home and go get Blunk; try to find a portal that Gonzo might’ve gone through.” Will ordered. “If you have to bring the search into Meridian, then so be it.”

“What are you girls gonna do?” Caleb asked.

“What we’ve been doing for some time now,” Will said, just as she pulled the Heart of Candracar from underneath her shirt, “We’re gonna kick some butt.” And as soon as she uttered those two words, the five of them transformed into their Guardian forms; they flew into the air and chased after the convertible and the squad cars, while Caleb and Robin went the opposite way.

The police chase that was happening on the streets that moment was a wild one. The stolen convertible was slamming into other vehicles, as the thieves desperately attempted to get away from the police. They fired their guns at the three cars and were able to get one of them off the street by shooting out one of the tires, causing the car to drive over a sidewalk and crash into an old pawn shop. The remaining squad cars kept on with the chase, forcing the thieves into reloading their weapons and continue firing at them.

“Get those pigs off our butts!!” The driver shouted, with frustration.

“What do you think I’m trying to do?!?!” One of the thieves remarked.

“From what it looks up here, just wastin’ bullets!” The driver exclaimed, just before Irma landed on the hood of the convertible, putting a big dent in it, and she grinned at the driver.

“Mind if I check under the hood?” She said, and the surprised driver immediately took out his gun and aimed it at her. Irma gasped, as she leaped out of the way, just as the driver fired two bullets into the windshield and shattered it. The thieves saw the Guardians flying over their heads, and it really freaked them out.

“What the #%@! is goin’ on here?!” The driver yelled, just before Cornelia landed on the street, several feet ahead of the speeding convertible, and planted her hands on the concrete.

“EARTH!!” She exclaimed, and with that one word, she created a gigantic bump in the street. The driver of the stolen convertible saw the bump and panicked; he swerved the car around it and nearly ran over Cornelia, who was able to leap away in time. Will and the others kept their eyes on the squad cars, as one of them swerved around the large bump, while the other lost control of his vehicle and made his car go over the bump and fly across the air. The Guardians reacted in shock, noticing how the squad car was falling towards a group of bystanders.

“NO!!!” Will exclaimed, and the bystanders ducked, when the flying vehicle was only a few feet away from them. But, after a while, the bystanders noticed how the vehicle hadn’t squished them, leaving them a little puzzled. They looked up to see how the squad car was caught in a large spider web that was made between two poles. The Guardians blinked in surprise; to them and everyone else, the web had come out of nowhere.

“What the heck…?” Irma uttered, and before she could’ve finished her question, Spider-Man swung his way past them and over the cheering bystanders. It was obvious that the Guardians didn’t appreciate Spidey’s company; now that they had turned into crime-fighters, he proved to be a bit of competition to them.

“He is really getting on my nerves.” Cornelia said, while Hay Lin was the only one in the group that was both mad and happy to see Spider-Man.

“Yeah, but ya gotta admit that he’s got some pretty awesome powers compared to ours.” Hay Lin said.

“What’s so awesome about shooting some gooey webs out of your wrists?” Taranee said, and the thought of it made her cringe. “I hate spiders…even when they’re part human.”

“Come on, girls.” Will said. “We spotted this chase first! Let’s not let the Amazing Spider-Jerk ruin our opportunity at catching those crooks!” The Guardians flew across the air at an incredibly fast rate, catching up with Spider-Man, as he dodged several bullets that were being fired at him by the thieves.

“Check this out.” Hay Lin said, just before she attempted a move that she had been working on while on their search for Gonzo. She soared higher into the air and pulled off a speedy somersault, twirling her body as she fell towards the street. Hay Lin landed on the back of the convertible, surprising the thieves again. “Hey! I did it again! Cool!” Hay Lin’s celebrating was only distracting her attention away from the thieves, as one of them reached under the seat and pulled out a rocket launcher that he aimed right at her head.

“Bye-bye, freak!” The thief said, and before he had the chance to pull the trigger, Spider-Man fired at web strand at the weapon and yanked it away from the thief’s hands. He then landed right next to Hay Lin on the convertible’s rear and fired three web strands at the thieves, connecting them to each of their left hands. Spidey hurled the web strands upwards, and the next thing the thieves knew, their bodies were yanked out of the convertible and hung under a streetlight.

“That should keep ‘em hangin’ ‘til the cops arrive.” Spidey said, as he climbed into the driver’s seat, while Hay Lin climbed into the seat next to him and held her hand out to him.

“Hey, Spidey.” She said, graciously. “My name’s Hay Lin. I’m a crime-fighter like you. And might I say that you are the most awesome superhero that I’ve ever…” She was silenced as soon as Spidey made a rough left turn into a nearby alleyway and stopped the car before it nearly ran into a brick wall.

“Just want to get two things straight before I leave.” Spidey told Hay Lin. “One: you are not a crime-fighter like me; you’re just some…thing that’s at the wrong place at the wrong time. And two: you don’t owe me any favors for savin’ your life. Got it?” Hay Lin nodded, with a goofy smile on her face. “Good. Have a great evening.” Spidey fired a web up in the air and zipped out of sight, just as Will, Irma, Taranee, and Cornelia arrived and found Hay Lin sitting in the stolen convertible and screaming. To the other girls, it seemed like she was in shock from having a rocket launcher in her face.

“Hay Lin! Hay Lin!” Will exclaimed, putting her hands on Hay Lin’s shoulders, shaking her. “Relax! Relax!”

“Is she going to be alright?” Taranee asked.

“I’m not so sure.” Will replied. “Hay Lin, are you alright now?” Hay Lin just looked at them, with that same goofy smile on her face.

“I was just sitting in the same car with the Amazing Spider-Man!!” Hay Lin exclaimed, and the other girls had angry and jealous looks on their faces.

END OF CHAPTER THREE