The Missing Link Hogthrob

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I posted footage of Link getting unlocked in Muppet Racemania in the Voice comparison thread. There's another clip of the game I found, but someone's talking through it and you can barely hear what he's saying... and I shudder to post it because the game's Long Player gets pretty aggravated at some points and says tome aggravated language. But from what I could hear, Steve's Link is pretty on the ball.
Did this guy have an Australian accent? If not, then I know of another playthrough that is a little more tolerable on the language front (apart from grievous abuse of the word 'retarded').

Drtooth

Reaction score

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I mean, it's stuff that doesn't bug me in the slightest (you should hear me playing a frustrating game sometime... really... I'm serious... I sound closer to Angry Video Game Nerd than this guy ever would), but I don't think it's suitable for the forum. lemme see if I can find the narration free Link clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3wFXx2x9Z4&feature=related
I'm skeptical to know that's Steve Whitmire doing the voiceover. He really improved Link for the upcoming Mppet flick. I mean-- even that one little barbershop/Three Stooges-esque "Hello." gave it genuine effort.

Thanks for sharing this voiceover gem, Dr. Tooth! I was wondering what Link's voice sounded like in Race Mania. >w<

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm skeptical to know that's Steve Whitmire doing the voiceover. He really improved Link for the upcoming Mppet flick. I mean-- even that one little barbershop/Three Stooges-esque "Hello." gave it genuine effort.
He sounds more like him in the clip where he loses the race, trust me... but I can't post that due to language issues, and it was pretty hard to hear without the volume all the way up anyway.

Unfortunately, he doesn't say anything after you pick him the way Bobo does. Bobo adds a very in character "I've been picked! Ya hear that guys? I'm picked."

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
He sounds more like him in the clip where he loses the race, trust me... but I can't post that due to language issues, and it was pretty hard to hear without the volume all the way up anyway.

Unfortunately, he doesn't say anything after you pick him the way Bobo does. Bobo adds a very in character "I've been picked! Ya hear that guys? I'm picked."
Ooooh... despite the bad language, I'm really interested to hear more of Link from Race Mania-- even if the audio is not in good shape.

Oh my-- like, I'm on deviantART right now, admiring your Link Hogthrob's "Manly Motto" cartoon. Link's truly my favorite ladybug. Good job. xD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh my-- like, I'm on deviantART right now, admiring your Link Hogthrob's "Manly Motto" cartoon. Link's truly my favorite ladybug. Good job. xD
I really should draw Link much more. I got that and a spoof of the Link: Faces of Evil game with him on it. I WAS going to draw him as Link Hogthrob Monster Smasher for Halloween, but I got busy and didn't get to do as much as I wanted. I Always have to get a Duckula in there, though.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I really should draw Link much more. I got that and a spoof of the Link: Faces of Evil game with him on it. I WAS going to draw him as Link Hogthrob Monster Smasher for Halloween, but I got busy and didn't get to do as much as I wanted. I Always have to get a Duckula in there, though.
Link Hogthrob as Matthew Blackheart (by me looking at the theatrical movie poster, since I've never seen the flick)... that would make such an epic parody cross-over! <3 Sorry you didn't the time to draw it this year. But, I really like your muse-- especially to our favorite self-absorbed pig. xP

Oh yeah-- I totally forgot about the Link Hogthrob: Faces of Evil cross-over you drew.

Link Hogthrob Shield: NOT IN THE FACE (lol)

~~
Here's one of mine from deviantART/Bitstrips.com

LAST DANCE

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Link Hogthrob as Matthew Blackheart (by me looking at the theatrical movie poster, since I've never seen the flick)... that would make such an epic parody cross-over! <3 Sorry you didn't the time to draw it this year. But, I really like your muse-- especially to our favorite self-absorbed pig. xP

Oh yeah-- I totally forgot about the Link Hogthrob: Faces of Evil cross-over you drew.

Link Hogthrob Shield: NOT IN THE FACE (lol)

~~
Here's one of mine from deviantART/Bitstrips.com

LAST DANCE

I don't think Kermit would be that upset, because he views Piggy as his friend, not as a girlfriend. Also Link, is pretty funny when he gets to do something stupid. Such as when Piggy tricks him into letting her being the first pig on Koozebane.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I don't think Kermit would be that upset, because he views Piggy as his friend, not as a girlfriend. Also Link, is pretty funny when he gets to do something stupid. Such as when Piggy tricks him into letting her being the first pig on Koozebane.
Nah. A frog and a pig in committed love is no myth. Kermit and Piggy are an item. They're not the most sophisticated creatures, but they share more than what they intimately feel; Kermit may pry, and elude from Piggy's mischief every now and then, and Miss Piggy can easily fume the heck out of poor Kermit-- but Kermit canonically loves Piggy, and Piggy would sicken Kermit into her undying love she devotes to only her Kermie. Kermit, and Miss Piggy forever. Enough said. No relationship has to be perfect. <3

Haha. Link indeed is hilarious. He's my favorite.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah. A frog and a pig in committed love is no myth. Kermit and Piggy are an item. They're not the most sophisticated creatures, but they share more than what they intimately feel; Kermit may pry, and elude from Piggy's mischief every now and then, and Miss Piggy can easily fume the heck out of poor Kermit-- but Kermit canonically loves Piggy, and Piggy would sicken Kermit into her undying love she devotes to only her Kermie. Kermit, and Miss Piggy forever. Enough said. No relationship has to be perfect. <3
Plus, Piggy would actually be disgusted with the thought of being in a relationship with Link. Link disgusts her. She's ehhh with Strangepork, yet seems to respect him on a scientific level sometimes...

Somehow, Link couldn't be in a committed relationship. That would require him to share love between someone other than himself. I could see him with Spamela Hamderson, though. Really seems like Link could have been in Bay of Pigs watch had he been recast by then.