The MARVELOUS Muppets: X-Men Mark The Spot

muppetwriter

Reaction score
It's almost been four months since I've posted the first story of the Muppets/Marvel Comics crossover series that I've been working on, and I've finally been able to cook up another one for everyone to read. This story takes place right after the events of the first one, and puts the Muppets into the world of the uncanny X-Men.:smile:

The MARVELOUS Muppets
Presents
"X-Men Mark The Spot"​

Chapter One:

Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, and Gonzo the Great had been in a desperate search for a story that was a thousand times more spectacular than the Spider-Man/Green Goblin incident that had taken place in Manhattan, only a few months ago. The three ambitious reporters had been anxious to find the story of the century for the Daily Bugle (their daily job); they would try to get a scoop on mutated alligators if they could. Although there had been actual stories of mutants that Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo had discovered in other tabloids, they only regarded it as ways of attracting readers’ attention.

However, one day, J. Jonah Jameson gave Kermit an invitation to a senate hearing in Washington D.C. that involved the “mutants” that he, Gonzo, and Fozzie had been hearing about in the other papers. Knowing that refusing Jonah’s request to attend the hearing would only get him fired, Kermit accepted the invitation and took the next flight to the nation’s capital, where he joined rival reporters and photographers in the Senate Hearing Room. While Kermit was finding his seat in the balcony area (where most of the reporters and photographers were collected), he happened to find a friend whose seat was right next to his.

“Scooter?!” exclaimed Kermit, and when Scooter saw Kermit in front of him, he was more shocked than he was.

“Oh, hi, Kermit.” Scooter said. “Didn’t expect to see you here.”

“I was just about to say the same for you.” Kermit said. “What are you doing here at an important assembly like this?”

“Well, my uncle happens to be good friends with Senator Kelly.” stated Scooter, as he pointed towards the dais (a raised panel for senators) and a second, lower panel that was for the “experts” that were testifying. Senator Scott Frank Kelly sat in the middle of the first, higher panel; he had mastered the media much better than those around him, which was why he was the chosen front man. Kermit found it very hard that Scooter’s uncle was the friend of such a powerful figure.

“Y-Your uncle i-is the f-friend of Senator K-Kelly?!” exclaimed a bewildered Kermit, and Scooter nodded in reply.

“For as long as he can remember.” He remarked.

“Sheesh! This world’s a lot smaller than those other puppets think!” uttered Kermit, just as the lights in the room begin to dim, while Jean Grey (a strong, attractive woman in her early thirties) addressed the room and showed an image of a simply-drawn gene with, literally, an “on” and “off” switch on it.

“Play close attention to Dr. Grey’s speech.” Scooter told Kermit. “It’s very interesting.” Kermit sat himself down on the seat next to Scooter, as the both of them listened closely to Jean’s speech.

Dr. Grey began her lecture with the definition of an X-Factor (also known as the imitator gene), and how it existed within every creature on the planet; she added with various facts about genes, such as their way of telling the human body whether to change or stay the same and how it could be literally turned on or off. Jean allowed weather to be an example; her theory stated that as the planet gradually warms up, people whose mutator genes tell their bodies to adapt appropriately will live on and continue to multiply, while others die out; gradually, the species will change.

Jean continued on and on with the lecture, and as she was just about to conclude, Senator Kelly stood up and addressed her, stating that Jean was avoiding the question that he asked her: Are mutants dangerous?

“It is the appointed task of this committee to present to the President a comprehensive report that he may best decide whether or not to pass a registration act.” Kelly said. “We are not here to weed out mutants; we are merely here to assess their potential threat—if any—to national security.” While listening to Kelly’s comments, Scooter nodded his head, as if he was agreeing with it all.

“I am avoiding the question that is decidedly closed, Senator.” Jean responded. “The wrong person behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous.” Similar to Scooter, Kermit nodded in agreement with the comments that Jean made. Kelly had brought up a photograph: a grainy, super-zoomed, somewhat obscured image of a car on a freeway that appeared to have “melted.” He was really playing to the crowd at that moment in time.

“This was taken by a traffic control video in Orange County. A man in a minor altercation literally melted the car in front of him.” Kelly indicated. “I don’t know where you come from, Ms. Grey, but where I come from, you don’t go melting people’s cars when they cut you off. You do it the old-fashioned way: you give ‘em the finger.”

Kelly’s joke got some laughs from the crowd; while everyone was chuckling, Kermit turned to Scooter and uttered, “I usually give ‘em the flipper.”

“But what you presume to tell this committee, Ms. Grey, is that…” Jean immediately contradicted Kelly’s remark, before the senator even had the opportunity to finish it.

“I presume nothing.” She stated. “I am here to tell you that in time, the mutator gene will activate in every living human being on this planet; perhaps even your children, Senator.”

“I can assure you, there is no such creature in my genes.” said Kelly, and everyone in the room laughed, which Kelly mistakenly thought it was for him, until the double meaning occurs to him; he was momentarily embarrassed, but he quickly recovered. “That was funny, I have to admit. You certainly seem to be amused, Ms. Grey.”

“To be frank, Senator…I am tickled.” said Jean, and the room good-naturedly laughed, but were quickly silenced when Senator Kelly made his next comment.

“I wonder how tickled this committee would be to learn about your associate, Professor Charles Xavier.” Jean reacted to his comment with much discomfort, surprised to hear those words from Kelly. “Or about this so-called ‘school for the gifted.’ Come now, Dr. Grey. As you are so open to disclosure, share with the people here the purpose of this school.” Jean quickly collected herself in time to give a reasonable explanation.

“There is indeed a…a school specifically designed…”

“For mutants. Is that not correct, Ms. Grey?” The Senator gestured to the monitor, which displayed a massive estate mansion behind a high iron gate. There were mutters of confusion from the crowd, especially from Kermit and Scooter, while Jean bowed her head.

“A school for mutants?” said Scooter, truly amazed and stunned, all in the same time. “Now there’s something you don’t hear about every day. I wonder what they teach those mutants at that school.”

“Probably how to do weird things that are out of the ordinary.” Kermit assumed. “Like that person who melted that man’s car.”

“If they teach them how to do things like that, then this world could be in unquestionable danger.” said Scooter, and Kermit thought about Scooter’s sentiment with concern, wondering if Xavier’s school taught their students how to use their gifts to destroy mankind, instead of saving it. He had heard of the stories that involved mutants who had caused havoc, such as a man whose magnetic abilities have sucked the iron out of one’s body or an animal-like being with keen senses and a violent behavior.

“A school whose student body is almost entirely remote. Remote in the extreme, I believe you said.” Kelly told Jean. “So remote, the location and purpose of this school was, until this very moment, unknown to the American people.” The confusion was finding focus; and the focus was Jean.

“That was simply for the protection of the students who…”

“Who what, Ms. Grey? Who melt metal with their minds, perhaps control human thought? What goes on in that school that no normal person has been allowed to set foot inside? Who is this Professor Xavier? And what exactly is he preparing these mutants for?”

“Education. Enlightenment.” Jean responded.

“Enlightenment, indeed.” Kelly remarked. “Well, I’ll put this to you, Dr. Grey. I am thinking that this Professor Xavier is an extremist. Nothing more than a Michigan Militia-man with a degree and some very ‘extreme’ parlor tricks. Tricks he does not yet want the world to see.” At that moment, the crowd had chosen its side, and Jean was not on it; however, Kermit seemed to be the only one who was willing to have a second thought.

“There are some things the world is not yet ready to…” But Kelly did not give Jean the chance to respond any further, since he knew that he had already won over the crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen of the press. Members of the committee. I put it to you that any mutant left alone may indeed be harmless to our national security; but if history has taught us anything, it’s that power unchecked is power to be corrupted. Unless we begin immediately to take action against the efforts of people like Dr. Grey and this…this Professor Xavier, a minority of a few thousand may very well be organized against a population of millions—totally unprepared for whatever unearthly perversions await them.”

The crowd reacted loudly in support of the Senator’s pontificate; some cheer, some roar, and some yell obscenities at Jean. Even Scooter got up from his seat, held up his left fist in the air, and shouted, “Protection for society! Protection for society!” That type of attitude from Scooter was very surprising to Kermit, who figured that he may’ve been spending too much time with Sam.

“Mutants are very real. They are among us.” Kelly stated. “We must know who they are. And above all, we must know what they can do.” As the crowd applauded for Kelly’s final words, Kermit’s gaze was hard on Jean Grey, who looked as if she had failed in her mission to form a peace between humans and mutants.

