The Master Cleanse

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm hearing more and more about something called the Master Cleanse, and I'm thinking of trying it. This thread is more geared toward anyone who knows what it is and maybe has tried it:

Is it worth it? Should I try it? I'm not trying it solely to lose weight, but that's one of the goals. I understand that people come away from this cleanse feeling generally healthier and more balanced, and that's something I'm really shooting for. I can exercise afterward (or at least, start exercising afterward) to really start losing weight, but I wanted to use the Master Cleanse as a starting point. Is this a healthy thing to try?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:eek: If you decide to undergo "the cleanse" be prepared for several less than comfortable days. I am a relatively healthy guy (a trim vegetarian with a slight corn allergy). I eat smaller meals every few hours, do 30-45 minutes of cardio daily and weight train 60 minutes 4 days a week. It's all engrained in my life and feels fairly relaxed rather than a chore. For me it's about something I can live with every day.

I have tried cleanses in the past and they've never done much for me. However they have worked wonders for others who swear by them. The last one I did turned me a rather un-Kermit-like shade of green. :coy: I suppose it's about what is right for you. I've probably been of little help.

Any life change requires substantial preparation and consideration. Good luck. :wink:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
That's actually good advice, Jamie. I mainly brought up the topic here because one can read blogs and reviews from unknown people all day long, but to get advice from people you know and trust, even just a little bit of it, is invaluable. I'll probably do it, but I'm going to have to plan my days accordingly; start getting up much earlier in the morning to take care of all the, um, stuff that goes along with cleansing :smile: before leaving for work.