The Matrix Revolutions...disappointment is not the word

beaker

Reaction score
Just got back from seeing The Matrix Revolutions on IMAX in san francisco...all I can say is I want my $16.50 back. To say this film sucked would be an understatement...I liken it to having to be stuck at your Aunt's house in Iowa in the middle of a tumbleweed storm.

While Reloaded was one of the greatest movies experiences Ive had, sitting their in complete awe...Revolutions, one of the biggest hyped films in eons, is perhaps the biggest letdown Ive felt since Star Wars Episode One. Just a nasty, unpleasant downer mess that kind of ruins your day. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else strongly thought this movie just plain stunk? It's sad, as I loved the first two.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
couldn't even get into the first one, although I have been wanting to rent the second one.....

beaker

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
couldn't even get into the first one, although I have been wanting to rent the second one.....
To be honest the first two are very pg-13, suitable for anyone over 13...but revolutions, ack...definately too brutal for young viewers...that and it is just lame. But you so need to rent the first two, they are just breathtaking!

//cory(beaker)
The Meeptrix
Meep the Unmeepable

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Personally, I've seen it twice and am enjoying it more and more as I read more about it. I understand the disappointment though. There are too many questions left open at the end... which is why they are putting out "Matrix Online" PC game in June, 2004 and rumor has a 160 page graphic novel (comic book) sometime. I would also expect another Animatrix soon. They are going to cash in on all the questions before the end is near.

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
Just got back from seeing The Matrix Revolutions on IMAX in san francisco...all I can say is I want my $16.50 back. To say this film sucked would be an understatement...I liken it to having to be stuck at your Aunt's house in Iowa in the middle of a tumbleweed storm.

While Reloaded was one of the greatest movies experiences Ive had, sitting their in complete awe...Revolutions, one of the biggest hyped films in eons, is perhaps the biggest letdown Ive felt since Star Wars Episode One. Just a nasty, unpleasant downer mess that kind of ruins your day. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else strongly thought this movie just plain stunk? It's sad, as I loved the first two.

Ouch!!! And coming from a die hard fan, that is very disparaging.

>>There are too many questions left open at the end... which is why they are putting out "Matrix Online" PC game in June, 2004 and rumor has a 160 page graphic novel (comic book) sometime. I would also expect another Animatrix soon. They are going to cash in on all the questions before the end is near.<<

If anything they are innovative of how they are making the storyline... Not only do you have to watch 3 films, but you must play a videogame and watch a series of animated shorts. So no doubt they will clear everything up in future Matrix products... I mean, they've thought of everything but putting half of the story line on a cereal box...

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it disappointed you, Cory. I've gotten mixed reviews about it; some people loved it, and some people hated it. I haven't seen it yet. I'm suprised to hear how much you really like Reloaded, to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed w/it. To each his own, I suppose...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I couldn't get into ANY of the films, even after suffering the first film three times and seeing the second one once, I can't beg myself to like these movies, and furthermore I can't forgive myself for wasting 8 hours of my life trying to. By now, the special effects that was getting rave reviews in the first film are outdated by other films making spoofs or using the same effects for their movies (another puky film was Charlies Angels and used lots of matrix-esque effects).

No sir, none of this was worth it to me in the least, but that's only my opinion.

beaker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Ouch!!! And coming from a die hard fan, that is very disparaging....
Oh yeah, to say I'ma huge Matrix fan would be an understatement...and Ive seen Animatrix(which is INCREDIBLE!), Matrix 1, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revisited dvd, played the video game, read the comics...and guess what?
It doesn't help Revolution's huge suckyness.

But to fully understand the sheer horridity of this piece of poo, youve gotta read my scathing review: http://www.pockybot.com/zine/index.php?section=4&article=40 (there is spoilers, but nothing ya didnt know already)

but yeah...ugh I feel saddened. what a waste.

jediX

Reaction score
hahaha...awesome job on the review.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, Kevin, I can't get into them either. Well, I only saw the first one. But it seems really creepy and dark and depressing and... I don't know. Definitely not my kind of thing. I do, however, think that Agent Smith is one heckuva movie villain. Actually, he's by far the most interesting character to me.
Erin