Moments later, outside the capital building where an angry mob had formed, voices roar in dissent when Jean emerged, coming down the steps without hesitation; she noticed signs of condemning mutants, a scarce few supporting them. Kermit and other reporters were behind Jean and more meet her in front, closing her in, with microphones shoved in her face. The reporters were asking questions like: how did Jean feel about the Senator’s statement? How is the mutant community reacting? Is it true mutants are dangerous? Is there a mutant plot to overthrow the government? Jean ignored all of the questions, trying to push through the crowd of reporters; but it was Kermit in the end who asked a more logical question for her to answer.

“Dr. Grey, why do you support the individuals that are separate from the regulars of society?” He asked, and Jean simply looked at Kermit, while everyone else had fallen silent, which really confused Kermit. That’s when the frog realized that everyone was watching a can of coke and its liquid trail, frozen in mid-air, a few inches from Jean’s face. Kermit was in awe over the hovering can, as he realized there and then that Jean Grey was really a mutant herself. “Well…I guess that answers my question.”

“We’re not the ones to be afraid of.” Jean told Kermit, as she slowly lowered the can to the ground, using her power of telekinesis. She shook her head, almost ashamed of the display, while the can rolled down the steps and people were moving away from it, as though the can itself was dangerous. The crowd stepped back in genuine fear, as an impeded Jean simply moved ahead, still shaking her head.

When Kermit and Scooter made it back to Manhattan that night and arrived in the Happiness Hotel, the first two people to greet them at the door were Fozzie and Gonzo, who were rather curious as to how their trip and the hearing went.

“So? What did they decide to do?” Gonzo asked.

“Are they gonna try to eliminate all of the mutants out there?” Fozzie inquired.

“They’re not trying to eliminate anyone, Fozzie.” Kermit said. “What Senator Kelly’s trying to do is keep the mutants and humans separate from each other, so there won’t be any dangerous altercations between the two.”

“But I still think that we should lock the front door to the hotel, just in case one of those mutants tries to force their way into the building.” Scooter suggested.

“Don’t you think that’s going a bit to the extreme, Scooter?” Kermit asked.

“You can never be too careful.” Scooter told Kermit. “Besides, think about what the senator said about that Xavier character, he’s an extremist himself! He could possibly send one of his students out to wipe out any of us at any given time.” Scooter’s statement made Fozzie very worried; so much in fact that he snatched the nearest thing he could clutch onto, and that happened to be Rizzo, who was carrying a slice of pizza and a can of Dr. Pepper.

“Oh! This whole thing is scaring the living daylights out of me!” Fozzie exclaimed. “I don’t want to be wiped out by some horrible outcast of nature!” Rizzo was desperately trying to break free from Fozzie’s grasps, while feeling a bit breathless.

“I don’t know if I should be more frightened of the mutated freaks out there or the furry menace that’s choking the life out of me in here!” shouted Rizzo, and he was finally able to wiggle out of Fozzie’s grasps. “If I want to be choking on anything, I’d like for it to be something off this pizza! Just do yourself a favor and go find a stuffed bear or something that you can strangle onto.” Rizzo walked away and left Fozzie thinking about what he suggested for him to do.

“Good idea.” Fozzie said. “My teddy will keep me safe from those mutants.” Fozzie quickly went upstairs to his room, while Scooter started heading out himself.

“Only a barb-wired fences, locked doors, and barricaded windows will keep us safe from mutants.” said Scooter, as he was moving away.

“Scooter, don’t you think you’re being a bit drastic about this whole thing?” Kermit asked.

“We’re living in drastic times, Kermit.” Scooter replied. “And you know the saying: drastic times call for drastic measures.” While Scooter headed out of the room, Kermit shook his head with discontent; but he wasn’t the only one that was uncomfortable with the whole “Mutant Watch” scenario.

“Kermit?” uttered Gonzo, and Kermit gazed at him, taking notice of the discontent that he was feeling as well. “This Xavier person that Scooter referred to…is he a mutant, too?”

“Well…I’m not sure, Gonzo.” Kermit said. “But…my hunch is that he must be one, if he’s running a school that’s filled with them.” Hearing Kermit’s reply to his question, Gonzo sighed with discomfort, and Kermit was quick to notice it. “What’s wrong, Gonzo?” It took Gonzo a short while to realize that Kermit had asked him a question, and once he did, he snapped out of the trance he was in and responded.

“Oh, nothing.” He said. “I was just thinking that…well…maybe it’s best if we give those that are different from us a chance. You know, get to know them, in order to trust them.” Kermit nodded in agreement with Gonzo.

“You sound a lot like Dr. Grey did.” Kermit commented.

“She sounds like a smart woman.” Gonzo said.

“Well, she has to be, if she wants to keep calling herself a doctor.” said Kermit, just before he pulled the latest issue of the Daily Bugle from his trenchcoat and handed it to Gonzo. “If you want to know more about Ms. Grey and Charles Xavier, just read that Daily Bugle issue.”

“Thanks, Kermit.” said Gonzo, as he gawked at the picture on the Bugle’s front page of Jean Grey.

“I’m gonna get some rest. It’s been one heck of a day.” said Kermit, while he was walking away from Gonzo and heading upstairs. “Good night, Gonzo.”

“Good night, Kermit.” murmured Gonzo, focusing on the Bugle’s main article, which gave information about Jean Grey, Charles Xavier, and the “School for Gifted Youngsters” that they were both involved with. The thing that caught Gonzo’s attention the most was the location of Xavier’s school. “It’s in Westchester, New York!”

“What’s in Westchester, New York?” asked a voice, which truly startled Gonzo, who screamed and startled the individual who owned the voice: Rizzo.

“You scared me!!” Gonzo cried.

“I scared you? You scared me!” remarked Rizzo, who was carrying a bag of jellybeans. “So, what is in Westchester that’s keeping you up this late at night?”

“Same thing that keeps you up every late night: urges!” said Gonzo, and Rizzo immediately hid the bag behind his back.

“Well, you can forget about taking my beans, because I found ‘em. Ya hear me? I found ‘em!” Rizzo shouted.

“No, no! I’m not talking about your…” said Gonzo, but he gave up, as soon as he realized who he was talking to. “Oh, forget it. You wouldn’t understand even if I told you.” Rizzo, anxious to know what Gonzo was thinking, was quick to convince Gonzo that he would understand.

“Hey, have I not understood anything that you’ve said or done?” inquired Rizzo, and there was a very quiet moment between Gonzo and Rizzo, as they both realized the awkwardness of Rizzo’s question and who it was directed towards. “Never mind. Forget I even asked that.”

“It was trick question anyway.” Gonzo uttered.

“Listen, I’d understand a lot better, if you’d just show me what’s in Westchester that’s got you so keyed up.” suggested Rizzo, and Gonzo took a deep breath and let it out for a moment, before looking around and seeing if there was anyone nearby; luckily, there wasn’t.

“Alright.” He said. “But we’ve gotta leave right now.”

“Tonight?!?!” exclaimed Rizzo, really surprised, and Gonzo shushed him to keep the others in the hotel from waking up. “Why the heck you wanna leave so soon?”

“Because I don’t want anyone, especially Kermit or Scooter, to know that I’m going there on my own freewill.” Gonzo replied.

“You don’t want to admit to them that you’re a mutant-lover?” asked Rizzo, and Gonzo was quiet for a brief moment, until he came out and said…

“I don’t want them to find out that I’m a mutant.” said Gonzo, and Rizzo was about to say something in an extremely loud tone, until Gonzo covered his mouth with his right hand. “I’m not one hundred percent sure about it right now, which is why I have to see this Xavier guy, so I can find out the truth.” Rizzo moved Gonzo’s hand away from his mouth, allowing himself to speak in a soft voice.

“But, Gonzo, just because you do a lot of stuff that some…no, a lot of people consider out of the ordinary doesn’t make you a mutant.” Rizzo stated.

“I’m the only one living in his hotel that doesn’t look normal.” Gonzo contradicted. “If no one can determine what I am or where I came from, then I’m definite that Mr. Xavier will.” Rizzo just shook his head with disbelief; he knew that Gonzo was determined in his quest to see Charles Xavier, and nothing was going to stop him.

“I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but…let’s hit the road.” said Rizzo, and Gonzo was happy that Rizzo was supporting him.

“Great!” exclaimed Gonzo, just as he lifted a set of keys and showed them to Rizzo. “We’ll take Fozzie’s Studebaker. Westchester only has to be a couple of miles from Manhattan.”

“Well, let’s just hope they’re willing to leave a welcome mat for us, because no regular person has been able to get into that type of school, unless…”

“Unless they look like me.” Rizzo couldn’t argue with Gonzo on that sentiment, which was why he supported him on his belief. “Now, let’s go, before the others find out.” Quickly, Gonzo and Rizzo headed out through the front door, beginning their journey to Xavier’s school.

