The Mixed Noodle Family

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching today's new episode of Sesame Street (YES, I KNOW they've all already aired, but remember, the hotel I was staying at for a month didn't have PBS, ergo, I didn't get to see a lot of the new episodes), and I was surprised at first to see that the Noodle family is a family of mixed races when Mr. Noodle brought on Mr. Noodle's Other Sister Miss Noodle. I thought, in a way, it was kind of nice, in a way, because I don't think I ever recall the show showing examples of familys of mixed races before, have they? If they haven't, they could really try something out to show that, because mixed families are actually more common than one would realize.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I actually hadn't seen this, so I just looked it up on he Muppet Wiki. I think that's really cool, showing that the noodles are different races. Quite a few people I know have families where their parents have different heritage (black and white, asian and european, etc.) so it is a bit of realism for the kids out there who are in that boat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually hadn't seen this, so I just looked it up on he Muppet Wiki. I think that's really cool, showing that the noodles are different races. Quite a few people I know have families where their parents have different heritage (black and white, asian and european, etc.) so it is a bit of realism for the kids out there who are in that boat.
Exactly. In fact, where I live, mixed families (particularly black and white) are very common; in fact, if my memory serves correctly, in Grade 2, I had a friend whose dad was African America, while his mom was Indian (Native American that is).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... So you got 4160: Grouch News Network. Good, that's the season finale BTW. Only thing I'm missing is the name of the actress who portrayed Mr. Noodle's Other Sister.

Hope next year you can watch the episodes with the rest of us Snowths.