TO BE CONTINUED....

muppetwriter

Reaction score
More of this "uncanny" story is told in Chapter Two.:wink:

Chapter Two (Part One):

It was quite a long drive from Fifth Avenue, Manhattan to Salem Center, Westchester, especially with Fozzie’s beat-up Studebaker breaking down between hours. By the time Rizzo and Gonzo made it to 1407 Graymalkin Lane, which was the exact location of the Professor Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, it was in the late part of the morning; Rizzo was beyond tired and only minutes away from drifting off to sleep, while Gonzo was anxious to see Professor Xavier and find out the truth about himself.

“Try to stay awake, Rizzo.” said Gonzo, elbowing the dreary Rizzo, who had been resting his head against Gonzo’s body, ever since they left Bedford. “We’re almost near the school’s gate.”

“Ohh, Gonzo.” uttered Rizzo, with his eyelids getting heavy. “Why couldn’t we just stay at a motel for the night?”

“Because they would’ve had the place quarantined if they found you in one of their rooms.” said Gonzo, and Rizzo seemed to have resented that remark. Once they were near the front gate of the mansion, Gonzo stuck his body out the window and pressed the “Call” button on the intercom. “Uh…h-hello?” There was a voice over the speaker that responded to Gonzo’s call, which sounded like that of an attractive woman.

You have reached the main entrance to Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters,” The voice stated, “State your name and purpose for your arrival.” Rizzo, who was beginning to wake himself up long enough to see what was going on, didn’t seem too impressed at the sight of Xavier’s mansion.

“This place better have some girls in bikinis walkin’ around there, or else I’m headin’ back to the slums of Fifth Avenue!” He said, while Gonzo did what the voice ordered him to do.

“My name’s Gonzo, and I’m here to see Professor Charles Xavier.” Gonzo said.

Before you are allowed to speak with Professor Xavier, you must first answer these three questions.” The voice demanded.

“Oh, great. A pop quiz.” A sarcastic Rizzo said. “And something tells me that you better get ‘em right, or they gonna send the dogs after ya.”

“They’re just three questions.” Gonzo told Rizzo. “How hard can they be?”

Question number one,” The voice said, “What is the genetic process of mutation?” It was that first question that really baffled Gonzo, since he was not all that familiar with the process of mutation.

“Er…Um…Can I use a lifeline?” inquired Gonzo, and Rizzo lowered his head in exasperation, realizing that he and Gonzo will never get past the gate and into the mansion, as long as they were being asked such hard-to-answer questions.

“Oh, geez!” uttered Rizzo, and he knew that there were two things that he could do at that moment: he could tell Gonzo that getting into the complex was useless and it was probably best to head back to Manhattan, or he could use his streetwise skills to get them out of their peculiar situation. Rizzo’s conscience was telling him the right thing to do for Gonzo’s sake; he hopped out of the Studebaker and walked over to the intercom, while Gonzo was still trying to find a proper answer for the difficult question.

“Uh…I guess the genetic process of mutation is…eating really bad cheese?” He answered, and Rizzo gave him a look that practically expressed how nutty he believed his answer was.

“Boy, if that was the case, then you can call me ‘Splinter’.” said Rizzo, just before he climbed up the pole that the intercom was attached to and started fiddling around with its circuitry inside, while the voice over the intercom evaluated Gonzo’s answer to the first question.

I am sorry, but that is not the correct answer. It is evident that you are not qualified for meeting Professor Xavier. Please leave the premises before security defenses are activated.

“I’ve got your security defenses right here, lady!” Crossing a couple of wires in the intercom, Rizzo was able to force the front gate to Xavier’s mansion open; however, he paid a price by handling such efficient wiring by accidentally electrocuting himself. “YEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!” The successful hacking had the voice over the intercom say the complete opposite of what it originally said before.

You-You-You are granted-granted-granted access to-to-to Xavier’s School for Gifted-Gifted-Gifted Youngsters. Enjoy-Enjoy your t-t-time here.” Gonzo, happy that his rat friend was able to prematurely hack into the mansion’s security system, got out of the Studebaker and checked to see if Rizzo, whose char-covered body was lying on the ground, was alright.

“Wow! That was really great!” said Gonzo, as he helped Rizzo off the ground. “How ya feelin’? Are you alright, Riz?” Rizzo’s eyes were nearly bulging out of his head, as he looked towards Gonzo’s direction.

“Oh, yeah. I-I-I’m fine.” Rizzo stammered. “But remind me to tell Bunsen and Beaker that if they want a hacker, they can call Neo, ‘cause I quit!”

“Well, I hope you’re not quitting on me now, because I’m gonna need you to come with me inside Xavier’s school.” begged Gonzo, as Rizzo shook the char off his body.

“Why do you need me to come with you?” Rizzo asked. “Someone as normal as I am can’t go into a place like that. They expect someone with standards that are far more bizarre than your own.”

“Well, I need someone to prove how bizarre I am.” Gonzo said. “Otherwise, they’ll think I’m just some kind of nut that wants attention.”

“Believe me, with your nose and personality, there’s no way those other weirdoes will think you’re just wantin’ attention.” remarked Rizzo, and though he knew Rizzo had a point, Gonzo still felt very uncomfortable about confronting Xavier by himself.

“But can you at least walk with me up to the front door?” asked Gonzo, and Rizzo sighed in frustration and told himself in his mind that if he was Gonzo’s real friend, then he would do it for him.

“Okay. Okay.” Rizzo said. “I’ll walk you up as far as the front door; but after that, I’ll be waitin’ for ya in the car. Deal?”

“Deal!” exclaimed Gonzo, and they both looked towards Xavier’s mansion and took deep breaths, for they knew the big encounter that awaited them.

“Alright. Let’s do this.” said Rizzo, just before they got back into the Studebaker and drove pass the opened front gate and up to the mansion’s front porch. Rizzo kept his promise and walked Gonzo up to the front door of the mansion, and as soon as they rang the doorbell, Rizzo was heading back to the Studebaker, which confused Gonzo.

“Hey, wait a minute.” Gonzo told Rizzo. “I thought you said that you were gonna help me through this.”

“Hey, I helped you as far as going up to the front door and ringing the doorbell.” Rizzo contradicted. “You’re on your own from there.”

“Yeah, but…” Before Gonzo could’ve said anything else, the front door slowly began to open, letting out an eerie creaking noise as it did so. Rizzo, truly freaked out by the noise and not wanting to deal with whatever was inside the mansion, started to walk away from the scene; but Gonzo grabbed him by his tail and held him back.

“Let me go! Let me go!” Rizzo cried. “I don’t wanna be here when some freaky monster pops out of nowhere and tries to eat me!”

“I don’t think they would eat anything that came off the streets, especially if they’re living in a fancy place like this.” assured Gonzo, and despite the fact that he was afraid at that moment, Rizzo was very offended by what Gonzo said.

“Hey, whaddya mean by that?” Rizzo asked. “What? Am I not edible enough? Huh?” Gonzo simply shook his head and turned away from Rizzo, not passing the opportunity to walk right through the front door and into the mansion, with a still-frightened Rizzo following very close behind. As soon as the two were in the foyer, the front door closed itself at the same pace it did when it was opening. Wandering through one of the many hallways inside the mansion, Gonzo and Rizzo were taken aback by the classiness of the hallway’s design.

“Wow!” Gonzo uttered. “You have to be some kind of industrialist to live in a place like this…or maybe even a superhero.”

“Yeah, well, I seriously doubt that this Xavier fella puts on black tights and goes out late at night to fight clowns.” commented Rizzo, and he & Gonzo jumped in surprise, when they heard the binging noise of a nearby elevator door that slid open. The two watched with concern as a man (whose features were so much like an animal, one would think he had animal in his blood) stepped out of the elevator and noticed Gonzo and Rizzo; his hair was coarse and black, sprouting wildly from his head. The man’s animal-like features were the first thing that Gonzo and Rizzo discovered about him, and the first thing that the man discovered about them was Gonzo’s unusual features.

“Who are you?” He asked, and Gonzo & Rizzo were speechless at first, until one of them was able to come up with something to reply.

“I-I’m Gonzo, and t-this is my buddy, Rizzo.” He said. “And we’re here to see Professor Charles Xavier. Do you know him?” The man looked at Gonzo and Rizzo a little closer, before he was sure enough to talk with them any further.

“No.” He replied. “Why do I have this feeling that you two aren’t residents here in this…place?”

“Maybe it’s because we don’t look like the type of guys who would live in a place like this.” Rizzo said. “But you, on the other hand, don’t seem to have the right appearance either.” The man was very offended by Rizzo’s comment about him; his hands suddenly began to tremble under his anger, until three steely claws, some nine inches long, sprung from the very flesh just above his knuckles. Gonzo and Rizzo were stunned by the sight of the man’s steel claws, both realizing what his mutation was.

“What do you mean by that, bub?” He asked Rizzo, who was hiding behind Gonzo, a lot more frightened than he was when he came through the front door.

“Uh, um, nothing! N-N-Nothing at all!” Rizzo said. “Hey, d-d-did anybody tell you that you look like the type of guy who’s really into Van Helsing?!” Gonzo could not stop staring at the man’s claws, ever since they extracted from his hands.

“That’s remarkable!” Gonzo exclaimed. “Say, what are you anyway?” After being asked that question, the man gazed at his claws, seeming as if he was ashamed of them.

“A genetic mistake.” He murmured, and Gonzo & Rizzo watch with great interest as the man’s claws retracted into the holes in his flesh that they came out from, healing very rapidly.

“Does it hurt when they come out?” asked Gonzo, and the man, again, was deep in thought before answering Gonzo’s question.

“All of the time.” He said, before he realized how harmless Gonzo and Rizzo were and decided to show a friendlier greeting. “The name’s Logan…but you can call me Wolverine.”

“That one won’t be hard to forget.” Rizzo told Gonzo, in a tone that was so low that Logan wouldn’t be able to hear him; but, unfortunately…

“Watch it, bub!” He told Rizzo, who was taken aback by his advanced hearing.

“How did he…Never mind. I don’t wanna know.” said Rizzo.

Rizzo’s whispering was not the only thing that Logan could hear from a far distance; he also heard a voice coming from one of the rooms in the mansion. Gonzo and Rizzo noticed how focused Logan was on the voice, and they followed its trail along with him. As they got closer to where the voice was coming from, it became clear as bell, coming from a room with a slightly ajar door.

Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo peeked into the room and saw, in front of the chalkboard, a massive blue, furry creature called Beast; besides two arms and two legs, the only remotely human thing on his ape-like face was a pair of wire spectacles. Beast addressed a class of kids between the ages of sixteen and seventeen; and besides the occasional physical alterations, there was an overall oddness to the group, giving way to the fact that, in some way or another, these were all mutants.

“Man! Did you ever land yourself in the right place, Gonzo!” commented Rizzo, and Gonzo was indeed very surprised to see a variety of characters that were far more unusual than he was. Beast was soon interrupted in his lecture, as he noticed Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo standing in the door.

“Can I help you?” asked Beast, and all of the students turned to see them, some of them giggling at the sight of Gonzo.

“Let’s get the heck out of here.” uttered Logan, just before he, Rizzo, and Gonzo turned and headed down the hallway to the left. They soon heard footsteps and quickly did a one-eighty back down the hallway, turning a corner and hugging the wall, and they afterwards halted.

“This is like something out of a prison break.” Gonzo said.

“That reminds me, I forgot to set the timer for tonight’s episode.” Rizzo told Gonzo. “I’ve gotta catch the rerun next week.”

Logan noticed a large oak door standing down the hall; he smelled something, taking in a deep breath and cocking his head to the side to listen. He turned and looked behind him, hearing more approaching footsteps.

“Someone’s about to enter the hall.” said Logan, and he, Rizzo, and Gonzo turned again, ready to run the other way, until they saw the shadows of two more people coming from the other direction.

“We’re trapped!” cried Rizzo, just as Logan gawked at the oak door again and realized that it was their only choice.

“That way!” He exclaimed, pointing at the oak door. “Follow me!” Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo lunged for the large oak door and burst through it; once they were inside the room, Logan shut the door and leaned his head back against it with Gonzo and Rizzo, all three of them completely exhausted.

“Good morning.” said a voice, and Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo opened their eyes to see a man sitting behind a large mahogany desk; he was Professor Charles Xavier, an intense and intelligent man. Gonzo was very pleased to have finally found Xavier, yet he was very intimidated by his appearance; Rizzo, on the other hand, was not so intimidated.

That’s Charles Xavier?” He said. “Does Captain Picard know that he stole his look?”

TO BE CONTINUED....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe no one has replied to this yet!!! It's is a truely fantastic marsterpiece, and I say that as a very avid fan of the X-men films (Ask Vibs, or Tabi, hehe). I loved how you included the can-of-coke scene which was cut from the movie!!! And Gonzo thinking he's a mutent is fabulous!!!

I'm going to be back soon to read chapter two!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, I'm back already. Hehe

the great muppet writer said:
"Because they would’ve had the place quarantined if they found you in one of their rooms.”
Hilarious! Really, it is!

There was a voice over the speaker that responded to Gonzo’s call, which sounded like that of an attractive woman.
Storm? Jean? Hmm...interestign thought about Jean, she became a Phoneix in later episodes...a phoneix is a sort of bird, chickens are birds, Gonzo loves chickens...

Not sure where I was going with that.

“Oh, great. A pop quiz.” A sarcastic Rizzo said. “And something tells me that you better get ‘em right, or they gonna send the dogs after ya.”
You got Rizzo's voice down well there man! "Oh great, a pop quiz." Fab!

Question number one,” The voice said, “What is the genetic process of mutation?
Did I mention that I like this Italics for the intercom voice?

I am sorry, but that is not the correct answer. It is evident that you are not qualified for meeting Professor Xavier. Please leave the premises before security defenses are activated.

“I’ve got your security defenses right here, lady!” Crossing a couple of wires in the intercom, Rizzo was able to force the front gate to Xavier’s mansion open; however, he paid a price by handling such efficient wiring by accidentally electrocuting himself. “YEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!”
Nice work Riz!

“Oh, yeah. I-I-I’m fine.” Rizzo stammered. “But remind me to tell Bunsen and Beaker that if they want a hacker, they can call Neo, ‘cause I quit!”
Oooh! Muppet Matrix..now THAT would be a movie worth seeing!!! Let's see, Kermit as Neo, Piggy as Trinity...ok, then I runout of casting options. Uncle Deadly as Agent Smith?

Gonzo grabbed him by his tail and held him back.
Light the lamp not the Rat! Light the lamp not the Rat!

“Yeah, well, I seriously doubt that this Xavier fella puts on black tights and goes out late at night."
OMG! Patrix Stewart in black tights...*shiver*

“Uh, um, nothing! N-N-Nothing at all!” Rizzo said. “Hey, d-d-did anybody tell you that you look like the type of guy who’s really into Van Helsing?!”
*snort*

Gonzo could not stop staring at the man’s claws, ever since they extracted from his hands.
Wau!

“Does it hurt when they come out?” asked Gonzo, and the man, again, was deep in thought before answering Gonzo’s question.

“All of the time.” He said, before he realized how harmless Gonzo and Rizzo were and decided to show a friendlier greeting. “The name’s Logan…but you can call me Wolverine.”
Um hmm. I'm sure I heard this dialouge somewhere....

Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo peeked into the room and saw, in front of the chalkboard, a massive blue, furry creature called Beast; besides two arms and two legs, the only remotely human thing on his ape-like face was a pair of wire spectacles. Beast addressed a class of kids between the ages of sixteen and seventeen; and besides the occasional physical alterations, there was an overall oddness to the group, giving way to the fact that, in some way or another, these were all mutants.

“Man! Did you ever land yourself in the right place, Gonzo!” commented Rizzo, and Gonzo was indeed very surprised to see a variety of characters that were far more unusual than he was. Beast was soon interrupted in his lecture, as he noticed Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo standing in the door.

“Can I help you?” asked Beast, and all of the students turned to see them, some of them giggling at the sight of Gonzo.
Now, didn't I read this scene was going to be in the movie? Hmm...problem is it may mess up the arrivel of Beast in X-3...

“That reminds me, I forgot to set the timer for tonight’s episode.” Rizzo told Gonzo. “I’ve gotta catch the rerun next week.”
Riz, did anyone teach you the correct time to speak? And when to keep silent. lol

“That way!” He exclaimed, pointing at the oak door. “Follow me!” Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo lunged for the large oak door and burst through it; once they were inside the room, Logan shut the door and leaned his head back against it with Gonzo and Rizzo, all three of them completely exhausted.
Phew...

“Good morning.” said a voice, and Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo opened their eyes to see a man sitting behind a large mahogany desk; he was Professor Charles Xavier, an intense and intelligent man.
Whoooo!

That’s Charles Xavier?” He said. “Does Captain Picard know that he stole his look?”[/COLOR]
Hahahahahahaha! *cough* Hahahahahahaaa!!!!!

From a Trekie as well as an X-Men fan that's Hilarious!!!

TO BE CONTINUED....
Can't wait!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wha ha ha! This is AWESOME!! Sorry I haven't commented yet, but it truly is great!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the comments. And, speaking of which...Happy Thanksgiving!!:smile:

Here's the rest of Chapter Two:

Chapter Two (Part Two):

“Would you three like some breakfast?” offered Xavier, and Rizzo got very enthusiastic over the mentioning of food.

“Aye, aye, Captain!” He exclaimed, dashing over to the food tray that was right next to Xavier’s desk and digging into the eggs, sausage, and pancakes that were on the plate. Logan, who was prepared for anything but what was taking place in that room, just stared at Xavier.

“You act like you expected us to come here. How...?” asked Logan, and Xavier tapped the side of his head with his finger.

You’re not the only one with gifts.” When Xavier spoke, his lips did not move; and it seemed that Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo (who was still busy “chowing down”) heard the voice in their heads. Gonzo was surprised and pleased to know that his suspicions of Xavier were correct; he was the mutant that he believed him to be. “Of course I am, my little blue friend. I must say that your interest in mutants pleases me.

“Whoa!” uttered Gonzo, who was caught off guard again by Xavier’s skills. “You are good!” In addition to Xavier’s voice in their minds, it was accompanied by the familiar sound of footsteps, indicating that perhaps Xavier had herded Logan, Gonzo, and Rizzo through the mansion with his mind, which Logan did not like at all. Xavier came out from behind his desk, and Gonzo, Rizzo, and Logan noticed that he was in a motored wheelchair.

“What am I doing here?” Logan asked him.

“Logan, I brought you here so that you would be safe from Magneto.” Xavier replied.

“What’s a Magneto?” Gonzo inquired.

“Sounds like something out a Saturday mornin’ cartoon to me.” commented Rizzo, as he bit off a piece of sausage.

“Magneto is a very powerful mutant who, for some reason, has taken an interest in you.” Xavier explained.

“Must be the claws.” Rizzo assumed. “Chicks dig those claws.”

“Magneto is a man, my friend.” Xavier told Rizzo, who was a little surprised.

“Oh, well…in that case, I don’t think I wanna know why he’s takin’ such an interest in wolf-boy here.” Rizzo uttered.

“I’m not sure why, but until we find out, I must ask you to stay.” suggested Xavier, and Logan took a moment to look him over; he was obviously a kind man who was offering his help. Logan was silent for a long moment, and then he gave Xavier his answer…

“No thanks.” He said, just before he went to the door, leaving a disappointed Xavier watching him go. Gonzo, who refused to leave the mansion as early as Logan did, excitedly approached Professor Xavier; he thought of all of the times that he was called a “whatever” and felt like he had no place in the world. The life of Gonzo the Great was about to take a tremendous turn at that very moment in time.

“Professor Xavier, I know my visit here isn’t very official,” Gonzo said, “But I’ve got to know something important…”

“You want to know if you’re one of us.” interjected Xavier, and Gonzo didn’t bother to tell how surprised he was again of the Professor’s ability, only because he already knew through his mind. For a moment, Xavier looked up, down, left, and right at Gonzo, analyzing his wacky appearance and determining what species he was. “Well, though I cannot exactly explain what you are…”

“I often go as ‘whatever’ or ‘weirdo’.” Gonzo interrupted. “And I remember once someone classified me as a monster, but I think they had me confused with the other blue character.” Xavier grinned at Gonzo, but quickly went back to a serious tone, realizing how serious Gonzo was taking his situation.

“The only logical thing that I can do for you is keep you here in the school, long enough to find out whether you have abilities or not.” promised Xavier, and hearing what he said made Rizzo stop eating and protest on his own behalf.

“Hold it! Hold it!” Rizzo exclaimed. “You mean to tell me that we’re gonna have to spend more than one day here in this house of a thousand freaks?!”

“Rizzo, please don’t be trouble…at least not in front of Mr. Xavier.” Gonzo pleaded.

“Hey, you said that we only had to be here for a measly couple of hours, before ‘Wheels’ here told ya whether or not you were part of the ‘Mutant World’ or the ‘Muppet World’.” Rizzo said. “Look, Gonzo, you’re my best pal, and I’d love to keep goin’ along with this little journey of yours, but I’m gonna hafta draw the line right here!” Gonzo just stared at Rizzo for a very long moment and then looked over at Professor Xavier, who just watched him and Rizzo argue amongst themselves observantly; it was then that he made a decision that would truly shock Rizzo.

“Fine, Rizzo.” He stated. “You just go back to Manhattan without me. ‘Cause I’m staying here in Westchester with Professor Xavier.” And, indeed, Rizzo was shocked by Gonzo’s sudden decision.

“Y-Y-You’re what?!?!” He exclaimed.

“Just tell Kermit and the others that I might be away for quite a while, because…because I’m trying to accept what I really am…a mutant.” said Gonzo, and Rizzo had a very hard time accepting Gonzo’s decision, fumbling his words as he tried to talk him out of it.

“B-B-B-But…Y-Y-Y-You c-c-c-can’t j-j-j-just…”

“It’s my final decision, Rizzo. I wanna know the truth about where I come from and who I am. And if I am the mutant that I was born to be, then you can tell Scooter that he can build his barb-wired fences and he can lock his doors and barricade his windows, because none of those things can keep us mutants away from society!” Rizzo just could not believe what Gonzo was saying to him; at first he wanted to believe that his best friend was just pulling his tail, but when he realized how serious Gonzo had been about the whole ordeal, he gave up trying to talk him out of his decision.

“Alright, buddy.” acknowledged Rizzo, with a sincerely disappointed tone. “I-I-If that’s how you feel…”

“I’m sorry, Rizzo.” Gonzo uttered. “But I have to know the truth.” At that moment, Rizzo had gone from being very disappointed to very angry in a matter of seconds.

“Well, ya know somethin’? The truth ain’t out there!” He shouted. “It’s just another governmental setup, like Roswell, Watergate, and Bush choking on that pretzel!”

That was a setup?!” asked Gonzo, referring to the last item mentioned by Rizzo.

“How else do ya think he got elected for a second term?!” remarked Rizzo, and Gonzo had a stunned expression on his face, after hearing that revelation. “Ya know what? Go ahead, Gonzo! Go ahead and try to catch up with your mutated roots!” Rizzo started making his way towards the door, but he stopped for a brief moment to say one last thing. “But just remember this…Jim would’ve never turned his back on the franchise!!” And with that, Rizzo departed from Xavier’s office and the mansion itself, leaving Gonzo feeling sad, disappointed, angry, and confused, all in the same time.

Do not worry yourself about your friend, Gonzo.” Xavier’s voice echoed through Gonzo’s mind. “He just hasn’t learned to accept those that are different from him.

“But if that were the case, then why would he hang around with me?” Gonzo asked. “I mean, just look at me. I can’t get any more different than anyone else in the Happiness Hotel.”

Well, thankfully, you’ve found a place where you’re just the same as those around you.

“Thanks, Professor.” Gonzo said. “But, uh, do you mind if we set one thing straight between the two of us?”

Of course not. What do you wish to be done?

“Could you please not talk through my mind? That was cool at first, but after a while, it kinda grows on you, if you know what I mean.”

Sorry.” And, respecting Gonzo’s wishes, Xavier began talking the old-fashioned way: through his own mouth. “Now, if you wish to discover whether you’re of a mutant lineage or not, we must discuss some of the things that you and others around you consider being…uncanny.”

“Uncanny things like what?” Gonzo asked.

“Well, you know, melting another person’s car in the middle of the street or freezing a warm soda with the breath of your lungs or…”

“Shooting myself out of a cannon?” Xavier thought carefully about that concept of being uncanny.

“Not quite what I’d call uncanny.”

“How ‘bout eating a rubber tire to ‘The Flight of the Bumblebee’?” Still, Xavier found the concept somewhat hard to believe, but it wasn’t uncanny enough to be considered a mutant trait.

“Um…do you happen to have any emotional abilities that one would consider to be uncanny?” Gonzo thought hard about any of his emotional traits; and then one thing popped in his mind that he shared with the Professor.

“The greatest love interest in my life has been a chicken.” He said, and Xavier slightly lowered his head and rubbed his eyes, as if he was getting a bit of a migraine from trying to figure out if Gonzo had any mutant skills in him. “Oh, and I can’t forget to mention the time that I recited Shakespeare while hanging on a feather boa by my nose, or the time that I tap-danced in a bowl of hot oatmeal while singing ‘Top Hat’.”

“Gonzo,” said Xavier, as he wheeled himself closer to Gonzo, “Perhaps I’ll have a better chance discovering what I’d like to know about you, if I were to have a moment to read your thoughts.” Gonzo thought about the Professor’s proposal, and it didn’t seem to bother him any.

“Um, okay.” Gonzo affirmed. “But I have to warn you that my mind is usually the last thing anyone would want to read.”

“Follow me.” Xavier told Gonzo, as he telepathically opened the door to his office and led Gonzo out into the hall.

END OF CHAPTER TWO

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me so long to get another chapter in. But now that I'm finished with my third semester of college, I have all of the time in the world to get more and more of the Muppets/X-Men story in (that is, until mid-January).:smile:

Let's get back on track with Chapter Three:

Chapter Three (Part One):​

Later that evening, after realizing that it was useless for him to drive such an enormous vehicle like the Studebaker (especially with someone of his stature), Rizzo headed over to the nearest train station in Westchester and decided to take a train back to Manhattan. While he was there, he also decided to contact Kermit over an available payphone and inform him of all that had been happening with him and Gonzo. From all of what Rizzo was telling him, Kermit was surprised and upset that Gonzo was successful in handling such a task that seemed ignorant and intelligent at the same time.

“Yeah…well, I don’t know about the intelligent part, Kermit,” Rizzo said, “But you’ve hit the ignorant part on the money.”

Did you at least try to stop him?” asked Kermit, over the phone.

“I did everything but drop a gamma-radiated bomb on him.” Rizzo remarked. “I’m tellin’ ya…Gonzo has gone completely nuts with this whole ‘I was a teenage mutant’ thing.”

Does this ‘mutant school’ have a phone number or something that I can use to contact Gonzo?

“The place is secured tighter than Fort Knox.” Rizzo said. “I’ll be surprised if you’re able to get into it like we did.” At that moment, Rizzo heard an announcement made over the station’s intercom that a one-way train trip to Manhattan was boarding. “Hey, listen, Kermit, I’ve gotta get goin’. My train’s leavin’ for Manhattan in five minutes.”

Your train?!?!

“Yeah. And be sure to tell Fozzie that if he wants his Studebaker any time soon, it’ll be in front of Charles Xavier’s mansion in Westchester…that is, if it doesn’t get towed away to Frank’s Fix-It Shop first. Gotta go!” As Rizzo hung up the phone, Kermit’s voice was still coming through the receiver, asking a lot of important questions that evidently won’t be answered…at least not from Rizzo.

Moments later, Rizzo was on board a silver Amtrak that was moving speedily through a dark countryside. The streetwise rat was sitting by a window seat, somewhere inside of the third passenger car, and he was thinking about Gonzo and the big decision he made to stay at Xavier’s mansion and learn what kind of a mutant he was. Rizzo silently uttered to himself as he looked out at the trees that were passing by in the dark.

“This is ridiculous. I come all the way to Westchester, only to be forced to go back to Manhattan in a train, after realizing that I’m too small to drive a comically dysfunctional bear’s uncle’s car, with my best friend cooped up in some funky mansion with some freaky people.” He said, just before letting out a big, depressed sigh. “Life couldn’t get any worse for a rat like me.”

While Rizzo was continuing to stare out at the dark atmosphere outside the train, a conductor made his way through the half-filled car of commuters and collected tickets. He passed a restroom and exited the car, taking a seat somewhere else. Suddenly, Logan emerged from the restroom, having avoided paying his fare. A few seats in front of Logan were four large guys in their early twenties, sitting in a grouping of seats that faced one another; they were college guys that all went by the name of Brad, drinking from beer cans in paper bags.

Meanwhile, the depressed Rizzo was still staring out the window and thinking about what life at the Happiness Hotel would be without his zany presence, just as a lone, oddly pretty twenty-year-old girl named Rogue approached the section of the car that he was sitting at. From the shawl around her head to her boots, layers of odd clothing wrap every inch of her body, except her face and hands; she was a runaway with a dirty duffle bag.

“Excuse me.” Rogue asked Rizzo.

“Yeah, whaddya want?” remarked Rizzo, without even looking at Rogue.

“Would it be alright if I sat next to you?” She inquired.

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Rizzo said. “Plant your butt wherever ya like, it’s a free country.” Rogue, who didn’t seem to be offended by Rizzo’s sudden attitude, was just pleased to be finally going someplace that was a lot better than where she was momentarily; she sat down next to Rizzo and tried to converse with him, despite the fact that he was in a bad mood at that moment in time.

“Nothin’ personal, but I would expect anyone that’s ridin’ a train would be carryin’ some luggage.” She said.

“Well, I guess ya can say that I’m not the type that’s actually goin’ on a trip.” said Rizzo, still not facing Rogue as he spoke. “My friend’s car is too big for me to drive out of Westchester, so I’m forced to take a train back to Manhattan.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Rogue uttered.

“Yeah, well, I wouldn’t be in this mess if the friend that I came to Westchester with hadn’t decided to stay with Professor Charles Xavier.” said Rizzo, and when Rogue heard that name come out of Rizzo’s mouth, she seemed very mesmerized by it.

“Charles Xavier?” She said.

“Yeah, the goofball that supports the mutant race, only because he’s a mutant also.” Rizzo stated. “Anyways, my buddy decides that he wants to go see him to find out whether or not if he is a mutant, too.”

“Is he?” Rogue asked.

“Not even Xavier’s sure whether he is or not!” Rizzo exclaimed. “And because he’s not sure, he decides to keep Gonzo there for further observation…or something like that.”

“Gonzo?” said Rogue, enthralled and bewildered by the name. “Well, if you ask me, that seems to be the perfect name for a mutant.”

“Oh, yeah? And how would you know that?” asked Rizzo, and Rogue shamefully looked down at her hands, fretting over how she would answer Rizzo’s question.

“Well…I…I just think that…”

“Listen, I know ya mean well, wantin’ to have a pleasant conversation and all, but I really don’t feel like…” When Rizzo finally looked towards Rogue, he was stunned by her youthful beauty; it was at that moment when he realized that he had given up a seat to what he believed was a young goddess. “I don’t know why, but…my tail feels a little hard right now.”

Rizzo was not the only one that was captivated by Rogue’s beauty. The Brads sitting across the aisle from her and Rizzo were captivated as well, staring directly at Rogue and making lewd comments about her; they had obviously been drinking for a while.

“Hey.” said one of the Brads, and Rogue & Rizzo looked at him for a brief moment, and then they quickly look away.

“Just ignore him.” uttered Rogue, but the Brad wouldn’t give up.

“Hey…Hey, I’m talking to you.” He said, and the Brads laughed amongst themselves at Rogue’s reaction.

“Where are you going?” asked a second Brad, looking at Rogue’s duffle bag.

“Aww…look, guys…she’s shy.” The first Brad uttered.

“Well, I’d be pretty shy too, if I were sitting next to a rat!” commented a third Brad, and Rizzo was angered by his comment.

“Hey, buddy, what don’t ya do yourself a favor and ram your head against a coke machine or somethin’?” said Rizzo, just before a fourth Brad grabbed Rizzo by the tail and threw him across the car. Screaming at the top of his lungs, Rizzo soared across the air and landed right in a bag of chips that another passenger had been eating. “Whoa! I’ve been saved by Doritos!” Meanwhile, the fourth Brad, who was closest to Rogue, leaned toward her.

“Never mind about that pest.” He told her. “I’ll keep you company.” Rogue was silent and turned her back on him, trying to ignore him. “Hey…I’m talking to you.” Rogue continued to ignore him, which got the fourth Brad angry and the other Brads laughing over his failure. “I said I’m talking to you!!” Rogue looked down, trying not to look at them; but the fourth Brad would not be ignored. He reached out to the one place that was not covered by clothing that he could reach: Rogue’s hand lying at her side. “I said…”

The fourth Brad suddenly grabbed Rogue’s hand, and his eyes opened wide as if he was in shock; an instant later, he collapsed and Rogue reeled back. The other three Brads stood up, completely angered with Rogue for what she did to their friend.

“Hey, what did you do?” The first Brad asked.

“Don’t touch me.” Rogue demanded; she stood, frightened and confused, while the third Brad blocked her in.

“Hey, Brad…she’s a mutant freak!” The third Brad exclaimed, as Rogue moved to get away, but the first Brad shoved her, making her fall to the floor of the train, right next to Logan’s feet. The first Brad moved toward her, just as Logan stepped in front of him.

“How about you sit down and leave the kid alone, alright?” Logan suggested.

“She’s a mutant.” The first Brad said.

“Yeah, well, nobody’s perfect.” remarked Logan, while Rogue was getting up and huddling toward the rear of the train.

“Why don’t you take a seat, ‘Freak-Lover’?!” shouted the first Brad, shoving Logan backward. Logan gathered himself, as the fourth Brad was regaining consciousness, though he was still very weak. The second and third Brads stood to back their friend against Logan; it was now three against one, and all the passengers were watching. Meanwhile, Rizzo was still stuck in the bag, munching down on the orange-colored chips inside; he was oblivious to everything that was happening outside.

“Man, I should really eat these things more often.” Rizzo uttered, as Logan confronted the three Brads.

“Listen…I don’t want any trouble.” He said.

“Well, you got trouble.” The first Brad told him, as he slammed his fist into Logan’s stomach, until Logan grabbed his fist and lifted him up and over, slamming him into the train floor. The second Brad grabbed a commuter’s briefcase and smashed it on Logan’s head; it burst open, throwing its contents everywhere. Logan turned to the second Brad, who stared wide-eyed as the gash on Logan’s head started to heal.

Suddenly, the first Brad was up; he grabbed Logan around the neck from behind and held him in his head lock, while the second and third Brads started punching him in the stomach and face. Logan was taking quite a beating, and naturally the entire train of people was doing nothing. After eating a whole bag of chips, the full and satisfied Rizzo stuck his head out of the bag and tried to compose his stomach.

“Ohhh…I haven’t felt this horrible since that Swedish Chef fed me those dancing bananas! That was the last time I trusted anyone who said it was peanut butter and jelly time!” uttered Rizzo, and it wasn’t long before he realized how everyone was staring at the incident that was taking place nearby. “Hey, w-what’s goin’ on? Are Britney and Madonna kissing again or somethin’?” Little did he know that Logan, who he met inside Xavier’s mansion, was in serious trouble with the group of Brads.

The pupils on Logan’s eyes were getting smaller, and his brow furrowed like a wolf at the same time a low, guttural growl was heard. Just then, Logan’s feet kicked out; his left foot struck the first Brad in the face knocking him backward, while his right foot hooked around the second Brad’s head, dragging him forward. With his left hand, Logan grabbed the second Brad by the throat, squeezing his esophagus; he was paralyzed, with his eyes rolling up as the oxygen was cut off.

As the second Brad collapsed, the third one was running out of the car with the other passengers, except for Rizzo, who was dropped to the floor along with the emptied bag of chips. A transit cop pushed past the fleeing passengers into the car. The first Brad still bear-hugged Logan from behind; Logan reached and pushed his knuckles against the first Brad’s leg. Suddenly, there was the sound of metal extending, then the sound of the first Brad howling in pain, and finally the sound of metal extracting.

The first Brad released Logan and stared down at three punctured holes in his leg. Logan wheeled around, kicked him to the floor, and punched him. All eyes in the train were on Logan, as he raised his fist; he was at the peak of his rage, with his metallic claws extending from his hands. Rizzo and the passengers stare in disbelief, and even Rogue was astonished.

“I can’t believe this is the same guy that I met only a few hours ago!” Rizzo cried, while the transit cop pointed a gun at Logan.

“Freeze…transit police! Drop your weapon!” He ordered, as Rizzo turned to him and gave him a sarcastic look.

“I think ya better know that those ain’t household appliances sticking out of his hands, buddy.” Rizzo told the cop. “The only way he’ll drop those weapons is if ya cut his hands off…and I don’t think ya can even do that!”

Logan paused, but only for a second, while the first Brad was wailing for his life. But the rage had taken over, and Logan raised his blades to finish what he started. That’s until the train lurched violently, causing Logan to fly backward. The train had been brought to a sudden stop; however, the wheels were still turning, until they were finally shut down. The lights were out in the train, and everyone gathered themselves.

“Boy, this just ain’t the night to be in Westchester, is it?” complained Rizzo, just before there came a low grinding creak and the sound of metal bending, with rivets popping. “When will the madness stop here?!?!” And at that moment, like the top of a sardine can, the entire side wall of the train car was peeled off, revealing the terrified passengers inside and five wicked mutants (Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Toad, and Pyro) on the outside.

TO BE CONTINUED...​

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's the rest of the third chapter. Enjoy!:big_grin:

Chapter Three (Part Two):​

Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, often known as the rebellious mutant named Magneto, was strong and vital for someone after sixty years of age. Survivor of a hard life in the Auschwitz death camp, Erik possessed a power over magnetism; his experience in death camps had shaped his outlook on the current situation that mutants faced in the world. Determined that such atrocities would never be committed against mutant-kind, he was willing to use deadly force to protect mutants, whom he had several times expressed would eventually become the dominant life form on the planet. Erik constantly wavered between wanting to exist in harmony with Homo sapiens, wanting a separate homeland for mutants, and wanting to enforce his superiority over all humanity. His methods were often extreme, but his goals were often noble at their root.

Following Erik on his quest for mutant superiority were Sabretooth (a bloodthirsty mercenary who would not hesitate to murder innocent people to fulfill his contracts; he possessed a great healing factor—a thousand times more stronger than Logan’s—and the upcoming altercation was not his first with him), Mystique (a shape-shifting mutant whose history seemed very mysterious), Toad (whose name lived up with his special abilities, which were superhuman leaping and extending his tongue great distances and ensnaring objects and people), and Pyro (a young, ambitious mutant with a power to manipulate flame by shaping it as he desired; however, he couldn’t actually create fire, so he usually carried a flamethrower or cigarette lighter).

With a final thrust, the air rippled and Magneto tossed the car wall to the side. Passengers from the other cars stared wide-eyed out their windows. The train had stopped at a railroad crossing, with the gates down. Rizzo had taken a strong notice of the five mutants, who were members of a “Brotherhood of Mutants,” that had torn apart their train.

“I don’t believe it.” Rizzo uttered. “We’re being attacked by a group of Spinal Tap rejects.”

“You can come out now, Logan.” Magneto said. “You’re among friends.” The transit cop got to his feet, brandishing his pistol.

“Freeze!” He yelled, and with a turn of his finger, Magneto drew the pistol to him. The cop held tight and was yanked off the train, onto the ground. With another twist of his hand, Magneto made the gun leap from the cop’s grasp and hover, pointing at the cop’s head.

“You Homo Sapiens and your guns.” uttered Magneto, just as the gun cocked itself, ready to blow the cop’s head away; but that was until…

“That’s enough, Erik! Let him go!” Someone ordered, and everyone turned to see Xavier, seated in his wheelchair—flanked by Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Gonzo; all, save Xavier and Gonzo, were in X-Men uniform. As thunder rumbled across the sky, Rizzo peaked over a frightened man’s shoulder and noticed Gonzo with the good mutants.

“Gonzo? Oh, I never thought I’d be glad to see him at the right moment.” Rizzo said, as Magneto confronted Xavier.

“I’ll never understand your regard for them, Charles.” Magneto said.

“And I’ll never understand terrorists.” Xavier remarked.

“I am trying to save our kind, Charles. You should do the same.”

“Not at the cost of lives, Erik.” Xavier’s metal chair was gripped by magnetic forces; it shook and began to inch towards Magneto.

“I go by ‘Magneto’, Charles.” He said, as the chair was pulled closer to him. Cyclops stepped forward, and Xavier didn’t need to turn to know help was coming. Magneto noticed and respected Cyclops’s power and the chair stopped moving.

“It’s alright, Scott.” Xavier said. “It’s alright.”

Gonzo was impressed with all of the mutant powers that he was witnessing before him; never had he seen abilities that were far uncanny than his own…that’s if he had any abilities of his own.

“What do you want with Wolverine?” He asked Magneto, who was impressed himself to see Gonzo involved with Xavier and his group.

“Hmm…it seems you have a new addition to the family, Charles.” said Magneto, focusing on Gonzo and his unusual appearance. “No doubt that one is definitely one of us.” Gonzo was somewhat pleased to hear Magneto’s conformation, although he was still unsure exactly what kind of mutant he was.

“My newfound friend is not the matter at hand here, Erik.” Xavier stated. “What do you want with Logan?” Magneto smiled, tapping his metal helmet with his left index finger.

“Can’t read my mind?” He inquired, and Xavier’s expression faltered; it appeared as if the helmet had been made to block Xavier from doing just that. “I’ll tell you something, Charles…we are more alike now than we were when we started.”

“Is that so?” Xavier said.

“Still trying to make the world safe for our kind. Still trying to find a way to introduce ourselves…definitively.” Magneto uttered.

“Your definition of definitive was always a bit extreme for me, Erik.” Xavier replied. “What is it like these days?”

“Let’s just say that I am out to make some radical changes.” Magneto told him. “Now, come on, Charles. For old times sake, for your sake…leave him to me.” Logan slowly arose from the huddled passengers, with Sabretooth fighting the urge to move on him. Logan glared back at Sabretooth. “Ahh…there you are, brother. I believe you possess something I am very much in need of.”

“And what’s that? King-size sideburns?” Rizzo jested, as Sabretooth roared uncontrollably and punched Toad in the stomach, doubling him over. Oddly, Toad was laughing and standing upright.

“Do it again.” said Toad, and with another roar and punch, Toad was crying and laughing at the same time. “Oh, God, it hurts! Do it again!” Magneto took notice of the incident that was unfolding before him; he was momentarily stunned, while Pyro suddenly grabbed hold of his face.

“I’m blind!!” He cried, as Mystique morphed into a small child and began tugging at Magneto’s pant leg.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” She said. The unusual and sudden actions from the members of the Brotherhood of Mutants not only surprised Magneto, but Gonzo and Rizzo as well.

“It’s hard to believe that half of the ‘Mutant Threat’ is coming from a bunch of loonies that act like they live on Sesame Street.” Rizzo uttered.

“Gee, I bet Christmastime is really fun at their house.” said Gonzo, just as Magneto realized and looked at who the cause of it all was: Xavier, with his eyes concentrating, had all of Magneto’s minions under his psychic control; Magneto was absolutely furious at that.

“If I could make you understand.” He said. “If you could just be made to see it the way I do. The way it’s going to be.”

“The way what is going to be?” Xavier asked.

“I’m going to change the world with or without you as a witness, Charles.” remarked Magneto, pointing to Logan. “And this one gets a front row seat.”

“What do you mean to do?” said Xavier, and Magneto stepped back a little further; his oddly behaving consorts followed.

“This checkmate goes to you. I didn’t want to hurt anyone.” Magneto told Xavier. “But you leave me no choice.”

“What’s he talking about?” inquired Gonzo, as Sabretooth and Toad walked away, still with the punching and asking to be punched. Magneto took the little girl/Mystique by the hand and the blind Pyro by the arm and led them away to their waiting helicopter, humiliated. “I don’t understand! What’s going on?!?”

“It’s for the best if you don’t understand, Gonzo. Trust me.” said Xavier, just before he and Gonzo turned back to Logan, still standing in the train car, amidst all the huddled passengers. Suddenly, all the passengers (except Rogue and Rizzo) lied on the floor and seated and went to sleep; a few of them even snored.

“And I thought this was supposed to be the ‘city that never sleeps.’” commented Rizzo, taken by surprise over the sudden lack of consciousness from the passengers. Gonzo (for the first time since he, Xavier, and the X-Men arrived at the scene) was happy to see Rizzo inside the torn apart train car, safe and unharmed.

“Rizzo!” He exclaimed, running up to his dear friend. “Are you alright? Why in the world did you take the train? What happened to the Studebaker?”

“Yes, I’m alright,” Rizzo answered, “And I took the train because I’m too small to drive the Studebaker.”

“Too small?” said Gonzo.

“Yes, too small!” Rizzo exclaimed. “Gobo Fraggle has a better chance at driving that thing than I do!”

“Well, despite the fact that the Studebaker is sitting out in the middle of nowhere and bound to be towed away in a matter of hours, it’s good to see that you’re alright.”

“Gee, thanks.” stated a sarcastic Rizzo, while Xavier and the X-Men approached Logan and Rogue; Rizzo was quick to notice the outlandish uniforms on Jean, Storm, and Cyclops.

“Uh, not to disappoint you people, but there aren’t much comic book conventions in this part of the state.” Rizzo bantered, and Cyclops gave the streetwise rat an unsure look.

“Why did we keep him awake?” He asked Xavier.

“Because he knows much more about you guys than I do.” Gonzo told Cyclops. “He’s with us on stopping Magneto from eliminating all ordinary life on the planet.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold a sec!” Rizzo protested. “Since when did I come in on all of this stuff, all I did was offer a seat to a hot tomato that turned out to be a mutated potato! What am I? The Rosa Parks of the mutant race? I’M NOT EVEN A MUTANT FOR CRYIN’ OUT LOUD!!!”

“Maybe we should put him to sleep.” suggested Gonzo, and Xavier looked towards Rizzo, just before he collapsed onto Gonzo’s arms and went to sleep. “Hey, I think you set a record on that one.”

“Now will you come back with us?” Xavier asked Logan, who had an uncomfortable look crossing his face.

“Look, I appreciate your concern.” Logan remarked, as Xavier indicated the train’s wreckage. “But, I do better on my own.”

“You got less than sixty miles today. So, I’ll make you a deal, Logan.” He said. “Two days. If we haven’t figured out what Magneto wants with you by then…I’ll bring you back myself.” Logan looked up at Xavier suspiciously, hating that he was making sense. As Xavier moved closer, Logan looked over at Rogue, covered in her layers of clothes; Storm was helping her off the train, yet taking care not to touch her skin.

“What’re you going to do with her?” Logan asked. Xavier looked to Rogue, with warmth coming over his face…a look of understanding. At a glance he had read her mind; he knew her pain…her struggle. Rogue looked to Xavier, their eyes meeting each other.

“Rogue is a beautiful girl, with an extraordinary power.” Xavier commented.

“I’ll say.” acknowledged Gonzo, looking up and down at Rogue. “Say, can you shape-shift like that other mutant woman could? If you can, do you think you could turn into a chicken?” Rogue gave him a very strange look, but she was able to show off somewhat of a smile, amused by his weird sense of humor.

“Her power isn’t shape-shifting, Gonzo,” Xavier said, “but if she wanted to, she could take Mystique’s power and use it…however, she could also take Mystique’s life as well.”

“Oh…well, I guess that’d be cool, too.” said Gonzo, while Xavier focused on Logan again.

“Anyway, her power is one that even her own family isn’t able to accept.” Xavier indicated. “She’s been on her own for weeks now, searching for a home. A place to belong.”

“Gosh…there are very few places like that here in New York.” Gonzo said. “Where will she be able to find one like that?”

“At the mansion…with us.” replied Xavier, as Logan looked at Rogue and then at Xavier.

“Forty-eight hours, old man.” Logan affirmed. “But if you cross me, I won’t feel any guilt about what I do to you.” Gonzo swallowed hard at the thought of what Logan could do to him or any of the X-Men, if they actually did dare to mess with such a wild animal-like man.

“Deal.” said Xavier, and Logan eyed the rest of the gang until he settled his gaze on Jean Grey, offering a faint seductive smile; that was not lost on Cyclops.

END OF CHAPTER THREE

Coming up next...Gonzo the Great becomes Gonzo the first X-Muppet!!:concern:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
While we're all waiting for the next chapter of the story to arrive on this thread, let's turn to those two old hecklers, Statler and Waldorf, and see what they think about the story so far.

Statler: What's the name of this story again?

Waldorf: I think it's called "X-Men Mark The Spot".

Statler: Sounds like the autobiography of Rowlf the Dog.

Both: Dohohohoho!!

Waldorf: If there's one thing that I can't stand in a comic book movie, it's a comic book fanfic inspired by a comic book movie.

Statler: I have to agree with you there. The worst part of this particular fanfic is the addition of those lame entertainers from that lame variety show.

Waldorf: I didn't know the cast of Saturday Night Live was in this story.

Statler: You old fool, I'm talking about Kermit the Frog and those other Muppet weirdoes.

Waldorf: Oh! Well, you gotta admit that the story with the Great Gonzo is mildly interesting.

Statler: If I wanted to know what the freak really was, I'd just watch Muppets From Space.

Waldorf: He's a whatever, he's a chicken, he's an alien, he's a mutant...will Gonzo ever find out what he is?

Statler: Who cares? I just want to see how this story ends.

Waldorf: The same way the movie ended....with a pointless conversation between two old creeps.

Statler: Sounds like Friday night at your house.

Statler & Waldorf: Dohohohoho!! *they stop, realize the seriousness of the issue, and both frown*

Statler: You know what this story needs....visual aid!

Waldorf: You mean pictures?

Statler: *sarcastic* No, I mean Nurse Carroll holding your eyelids open like the day she did while you were watching that episode of The O.C. *for real* Yes, I mean pictures!

Waldorf: Oh! Well, why didn't you say so? Personally, I'd appreciate any kind of picture that has Jean Storm and Grey in those leather X-Men uniforms.

Statler: Ugh!

Waldorf: What's the matter?

Statler: It's not Jean Storm, old fool! It's Jean Grey!

Waldorf: Then who's that African woman with the white hair that changes the course of the weather?

Statler: Storm!

Waldorf: *looking up* It is?

Statler: *shakes head* Waldorf, you old fool, why don't you do what your smilie is doing?

Waldorf: What's that?

Statler: Go to sleep!

Waldorf: I can't.

Statler: Why not?

Waldorf: Because Nurse Carroll's got me on that medication again; so I won't be sleeping until another 24 hours from now.

Statler: Well, since we're both gonna be up for a while, why don't we just read the next chapter of this dumb story.

Waldorf: But it hasn't been posted yet. By the time it gets here, we'll be fast asleep.

Statler: And that's a problem?

Waldorf: Good thing I brought those taped episodes of Everybody Hates Chris to keep us busy 'til then.

The next chapter of "X-Men Mark The Spot" will be here before you know it. Stay tuned.:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my! I have gotten far far behind! Will try to catch up! As I see a F4 fanfic appearing!!!